Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 10:58 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times

Advertisements

The past few days have been amazing. Bill Maher uses the N word in his joke. Kathy Griffin displays a headless trump figurine, and Reza Aslan called President Donald Trump a piece of #$%%. You see these stupid liberals are talking about being political correctness, talking bad about Trump. Now when Liberals say something offensive or out of line, even though nothing is meant out of it, its the other liberals who go against them to tear fellow liberals apart. I hope liberals such as Bill Maher, Reza Aslan and Bill Maher learned their lessons this past week. Not for nothing, Reza had a right to say what he wanted, and Bill Maher had a right to say the N word, and Kathy Griffin had a right to display her art work that is offensive and out of line. But right now as a country we are slowly going down the path of Nazi Germany and Communist states like Soviet Russia and North Korea. More and more liberals will come out to say out of line and offensive stuff. Even Hillary Clinton called black men super predators, and labeled uneducated whites as a basket of deplorable. I wonder if the term "deplorable" is a racial slur now just like the damn N word? Not for nothing, if people don't like slurs or anything of offense, it should be time to get ride of the constitution that binds us to free speech. Also employers need to enforce when can things be say and not said while on and off the job because once you sign that contract. That person is a slave to that job.

But overall, do you guys feel that Free Speech in America is dead? Also how do you feel about liberals having a taste of their own medicine by being betrayed by other liberals on voicing offensive free speech? Over the past few days I had to laugh at Bill Maher, Kathy Griffin and Reza Aslan because of their remarks, but yet these entertainers expect a free pass because they are liberal? Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 10:59 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
I'm pretty sure that wall of text would be sufficient in keeping out illegals. Paragraphs, please.

But yeah, a lot of gaffes have been made by stereotypical liberal figureheads lately. They have to know it's making the left look bad... right?

Old 06-04-2017, 11:00 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
TLDR: Nope I have no idea what the poster is going on about.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:06 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm pretty sure that wall of text would be sufficient in keeping out illegals. Paragraphs, please.

But yeah, a lot of gaffes have been made by stereotypical liberal figureheads lately. They have to know it's making the left look bad... right?
I smell a Nazi. A Grammar-Nazi that is. How's Harvard treating ya?

Old 06-04-2017, 11:12 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The past few days have been amazing. Bill Maher uses the N word in his joke. Kathy Griffin displays a headless trump figurine, and Reza Aslan called President Donald Trump a piece of #$%%. You see these stupid liberals are talking about being political correctness, talking bad about Trump. Now when Liberals say something offensive or out of line, even though nothing is meant out of it, its the other liberals who go against them to tear fellow liberals apart. I hope liberals such as Bill Maher, Reza Aslan and Bill Maher learned their lessons this past week. Not for nothing, Reza had a right to say what he wanted, and Bill Maher had a right to say the N word, and Kathy Griffin had a right to display her art work that is offensive and out of line. But right now as a country we are slowly going down the path of Nazi Germany and Communist states like Soviet Russia and North Korea. More and more liberals will come out to say out of line and offensive stuff. Even Hillary Clinton called black men super predators, and labeled uneducated whites as a basket of deplorable. I wonder if the term "deplorable" is a racial slur now just like the damn N word? Not for nothing, if people don't like slurs or anything of offense, it should be time to get ride of the constitution that binds us to free speech. Also employers need to enforce when can things be say and not said while on and off the job because once you sign that contract. That person is a slave to that job.

But overall, do you guys feel that Free Speech in America is dead? Also how do you feel about liberals having a taste of their own medicine by being betrayed by other liberals on voicing offensive free speech? Over the past few days I had to laugh at Bill Maher, Kathy Griffin and Reza Aslan because of their remarks, but yet these entertainers expect a free pass because they are liberal? Please.
One of the great things about our country is free speech. We can say what we want. That doesn't mean we are free from the consequences though. I find many tweets by our president offensive. But he gets a free pass doesn't he.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:14 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I smell a Nazi. A Grammar-Nazi that is. How's Harvard treating ya?
So defensive. geez lmao

Old 06-04-2017, 11:28 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,505,720 times
Why don't people understand "free speech"? Natalie nailed it. Has Kathy Griffin been arrested? Bill Maher? Donald Trump? Me? You? It's about Americans being able to speak freely without the government banging down their door and hauling them off to jail. And that is actually limited depending on if what one says can be construed as an actual threat. Shouting "fire" in a movie theater is a common example of limits of free speech. With free speech comes responsibility. And exercising free speech does not mean one is free of consequences...people challenging you, not liking you, losing your job...etc... .

Old 06-04-2017, 11:32 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Why don't people understand "free speech"? Natalie nailed it. Has Kathy Griffin been arrested? Bill Maher? Donald Trump? Me? You? It's about Americans being able to speak freely without the government banging down their door and hauling them off to jail. And that is actually limited depending on if what one says can be construed as an actual threat. Shouting "fire" in a movie theater is a common example of limits of free speech. With free speech comes responsibility. And exercising free speech does not mean one is free of consequences...people challenging you, not liking you, losing your job...etc... .
Exactly! Your post makes no sense. Free speech is alive and well. Feeling betrayed? Griffey is her own person who was only respresenting herself. She didn't betray anyone. Only her common sense.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:33 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Free speech only exists if you are a Liberal otherwise shut the flop up!

Old 06-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 5 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,603,118 times
Free Speech dead? In a word, "no".

Unless you can argue why the First Amendment ought to apply to private and/or other non-governmental entities as much as the government itself, then you have no basis for saying it's dead. Now if law enforcement starts knocking on my door and following me around, merely based on my posts about Trump (none of which advocate hurting, harming, or even degrading him or his supporters), *then* you and I can talk. Until then, sorry Bronx, but no sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies