Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 08:42 AM

51,619 posts, read 25,681,640 times

Advertisements

Trump isn't working on renegotiating any deals except the one with Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 08:45 AM

51,619 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Job numbers are losing steam. Third month in a row. Any idea what that's about?

Old 06-02-2017, 08:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Solyndra for one, lost a ton of tax payer cash and in hindsight called that a good investment. Solyndra was just one of many failed green energy investments which should have gone into research.

then there was the stimulus package and infrastructure shovel ready projects... whpo knows where that money went or is sitting and recall obama snickered when confronted about shovel ready jobs, admitting that was an oops.

Banks were forced to take loans they didn't need or want.

then there was the training of 4 militants at a cost of 50 million dollars, another good obama investment.

then obama screwed GM shareholders in favor of the unions, another good investment

UE went way up with federal regs to suffocate business and began to drop when the workforce no longer looked for jobs, taking them out of the statistical pool to calculate unemployment.

just for starts
While there are many issues to address in your post -- the key factor

none of the issues you have noted have anything to do with any trade arrangements.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am just curious do anti-Trumpers really want us to renegotiate/tear up NAFTA? You kept talking about NAFTA as a good thing, then come out and say trade deficits are bad... do you guys actually have any ideas what you are saying?
As someone who doesn't like Trump -- usually I bring up NAFTA as an example of the failings of Trump.

He campaigned he would rip up NAFTA (which is crazy stupid). Some people took the time to explain how NAFTA is important to more than half the states in the USA and he changed his mind. That was a good thing. He claims he is going to renegotiate a better deal for USA but still hasn't done anything.

I'm not mad at Trump about NAFTA...but it is one of the many areas he was misguided on. And yes I'm pleased he did take the time to learn about it.

Did a liberal say trade deficits are bad or is that Trump's rant?

Old 06-02-2017, 08:51 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,722,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
While there are many issues to address in your post -- the key factor

none of the issues you have noted have anything to do with any trade arrangements.
And a bunch of cherry picked issues and debunked myths to boot!

Old 06-02-2017, 08:52 AM

I think that the intent was to show how for all his rants, Trump has done nothing to slow down the trade deficit.

I could be wrong......I often am.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I think that the intent was to show how for all his rants, Trump has done nothing to slow down the trade deficit.

I could be wrong......I often am.
That was the point!

Old 06-02-2017, 08:55 AM

1,302 posts, read 681,321 times
Everytime Trump speaks against NAFTA, Mexico's peso gets cheaper and cheaper and US Dollar becomes more and more expensive,

Before Trump stupid campaign Peso was 13.5 Pesos/dollar after "Build that Wall!!!" gringos reaction, peso fell to 15 pesos/dollar, When Trump Won pesos fell to 19 pesos/dollar. If Nafta is ended Mexican peso will fall from 19 Pesos/Dollar to 25 Pesos/Dollar at least. that will cause A political change in MExico for a More Anti-Murican presidency and the peso will fall to 30 pesos/Dollar. ¿What Barrier will shut that GAP of Productivity?

Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler, are here to improve their performace since their numbers in USA manufacturing plants are weak since blue collar workers there earn more than 5 times what workers here, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Masda, Suzuki, Acura are japanese companies established here not only for US market but also for Latin America Market, as well as German Volks Wagen, Mercedes, Audi, Seat, and Korean KIA, they are here to increase their productivity and to have penetration into the Latin American Market If Cars made in USA are so expensive that they will be kicked out of Latin America market, then the Japanese Germans and Koreans will take advantage of US Manufacturers incompetitiveness.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 06-02-2017 at 09:06 AM..

Old 06-02-2017, 08:59 AM

I'm not convinced a trade deficit is such a bad thing.Seems I'm not alone.

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...eally-bad-news

http://www.investopedia.com/articles...trade-deficit-

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/arti...in_102659.html

Old 06-02-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
As someone who doesn't like Trump -- usually I bring up NAFTA as an example of the failings of Trump.

He campaigned he would rip up NAFTA (which is crazy stupid). Some people took the time to explain how NAFTA is important to more than half the states in the USA and he changed his mind. That was a good thing. He claims he is going to renegotiate a better deal for USA but still hasn't done anything.

I'm not mad at Trump about NAFTA...but it is one of the many areas he was misguided on. And yes I'm pleased he did take the time to learn about it.

Did a liberal say trade deficits are bad or is that Trump's rant?
They can be either good or bad, depending on many factors. I believe that citing trade deficits plays to Trump's base who think that it is a simple issue with simple solutions. All the very inexpensive products that consumers enjoy are a positive of our current trade deficit, for example.

I believe that many Trump supporters think that turning back the clock to when we manufactured waffle irons is a workable solution.

Trump seems unable to grasp the vast intricacies of global trade and seems to just do things that "seem like a good idea" in the moment. Let the chips fall as they may.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies