Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 09:19 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,000 times

Advertisements

republican governor and former presidential candidate chris christie thinks that legalization is a priority for Democrats and believes marijuana is the devil's creation:

New Jersey governor Chris Christie called supporters of marijuana legalization "crazy liberals" who want to "poison our kids" during a talk at a substance abuse conference on Monday.

"They want that blood money? Let them do it," Christie said.

"And they will. Let me tell you something — this will be like priority number one come January. I guarantee you, if we have a Democratic governor, it will be priority number one."

Chris Christie attacks weed legalization - Business Insider

While running for president he also said he would close legal marijuana businesses if elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 09:20 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You will notice that I have not defended the Reps in Detroit. Reps quite often fight the war on marijuana.

But Dems control Detroit and have for 50 plus years. Now they are stepping up their war on marijuana.
NO, they aren't they are trying to keep dispensaries from opening on every corner, next to schools, parks, libraries and day care centers..oh the horror!

"Reps" are fighting the war on marijuana? Really..then Jeff Sessions was just kidding when he said “good people don’t smoke marijuana.” lolol

Old 06-03-2017, 09:23 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
GOP states that legalized weed is not the topic.

Please try to keep up.
There is evidence that Detroit politicians, perhaps Democrats, are trying to limit the geography of the distribution of medical marijuana. But that has nothing to do with the overall availability or limits to consumption. So no there is no indication that Dems are attempting to step up the war on marijuana.

Your thesis is simply unsupported by the facts presented.

You are wrong.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:24 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Foolish Democrats have not chosen to end the war on marijuana. We don't know what Trump will do.

But the topic of this thread is Detroit. The Dems there are stepping up their war on Marijuana. Do you agree?
Get real..restricting the placement of marijuana dispensaries is not stepping up the war on marijuana. The thread title is false and your entire argument is flawed because you selectively quoted from the article and failed to include the part that explained how their law restricts dispensaries. If they didn't have those restrictions I bet your post would have been "irresponsible Detroit democrats allow dispensaries without restriction"

Old 06-03-2017, 09:26 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Banned by who...the government. I thought you wanted less government in our lives. I don't want government banning anything.
Even bank robbery?
Why have a government at all?

Truth is, you just want to pick and choose which issues should be regulated. Those that entertain you should be left alone.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He hasn't and he won't.

My comprehension is not clouded by intoxicants.

T, I had someone say they believe you are an uber-Christian... like, bible thumping

I pretty much shrugged that off... tell me it aint so

Old 06-03-2017, 09:41 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Even bank robbery?
Why have a government at all?

Truth is, you just want to pick and choose which issues should be regulated. Those that entertain you should be left alone.
Robbery is stealing and a crime. Government has nothing to do with that. It's the law. But we aren't talking about that are we.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:45 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Robbery is stealing and a crime. Government has nothing to do with that. It's the law. But we aren't talking about that are we.
Government creates and enforces the law..... Do you just prefer vigilantism?

Old 06-03-2017, 09:48 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Dems don't have a perfect record on marijuana, but in general they are warming to legalization much faster than the GOP is. I think a lot of it also has to do with the divide on this issue being pretty generational. Younger people want legalization while the older generation tends to favor prohibition.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:50 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Government creates and enforces the law..... Do you just prefer vigilantism?
We are talking about pot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies