Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2017, 07:33 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,877,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Wow!!! Documented proof the earth has never warmed before!!!!

I wish I'd known this was the first warming so I could have jumped on the band wagon early.
Who is contending that it has never warmed before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 07:33 PM

46,189 posts, read 26,935,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I can't tell them what to do. But most of the people you vilify, are not what you say and that irritates me.
Nobody can tell anyone what to do, that was not my question.

Tell me, who do I vilify? And why would I vilify them because they talk down to people and how they should change and then fly off in their jet?

You do understand your all might al gore made all his money from his dad the COAL miner OWNER, right?

Of course not.....

Old 06-02-2017, 07:35 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Well, the only way that graph supports man-made global warming is if the earth never experienced warming periods before.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:35 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,108,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nobody can tell anyone what to do, that was not my question.

Tell me, who do I vilify? And why would I vilify them because they talk down to people and how they should change and then fly off in their jet?

You do understand your all might al gore made all his money from his dad the COAL miner OWNER, right?

Of course not.....
Again, stop focusing on al gore and focus on the issue. You're not fooling anybody with these scarecrows you throw up.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
The ones who went after Mann and tried to discredit his work and failed.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Well, the only way that graph supports man-made global warming is if the earth never experienced warming periods before.
Not exactly. Of course, that graph doesn't show correlation to human activity on its own, but it doesn't disprove anything, either. And only an idiot (or someone woefully unfamiliar with Earth's history) would claim there has never been natural warming.

It is the correlation to human activity that is important.

If you have data that shows a strong correlation in our planet's warming that is unrelated to human activity, please share.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:43 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
Quote:
Not exactly. Of course, that graph doesn't show correlation to human activity on its own, but it doesn't disprove anything, either. And only an idiot (or someone woefully unfamiliar with Earth's history) would claim there has never been natural warming.

It is the correlation to human activity that is important.

If you have data that shows a strong correlation in our planet's warming that is unrelated to human activity, please share.
There was global warming prior to man.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
You clearly don't know even the most basics of Global Warming to say that. Can you please descriptively say how there was anthropocentric global warming prior to man? I got my popcorn ready.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:49 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,085,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
a) Science is never settled
Yes, it is. "Settled Science" is applied to become Applied Science or what you call Technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
b) People who deny anthropogenic climate change is occurring, at least on some level, are morons.
The climate naturally changes during an Inter-Glacial Period. The morons are the ones who don't understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What they haven't told you about climate change
Lots of things they haven't told anyone.

They don't tell people that the average global temperatures during 7 of the last 8 Inter-Glacial Periods were warmer than the present Inter-Glacial Period.

They don't tell people that the last Inter-Glacial Period was 10.4°F to 15.3°F warmer than present.

They don't tell people that the absorption at 15 micrometers corresponds to a temperature of -112°F or -80°C.

They don't tell people that their flawed models have cool air causing the warming.

They don't tell people that their flawed models assume the Earth is flat and not a spheroid.

They don't tell people that CO2 is a lagging indicator and not a leading indicator, meaning CO2 increases as the Earth warms, rather than CO2 driving the warming.

They don't tell people that the Greenland Ice Sheet nearly melted completely during the last Inter-Glacial Period.

There's lots of things they don't tell people, but then they have to hide the facts from people in order to push their agenda.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
The climate has changed naturally for as long as the Earth has existed. Ask any climate scientist, they'll agree with you.

That single fact does not disqualify the strong correlation we see between human activity (i.e. burning of fossil fuels) and our current warming trend.

Please share some data that shows a strong correlation to some other cause, and maybe you'll have a case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies