Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 10:50 AM

51,581 posts, read 25,561,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Well when left wing news media are constantly on the attack and breaking news on things as pathetic at how someone shook Trump's hand, I guess you always have to be on the defensive.
Why would Trump need to be on the defensive about who he shook hands with? What does he care what the press says about him?

Get busy and go to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 10:52 AM

51,581 posts, read 25,561,093 times
Exactly what are Trump and the Republicans trying to do that the press is keeping them from doing?

Old 06-03-2017, 11:19 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,248,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That's because Trump does not come from the Washington swamp, he's not one of the establishment, and the establishment resent him for it. The establishment have spent decades creating this well oiled machine, which enriched them and their cronies.

The expansion of government power, the punitive nature of our tax and regulatory laws, and runaway federal spending empowers them, and they fear Trump will start to undo it. So Trump must be opposed and defeated at every turn, even if it means the nation has to suffer.
From the inside of Washington I'd probably agree with you. Nothing to do with left/right, but just the simple fact he's technically anti-establishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump, himself, is the problem and anyone denying that does not hold people responsible for their own actions and words.

In Trump's case, the problem is compounded because he has surrounded himself with inexperienced, unqualified and, in some cases, incompetent people who he doesn't listen to anyhow, and are extremely weak with damage control.

He's erratic, illogical and cannot think clearly, especially when speaking.

"...In the middle of his speech trashing the climate accord, President Trump suddenly blurted out that his “tax bill is moving along in Congress.” This was something of a surprise since, A) there is no tax bill and, B) nothing is moving along in Congress..."
As a left leaning independent I see the same things you do. I though his cabinet choices were terrible, and his overall demeanor is somewhat childish as POTUS. A lot of his problems are of his creation. But I will also say I'm ashamed of the left (and please, the right has done the same sort of things in the past) and how incredibly unsupportive they are. We are supposed to be united, and the left in many cases are acting like really poor losers. Plus they are feeding the public a lot of fear mongering.

But it's the crapa$$ media that I abhor, no matter what side of the fence they're on. Take Kathy Griffin for instance. She knew the media would latch on and give her exposure, and the media pasted it everywhere. That's how I found out about it.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:40 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,449,925 times
The Trumpmobile has had a Trumptastic crash on the Highway of Life and now millions of citizens and journalists are staring at the resulting (not Al) gore! Everybody slows down to look at a "major accident" (rubbernecking) and can't take their eyes off of the twisted Trump wreck! It's going to be another 3 1/2 years before they get all of the Donald Debris off the road and get things moving at normal speed again!

Old 06-05-2017, 07:06 AM

37,831 posts, read 21,927,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
They have and I am loving it. These people are so incredibly arrogant, that it is driving them off a cliff. I love every claim, the attempt to control the media, the attempt to push narratives, the out and out lies, the violent attacks and temper tantrums, the disgusting calls for violence against the president, all of these things I am loving and it is because with each of these actions, they turn more and more against them. I know people who lean pretty hard left who are demoralized by all this blatant action. They are shocked by the obvious devious and openly encouraged hate that is being spewed.

I want them to keep it up, I want them to push even harder, I want them to wake up next election and find that people want nothing to do with them, that they see them for what they are.

So keep it up progressives!!! Do what you do!!!
Kathy Griffin was an example of how far over the top these libs have been going. Normal everyday Democrats, who don't normally pay very little attention to politics, are not caught up in this insanity on the left. Much of it being driven by elected Democrats

People, like those you referred to, are repulsed by what they see from within their own political party. The lib'tard left are waking up and seeing the masked removed from these insane leftists, and I'm loving it; "know the truth, and the truth shall set you free"

Old 06-05-2017, 07:07 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,911,357 times
The only reason there is a perception of more damage control is that the liberal MSM and the Democrat Party have waged a propaganda war to destroy Trump from day one.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,407,431 times
Talking Yeah, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
This presidential beginning for Trump is nuts. Some will blame the liberals for setting him up, some will blame Trump for bringing it upon himself.

It doesn't matter to me. All I see is much more time spent on what equates to a marital spat than the actual running of a government. There was a flurry of signed executive orders (big deal). Blocked travel ban, pulling out of Paris, "you're fired" to Comey - moves and counter moves, yet to me nothing to date has felt like some true work is actually getting done in Washington.

I was hoping this crap would blow over so Trump could actually get to work, but I've been saying that for months and there doesn't seem be any letup to this tomfoolery.

Fact is, tRump keeps running his yap and causing himself (and the GOP) lots of problems.

It's kinda like a guy who walks down the street and with every step, whacks himself in the forehead with a wooden mallet.

It'll feel real good when he stops.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:32 AM

21,431 posts, read 7,389,325 times
Quote:
I was hoping this crap would blow over so Trump could actually get to work, but I've been saying that for months and there doesn't seem be any letup to this tomfoolery.
They are off to a rough start.

It is looking like Mr Trump is difficult to work for, and he has picked some incompetent people (probably due to their perceived loyalty, rather than talent). If there is a shake-up looming one can only point to the president who is responsible for setting the agenda and choosing the staff leadership.

Then of course the tweets do not help. The staff gets together and decides what line they will use for talking points then the president blows it up, he is the only one who can not stick to script. It is embarrassing.

They also waste far too much time defending his outsized ego, when he lies about crowd sizes and other nonsense. Very unnecessary distractions.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:19 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,729,128 times
I think you need to look closer at what he's getting done. He's the look over there president that creates smoke and chaos so he can do something unpopular. He rolled back Dodd Frank, he allowed his buddy from Dow Chemical to put a banned pesticide back on the market and even let Andy from Dow watch as he signed the legislation. He's now in the process of taking away the birth control option from employees and giving to the employers to decide based on religious beliefs. He's about destroyed planned parenthood, nearly dismantled the EPA which included taking away the money for the great lakes clean up. Lake Michigan is a water supply for tens of thousands. He's in massive cover up mode and turned the white house into a family run business. Oh yeah. Donnie Darko has been very busy abusing his power and deregulating the environment for his 1% buddies. Lets pollute the water ways again and jeopardize the heath of thousands for the sake of bringing coal back, or maybe to benefit the 1% profit margin. Pesky responsible EPA guidelines just cut into profits. I still want a reasonable explanation as to why he's given secret ethics waivers to former lobbyists to handle matters they recently worked on. Yes they all do it, but the difference is that it shouldn't be a secret. It should be out in the open with a reasonable explanation. Yep Donnie's been busy alright, and has accomplished quite a bit. Just not for the average Joe.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:38 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,587,718 times
Quote:
This presidential beginning for Trump is nuts. Some will blame the liberals for setting him up, some will blame Trump for bringing it upon himself.

It doesn't matter to me. All I see is much more time spent on what equates to a marital spat than the actual running of a government. There was a flurry of signed executive orders (big deal). Blocked travel ban, pulling out of Paris, "you're fired" to Comey - moves and counter moves, yet to me nothing to date has felt like some true work is actually getting done in Washington.

He wasn't ready for the job. This is what happens. Only the beginning. I can't imagine working for him and the chaos that has to be controlled on a daily basis. Probably why they're hiding in the bushes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies