Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2017, 02:01 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm looking forward to blue states working with global leaders to support the Paris Agreement and leaving Trump out of it. It will show him to be the weakling he is.
With your money. Not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 02:02 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,179 times
Default Make Our Planet Great Again!

I present to you, The NEW Leader of the Free World:

Macron skewers Trump in the first-ever English address by a French president from the Élysée

Old 06-02-2017, 02:04 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,720,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
For starters, this government is ignoring the Constitution anyway and 2, one can still work with other nations on Climate Change without entering a treaty.

Wouldn't seem to be the case

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation

Old 06-02-2017, 02:07 PM

537 posts, read 597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Did anyone watch his speech in its entirety today?

I did.

I am an avid believer in taking care of our planet and all life forms on it.
This is one area I have not been in support of around Trump.

I listened to his speech and it makes sense why he pulled out.

Our huge financial obligation to under developed countries.
Under developed countries will not have mandated coal restrictions for years.
They take are manufacturing jobs(jobs are sent overseas), because we have to shut down plants.

The United States already sent $450 billion to this organization and there is no answers to exactly where it is going.
Some of this funding was taken away from Military funds.

I can see why he did this as a way to take care of America.

He said he would like to renegotiate a new deal that did not put most of the burden on America.

I am still torn on Earth and pollution and hoping a new deal can be negotiated.

But everyone, all countries have to step up and have to partake in the same efforts and finances.
Appreciate your reasonable viewpoints. I too am a staunch defender of this planet and all non human life. I am far from a Trump supporter. But I also run a business and do not support measures that purport to fight climate change while funneling hundreds of billions of dollars out of the economy. I don't see the point in wasting over a trillion dollars to delay the advances of climate change by a matter of months over the next 80 years. The Paris Climate Accord seems more about redistribution of wealth than about actual climate change. Wouldn't it be more effective for the US to take the money otherwise "spent" on the Paris Climate Accord and invest it in renewable and nuclear energy?

People also keep forgetting that greenhouse gas emissions in the US have been declining for years, whereas in countries like China they have been exploding. And yet developed nations like the US get the raw end of the deal from the agreement.

I'm no expert on any of this, but this is just my opinion and it seems to be a rather popular one.

But the Paris Climate Accord is a raw deal for the United States.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:19 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-us-withdrawal

I see our EU friends can be relied upon. We need that as long as an authotarian fascist is inhabiting the White House.
Quote:
criticism for not signing up to a joint declaration by Germany, France and Italy in opposition to the US move
You must not realized that many countries are not with you... in case you didn't know, it includes countries IN the EU...

Old 06-02-2017, 02:24 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
We don't want the world to fall, we don't want to lose jobs. By the way, fracking has brought carbon footprint down, yet y'all don't want that.

And it's not gonna turn into a waterworld, either. And even with pulling out of the agreement, that doesn't stop the temperature from going up, does it?

Also - Why, for any reason, do you think we should want Trump to fail?
It has brought the carbon footprint down but let's just keep ignoring the amount of earthquakes that are coincidentally occurring in areas that fracking is very prevalent.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:27 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"The European Union has rejected Donald Trump’s offer to renegotiate the Paris climate agreement and pledged instead to bypass Washington to work with US business leaders and state governors to implement the historic accord’s commitments."

The US is increasingly isolated. You can't ****** your friends on one thing and expect to go out to the movies later.
Trump is increasingly isolated. The American people, state and local governments, and US businesses are not going to let that jackass and the GOP destroy the planet to indulge a minority of malcontents, misfits, ignoramuses and deplorables.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:29 PM

35,666 posts, read 21,025,987 times
https://www.curbed.com/2017/6/2/1572...s-green-lights
Cities light up green in support of Paris climate agreement
From city halls to bridges, here’s how cities showed their support

time to paint the RIVER green- Chicago- Tampa- Ft Lauderdale!!!

Old 06-02-2017, 02:32 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I think we're going to start seeing this manifest in other ways as well. We are witnessing the diminished influence of the U.S. in the world because of our Idiot-in-Chief.
Hmm, that sounds familiar. Oh yeah, we used to post just the same thing about Obama. Especially after he got on his knees and let the world ram the stupid Paris accords up America's keister.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Yep, liberal gush fest going. Giddy with excitement but with no clue on how to fund what the accord will demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies