Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 11:35 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times

Advertisements

Most people from all over the world know that it is a set back.

Heck! (can I say that here?) Even businesses and CEOS of major companies say so! Wall Street even isn't okay with it :

Paris Climate Agreement: Businesses React to Donald Trump's Withdrawal | Fortune.com

Quote:
And it’s not just environmentalists who are concerned. Experts say pulling out of the deal could harm American businesses, and CEOs had been asking Trump to stick with the deal since the President announced he was close to making his final decision. Even oil giants such as ExxonMobil and ConocoPhillips were among the companies that expressed support for the accord ahead of Trump’s announcement.
Why? Because (non partisan), it was an accord that took more than 20 years to deal with every country, EV-VE-RY country in 195 listed ! Everyone of them! Think how hard was the dealing with all of them ? Already hard to deal one-to-one, ten-to-ten, worst, 195-to-195? With everyone's special interests at hand? Do you truly think the USA got a bad one?? With their power?

Small countries and islands came to testify how their lands were disappearing before their very eyes. Photographers showed how in 10 years, landscapes dramatically changed, etc.

They all came to agree that something needed to be done, truly. It is a major issue, truly major! beyond those not believing in global warming, the first issue was to REDUCE pollution.

Out of 195 countries listed in the world - as the most recent country to be in existence, South Soudan probably isn't - (and look at the help they need !! famine created voluntarily by civil war, shameful - but then, they have no petrol, do they? I digress), out of every country, only TWO didn't want to join forces : Nicaragua and Syria.

Now the USA has joined them! Great! You are now only three along with Nicaragua and Syria !

Great that you associate with such countries (just as you associate with the only death penalty countries remaining, such as Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and China)

Is this truly where some of you wish your country to go to?

And some of you enven rejoice?

Let's check the cost for the USA to leave the Paris accord.

- more than 3B$ revenue for reproductive energies in less than 10 years, and that's not counting jobs and open market ads, billions more. You just got out of what WILL be, whether you like it or not, the "money-making" system of the 21st.

- China gets in the way even bigger, when you still had (feeble, but still) power to counter. And I don't mean military or economic power, I mean intellectual, scientific power, associated with those of the western world. THAT? gone.

- You'll be left to pieces while the rest of the world keeps going by and along.

As for what it costs you? Funny, I heard no one say how you are, after China, damn you're now second, still been surpassed, the second WORST polluters in the entire WORLD! Such waste, such over-consumption, such disdain. Yet, you speak of costs. Some might it call penalty. SECOND worst polluter in the world, but just only since China recently took your place.

Go and isolate. Whatever. Plans are already in the making for you refusing to pay your part. Don't think for a second it's re-negociable. That is PUERILE.

And sorry if Trump is trumping you. Obama had definitely gotten a great deal for you. It took lots of time and diplomatic efforts. JUST to ask you to just go down a mere 0.5 in CO2.

Opening coal mines? Are you kidding? It's like some of you don't read anything, at ALL.

Countries that have NOTHING to do with our (I said OUR) over consumption, have to deal with it, just check "africa recycling" in google, you'll see lots of journalists's or documentalists's reports.

I wish I could talk about universal revenue but it would derail the subjetc. Just know, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with being a lazy liberal. EVERYTHING to do with capitalism at its extrem, automation mostly.

As for respect? And a re-deal? you must be kidding.

This is, and I say that as a true friend and blood-tied person of the USA, the most ludicruous and worst set back the USA has ever done in losing leadership.

I keep hope in some of the "small letters" in the contract of the agreement that most don't seem to have read.

Anyway, it seems clear now.

The Spiegel when your president was elected, way before going out of that historic worldwide agreement, just the day after his election :

It's a pity that such a great country has managed to isolate its way in such a short time.

I know that some of you say that Europe doesn't count, you did also say that Australia, Canada, China, South America didn't either...

Who are you left with? Saudia Arabia and Russia. Good luck on that.

Make Our Planet Great Again. (MACRON while spanking your leader)

Thanks for the people who will have read till the end. All of the others, I forgive you.

And everyone, please discuss.

Do you think most Americans realize how this is a HUGE type-we live in the 50's again - isolation decision from the US government? In terms of job, world leadership and environment?

Last edited by personne; 06-03-2017 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 11:36 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Is Trump turning America into a third world nation?

No. That's a rabid liberal fantasy.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama bringing in illegals and having millions of anchor babies. Third world country for Americans only ,while the illegals get the jobs and get the welfare while working Americans have to pay more taxes and higher prices for food, housing , and medical because of all the free food and medical.
Obama should have been impeached for his failure to protect and defend the Constitution. He did things the Constitution forbids the President to do. Making "agreements" with foreign countries is one of them. Not prosecuting and deporting illegals is another. He swore an oath to "faithfully execute the Laws," and to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." He did neither.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:37 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Leaving would mean giving up. Some true patriots need to stay and fight the ignorance.
You aren't a patriot.

You people hate the founding forefathers.

You hate the Constiuttion.

You hate our form of government.

You hate capitalism.

You hate a liberty based society.

You aren't patriots, you are enemies.

So why not get out and go join your communist brethren in those other Utopian countries you love to prattle on about?

Old 06-03-2017, 11:38 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Propaganda by the green activists.

Disregard this garbage.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:40 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You aren't a patriot.

You people hate the founding forefathers.

You hate the Constiuttion.

You hate our form of government.

You hate capitalism.

You hate a liberty based society.

You aren't patriots, you are enemies.

So why not get out and go join your communist brethren in those other Utopian countries you love to prattle on about?

You are so far from the truth.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:40 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times
Which green activist? neither green, nor activist.

I'm a French woman, part of this world and am just expressing not only views, but also some that I took time to research so that I could expose them to you as truthfully as I could.

Why disregard? Are you too afraid to read? and then answer?

It is a pity if so.

Or maybe you just saw the last image and didn't read at all? I wonder.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:46 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That is a pretty bold statement, specifically what regulations that were being enforced last year at this time are not being enforced right now?

I would suggest carefully researching your answer. Using some liberal rag that pops up in Google search is not going to be in your best interests to making an informed reply.
Not to mention, there is no place in the Constitution that says the President is to "protect the environment." The EPA is an Agency under the Executive Branch, and he therefore is the "boss." As Chief Executive Officer, he has the authority to direct Agencies under his control, which means he has the power to abolish regulations if he deems necessary or appropriate.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:46 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Half of USA is right, entire world is wrong.
And then we say french are the symbol of arrogance
Right, its a weird one for sure, even from a pascal's wager angle, if you are wrong we are done as a species seems like a too high of a wager,

Old 06-03-2017, 11:47 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Big corporations who are upset about this decision are only upset because it effects their $$$. Same goes for Elon Musk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies