Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 06:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Would depend on a couple things.

1) Most important: What does the autopsy show? Was he choked to death, beaten until he had 12 skull fractures or did he fall and hit his head or suffer a heart attack?

2) Your own post says "the wife claimed" you know I don't have to say more than that. I've seen "wives, moms, cousins etc." claim that their relative did nothing even with video of them doing exactly that.

3) Other witnesses. Seems like we don't quite have the full story here yet.

Maybe the deputy really did pummell the guy into a coma.

Again, the autopsy, hard facts will tell us a lot but you're already beliving the woman and rolling your eyes.

Can't we just wait a week for hard evidence?
Stop it. I'm allowed to draw obvious conclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 12:37 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You can't beat a man to death just because he threw the first punch. Especially when YOU confronted him. Coaxing a drunk into punching you is the easiest thing in the world to do. That's ridiculous.
Agreed. Drunks are easy to fight and not get hit. They have little balance. Only a coward confronts a drunk and fights him. All for taking a leak.

"Even after I told him 'stop, stop' and other people were screaming he wouldn't do it," the eyewitness said. "Even after his wife came he didn't do it. His wife didn't do anything, because I went in to call the police she was already there on the side and I didn't see her do anything, I didn't hear [her] tell him stop. I didn't hear her tell him anything. She just was watching." (wife being the deputy)

The eyewitness tells KHOU that Hernandez was held in a chokehold by the deputy's husband for more than 10 minutes and was not breathing.

Man dies after alleged beating by husband of Texas deputy in Denny's parking lot - CBS News

Old 06-04-2017, 12:43 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
nope, but i have worked in the hospitality industry for many years, and i have seen what drunks can do far too many times over those years.

i also have friends that have dealt with drunks as a regular part of their job, bouncers, security guards, and LEOs. and they report that most of the time drunks are either happy, or extremely clumsy. however they also report that from time to time they run into drunks that will fight, and are quite capable of doing severe harm.

perhaps, but not every drunk is easy to handle, especially without hurting them.
When you are outside, which is the case in this instance, it is easy to stay out of the range of a drunk.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:25 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
This story is intriguing. A drunk man is urinating outside of a Denny's in Harris County,Texas, and the Husband of a Harris County deputy confronts the drunk, a fight ensues, and the deputy's husband beats the man to death.

What's MORE interesting is what happens after the cops come on the scene:

Really now? I can't wait to see how this one is gonna shake out.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...and/361454001/
" I can't wait to see how this one is gonna shake out."

If it follows the normal pattern, it will be 180 degrees DIFFERENT then what is currently being '"reported"!

And , what is your goal for posting this story?

Is it because it says "a deputy's husband"?

What does THIS have to do with anything?

Old 06-04-2017, 11:43 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I think you misunderstood me. His being a Denny's employee would make him an even more reliable witness. He works there, see's stuff happening everyday, saw this fight and so on. If I were the prosecutor I'd want him on the stand.
Sorry, I thought you may have been sarcastic. I agree with you about him being a reliable witness.

Old 06-04-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I can't wait to see how this one is gonna shake out."

If it follows the normal pattern, it will be 180 degrees DIFFERENT then what is currently being '"reported"!

And , what is your goal for posting this story?

Is it because it says "a deputy's husband"?

What does THIS have to do with anything?
It has to do with A LOT because they took his wife's phone and gave her a report claiming that the cop's husband was the victim.

But then they turn around and tell the press that they have no comment because the matter is still under investigation.

Reading is fundamental Playboy!

Old 06-04-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
When you are outside, which is the case in this instance, it is easy to stay out of the range of a drunk.
Pretty much.

The cop's husband was looking for a fight.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:52 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
It has to do with A LOT because they took his wife's phone and gave her a report claiming that the cop's husband was the victim.

But then they turn around and tell the press that they have no comment because the matter is still under investigation.

Reading is fundamental Playboy!
"Reading is fundamental"

being so overtly biased is NOT.

"Playboy" ?

Old 06-05-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Reading is fundamental"

being so overtly biased is NOT.

"Playboy" ?
Again....they've stated to the dead man's family that his killer was the victim. Then they told the press that the matter is still under investigation.

This is AFTER taking the wife's cellphone away from her.

Wanna clear that up?

Old 06-05-2017, 11:49 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Stop it. I'm allowed to draw obvious conclusions.
So, should we hang the guy now or wait until after the trial?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies