Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 05:40 AM

27,044 posts, read 13,303,145 times

Advertisements

Trump is on a roll with those tweets.

Trump puts strain on special relationship - BBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 05:40 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,468,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What exactly did President Trump say that has his panties in a twist?

Most here on this thread are just playing off of it to spread their Trump hatred without any substance to their claims. There are plenty of Brits that like Donald Trump. The haters, like they are here, are just loud and obnoxious.
I have no idea.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:47 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,262,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
'They' is the British public in general. Brits don't want Trump visiting, we think he's a prize pillock. And May is seriously jeopardising the Tories' chance of winning this election (which is good, they need to lose, they've done enough harm already) by refusing to talk about Donald Doll-Hands.
The London Mayor would apparently rather have terrorists in his city than Donald Trump.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:04 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,228,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You keep posting this, are you aware that those people chanting that were just a small group of people (well I use the term 'people' loosely, they are members of a Far-Right racist group) who turned up to protest against the 30,000 people marching against the policies of Trump et al.? So 30k people, many holding anti-Trump signs, but you zero in on a small group of racists that no one else likes and think that Londoners love Trump... that's pretty pathetic.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, like him or not, he is the American president. I dislike Putin and Xi Ping (spell check), but I know that we still have to treat them as foreign leaders and working with them seem to be a good start.
At least they act like leaders. Overly controlling and not opposed to dirty dirty deeds but a hell of a lot more leader-like than Trump can act. If he could act like a grown up and stop his ridiculous tweeting then people might be able to treat him as a foreign leader but the onus is on him.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
At least they act like leaders. Overly controlling and not opposed to dirty dirty deeds but a hell of a lot more leader-like than Trump can act. If he could act like a grown up and stop his ridiculous tweeting then people might be able to treat him as a foreign leader but the onus is on him.
well, like him or not, he is the American president.

Nothing changed the fact that Khan has called on the British government to cancel a planned state visit by Donald Trump after being criticised.

Quite frankly, I am pretty mad at Trump. He should let the British people make the decision if Khan is a competent leader or not. But now, they (well, most) are united against Trump. Not good. This is how people work sometimes.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
well, like him or not, he is the American president.

Nothing changed the fact that Khan has called on the British government to cancel a planned state visit by Donald Trump after being criticised.

Quite frankly, I am pretty mad at Trump. He should let the British people make the decision if Khan is a competent leader or not. But now, they (well, most) are united against Trump. Not good. This is how people work sometimes.
To be fair, most of the British public weren't happy when the state visit was offered in the first place, this is just the icing on the cake.

Khan is well-liked in London, is generally viewed as a decent competent Mayor and I doubt this incident will change that view, especially as its May that is viewed as the one whose incompetence has led to this and the other attacks. And Khan said the right things, of course leaders need to try and calm people down after an attack as increased fear and anxiety don't help matters.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
To be fair, most of the British public weren't happy when the state visit was offered in the first place, this is just the icing on the cake.

Khan is well-liked in London, is generally viewed as a decent competent Mayor and I doubt this incident will change that view, especially as its May that is viewed as the one whose incompetence has led to this and the other attacks. And Khan said the right things, of course leaders need to try and calm people down after an attack as increased fear and anxiety don't help matters.
well, I have no issues or opinions about Khan. (in term of his leadership skills) I can only judge based on what I have seen. He sounds pretty vindictive, maybe he has a reason to be mad, but, I think he didn't handle the situation (twitter situation) well. It is just my opinion that doesn't really matter much.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:43 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,925,146 times
Quote:
well, I have no issues or opinions about Khan. (in term of his leadership skills) I can only judge based on what I have seen. He sounds pretty vindictive, maybe he has a reason to be mad, but, I think he didn't handle the situation (twitter situation) well. It is just my opinion that doesn't really matter much.
BBM

Well of course you would think that! You haven't yet understood that what Khan said and what Trump claims he said are two entirely different things. Without taking the time to understand the facts, it is impossible to understand the implications of those facts.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
BBM

Well of course you would think that! You haven't yet understood that what Khan said and what Trump claims he said are two entirely different things. Without taking the time to understand the facts, it is impossible to understand the implications of those facts.
well, the bold, it is pretty safe to assume that you have no ideas what I was talking about either.

I never said he (Khan) said anything wrong after the terrorist attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies