Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 02:02 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Nothing prevents us (the U.S.) from pursuing clean energy and conservation of fossil fuels. The benefit of getting out of the accord is our obligation to give $2 Billion to the U.N.. That's $2 BILLION that WE DON"T HAVE. We're broke. It doesn't make any sense for us to borrow $2 Billion from some other country, pay interest on it, and give it away to the U.N. I'm glad we finally have a President that understands the danger of our debt.

That is a LIE you've been fed.

These accords were for ALL of us to invest in clean energy. With possibility of investing also. The consequences would have been of investing largely in countries that the accord would have given you right to.

We will, you won't. And fight on opening cole plans, lol.

Excuse me, but you've been trumped largely (or it seems bigly)

Anyway, that will be your first spank mister!

Let's wait for another president. (read the little lines).

Until, you've lost BIGLY with such an ignoragamus fool. You know what shocked us the most? he doesn't even respect the American people. He **** (let's censure myself) most of them and they cheer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 02:03 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Most people from all over the world know that it is a set back.

Heck! (can I say that here?) Even businesses and CEOS of major companies say so! Wall Street even isn't okay with it :

Paris Climate Agreement: Businesses React to Donald Trump's Withdrawal | Fortune.com

Why? Because (non partisan), it was an accord that took more than 20 years to deal with every country, EV-VE-RY country in 195 listed ! Everyone of them! Think how hard was the dealing with all of them ? Already hard to deal one-to-one, ten-to-ten, worst, 195-to-195? With everyone's special interests at hand? Do you truly think the USA got a bad one?? With their power?

Small countries and islands came to testify how their lands were disappearing before their very eyes. Photographers showed how in 10 years, landscapes dramatically changed, etc.

They all came to agree that something needed to be done, truly. It is a major issue, truly major! beyond those not believing in global warming, the first issue was to REDUCE pollution.

Out of 195 countries listed in the world - as the most recent country to be in existence, South Soudan probably isn't - (and look at the help they need !! famine created voluntarily by civil war, shameful - but then, they have no petrol, do they? I digress), out of every country, only TWO didn't want to join forces : Nicaragua and Syria.

Now the USA has joined them! Great! You are now only three along with Nicaragua and Syria !

Great that you associate with such countries (just as you associate with the only death penalty countries remaining, such as Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and China)

Is this truly where some of you wish your country to go to?

And some of you enven rejoice?

Let's check the cost for the USA to leave the Paris accord.

- more than 3B$ revenue for reproductive energies in less than 10 years, and that's not counting jobs and open market ads, billions more. You just got out of what WILL be, whether you like it or not, the "money-making" system of the 21st.

- China gets in the way even bigger, when you still had (feeble, but still) power to counter. And I don't mean military or economic power, I mean intellectual, scientific power, associated with those of the western world. THAT? gone.

- You'll be left to pieces while the rest of the world keeps going by and along.

As for what it costs you? Funny, I heard no one say how you are, after China, damn you're now second, still been surpassed, the second WORST polluters in the entire WORLD! Such waste, such over-consumption, such disdain. Yet, you speak of costs. Some might it call penalty. SECOND worst polluter in the world, but just only since China recently took your place.

Go and isolate. Whatever. Plans are already in the making for you refusing to pay your part. Don't think for a second it's re-negociable. That is PUERILE.

And sorry if Trump is trumping you. Obama had definitely gotten a great deal for you. It took lots of time and diplomatic efforts. JUST to ask you to just go down a mere 0.5 in CO2.

Opening coal mines? Are you kidding? It's like some of you don't read anything, at ALL.

Countries that have NOTHING to do with our (I said OUR) over consumption, have to deal with it, just check "africa recycling" in google, you'll see lots of journalists's or documentalists's reports.

I wish I could talk about universal revenue but it would derail the subjetc. Just know, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with being a lazy liberal. EVERYTHING to do with capitalism at its extrem, automation mostly.

As for respect? And a re-deal? you must be kidding.

This is, and I say that as a true friend and blood-tied person of the USA, the most ludicruous and worst set back the USA has ever done in losing leadership.

I keep hope in some of the "small letters" in the contract of the agreement that most don't seem to have read.

Anyway, it seems clear now.

The Spiegel when your president was elected, way before going out of that historic worldwide agreement, just the day after his election :

It's a pity that such a great country has managed to isolate its way in such a short time.

I know that some of you say that Europe doesn't count, you did also say that Australia, Canada, China, South America didn't either...

Who are you left with? Saudia Arabia and Russia. Good luck on that.

Make Our Planet Great Again. (MACRON while spanking your leader)

Thanks for the people who will have read till the end. All of the others, I forgive you.

And everyone, please discuss.

Do you think most Americans realize how this is a HUGE type-we live in the 50's again - isolation decision from the US government? In terms of job, world leadership and environment?
First of all, Let me just say that I understand pollution is a big concern. However,

The 25 pages, when condensed, basically say this:

Everyone is going to pitch in to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels
Unless you can’t afford to or you have other priorities.
That’s it.

Forget Trump; anyone might be justified in recognizing what a hollow bunch of nonsense this is. It’s a “feel good” thing only.

You can stay with the agreement and do nothing; or you can leave the agreement and do nothing, or you could stay or leave while doing something. Doesn’t matter.

Trump left a “deal” which is no deal at all. The disruption in so doing is at the level of posturing among nations.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:05 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Most people from all over the world know that it is a set back.

Heck! (can I say that here?) Even businesses and CEOS of major companies say so! Wall Street even isn't okay with it :

Paris Climate Agreement: Businesses React to Donald Trump's Withdrawal | Fortune.com

Why? Because (non partisan), it was an accord that took more than 20 years to deal with every country, EV-VE-RY country in 195 listed ! Everyone of them! Think how hard was the dealing with all of them ? Already hard to deal one-to-one, ten-to-ten, worst, 195-to-195? With everyone's special interests at hand? Do you truly think the USA got a bad one?? With their power?

Small countries and islands came to testify how their lands were disappearing before their very eyes. Photographers showed how in 10 years, landscapes dramatically changed, etc.

They all came to agree that something needed to be done, truly. It is a major issue, truly major! beyond those not believing in global warming, the first issue was to REDUCE pollution.

Out of 195 countries listed in the world - as the most recent country to be in existence, South Soudan probably isn't - (and look at the help they need !! famine created voluntarily by civil war, shameful - but then, they have no petrol, do they? I digress), out of every country, only TWO didn't want to join forces : Nicaragua and Syria.

Now the USA has joined them! Great! You are now only three along with Nicaragua and Syria !

Great that you associate with such countries (just as you associate with the only death penalty countries remaining, such as Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and China)

Is this truly where some of you wish your country to go to?

And some of you enven rejoice?

Let's check the cost for the USA to leave the Paris accord.

- more than 3B$ revenue for reproductive energies in less than 10 years, and that's not counting jobs and open market ads, billions more. You just got out of what WILL be, whether you like it or not, the "money-making" system of the 21st.

- China gets in the way even bigger, when you still had (feeble, but still) power to counter. And I don't mean military or economic power, I mean intellectual, scientific power, associated with those of the western world. THAT? gone.

- You'll be left to pieces while the rest of the world keeps going by and along.

As for what it costs you? Funny, I heard no one say how you are, after China, damn you're now second, still been surpassed, the second WORST polluters in the entire WORLD! Such waste, such over-consumption, such disdain. Yet, you speak of costs. Some might it call penalty. SECOND worst polluter in the world, but just only since China recently took your place.

Go and isolate. Whatever. Plans are already in the making for you refusing to pay your part. Don't think for a second it's re-negociable. That is PUERILE.

And sorry if Trump is trumping you. Obama had definitely gotten a great deal for you. It took lots of time and diplomatic efforts. JUST to ask you to just go down a mere 0.5 in CO2.

Opening coal mines? Are you kidding? It's like some of you don't read anything, at ALL.

Countries that have NOTHING to do with our (I said OUR) over consumption, have to deal with it, just check "africa recycling" in google, you'll see lots of journalists's or documentalists's reports.

I wish I could talk about universal revenue but it would derail the subjetc. Just know, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with being a lazy liberal. EVERYTHING to do with capitalism at its extrem, automation mostly.

As for respect? And a re-deal? you must be kidding.

This is, and I say that as a true friend and blood-tied person of the USA, the most ludicruous and worst set back the USA has ever done in losing leadership.

I keep hope in some of the "small letters" in the contract of the agreement that most don't seem to have read.

Anyway, it seems clear now.

The Spiegel when your president was elected, way before going out of that historic worldwide agreement, just the day after his election :

It's a pity that such a great country has managed to isolate its way in such a short time.

I know that some of you say that Europe doesn't count, you did also say that Australia, Canada, China, South America didn't either...

Who are you left with? Saudia Arabia and Russia. Good luck on that.

Make Our Planet Great Again. (MACRON while spanking your leader)

Thanks for the people who will have read till the end. All of the others, I forgive you.

And everyone, please discuss.

Do you think most Americans realize how this is a HUGE type-we live in the 50's again - isolation decision from the US government? In terms of job, world leadership and environment?
Nice grammar and punctuation. Otherwise just more enviro-crazy idiocy. Your climate religion is a scam!
Remember----you on the Left can't get past those like me!

Old 06-03-2017, 02:05 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Maybe, maybe if you had the C02 emissions of an Indian or even a Chinese you could talk.
You know, an American = 8,5 Indians.
Yes, the Paris Agreement was huge, because it was predicted it would stop warming by 0.2 degrees by 2100. That is massive.

Yet, other countries like China got a better deal. Won't cost them as many jobs. India, your example, pollutes far more per unit produced. As they increase production shouldn't this be a serious priority of the agreement?

Increasing trees, protecting forests, shouldn't that be part of the agreement?

Asking people to not cut down rainforest, etc?

Paris Can Wait

Old 06-03-2017, 02:07 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
...were for ALL of us to invest in clean energy...
Is this clean energy able to stand on its own? Or is it so inefficient and untenable that it requires market manipulation and the use of government coercion to pick winners and losers? Let it stand on its own.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Maybe in a country that I don't know fully well, even if I do at some extent, but it can work. It has, for everyone, relating on the topic, why not in the US?

Should I shut up?

Did you read? It also has enormous consequences on american economy.
Can the person who repped me to say I should shut up and worry about my own country have the balls (I guess he presents himself as an alpha man) to tell it in public or at least with an open name.

Otherwise, you are a coward, mister.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
First of all, Let me just say that I understand pollution is a big concern. However,

The 25 pages, when condensed, basically say this:

Everyone is going to pitch in to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels
Unless you can’t afford to or you have other priorities.
That’s it.

Forget Trump; anyone might be justified in recognizing what a hollow bunch of nonsense this is. It’s a “feel good” thing only.

You can stay with the agreement and do nothing; or you can leave the agreement and do nothing, or you could stay or leave while doing something. Doesn’t matter.

Trump left a “deal” which is no deal at all. The disruption in so doing is at the level of posturing among nations.
Please, let me thank you for your politeness.

That is not at all what the deal is about.

But if you mean that it is not enough, well we might agree.

What was so incredible and historical about that deal is that finally, after decades, every country in the world had gone and pledged to an agreement. However small it might seems in your view (maybe, maybe not); EVERY country was okay to make an effort!

It is not a "feel good" thing, it is a start for what is the greatest threat, worst than fundamentalism (In Paris 11th arrondissement and in Nice, don't start me on that).

Fundamentalism is our nearest ennemy, okay? This is even worse, as it is insiduous. I have faith that western world will overcome fundamentalism, from either way. Planet destroying? Not so much.

But still, this accord was a great thing, one that children will read in history books maybe, well, if they stay free, when ALL countries in the world tried to find a solution. ALL of them.

Well,; except for.... you know them.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:19 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,004,031 times
Quote:
Can the person who repped me to say I should shut up and worry about my own country have the balls (I guess he presents himself as an alpha man) to tell it in public or at least with an open name.

Otherwise, you are a coward, mister.
I didn't rep you, but he has a point. The US and Europe should begin to go their own way, it's way overdue. For decades now, I hear a never ending badmouthing of the US from Europe in general. The general your fat, ignorant, loud and on and on. It gets really old, especially after paying out TRILLIONS of defense dollars to defend western Europe and to say nothing of the hundreds of thousands of lost lives and tens of thousands of Americans crippled in two major wars.

What does the US really get out of this relationship, not much but headaches and badmouthing. We have two large oceans to defend us and the largest most advanced military on the planet. What does Europe really offer us but one long continuous drama.

Time to move on.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:21 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
You can't just isolate this one topic. For better or worse, it will lead to isolation, will cost a seat at the table, loss of influence, and affect trade and other international agreements and negotiations.

Note that Trudeau says "US federal government" not "US" - a distinction between Trump and other Americans, and a hope or belief that his reign is a temporary abberration.

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/st...86250762645504

Old 06-03-2017, 02:22 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:

I know this is somewhat off topic, but a number of posters in different threads have lumped Nicaragua with the U.S. That's unfair. Yes, Nicaragua didn't sign the Paris Accord, but:

Quote:
Nicaragua's reason for refusing the deal, though, is not because it wanted to burn more fossil fuels, but because the agreement did not go far enough.

The country already gets more than half of its energy from renewable resources, and plans to bump that up to 90% by 2020.

A 2013 World Bank report labelled it "a renewable energy paradise", with extensive opportunity for geothermic, wind, solar and wave energy.
Climate change: Why isn't Nicaragua in the Paris agreement? - BBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies