Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 09:11 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Good post.

But why several days?
Maybe because it takes some time to decide to act like that, to overcome behavioral norms for most people? Where, with trump, it is almost instantaneous because he has no behavioral norms to overcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 09:11 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

I think it would be in everyone's interest if both the Mayor and indeed Donald Trump put an end to this ridiculous war of words and just grew up.
I also think it would be wonderful if chocolate cake grew on trees.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Wimp. Can't take a little tough guy jousting? Who the h*** cares about inappropriate? This terrorism and a tougher more complete reaction is an existential situation. Inappropriate, really?
'tough guy jousting'? And, they say that trumpissts don't understand diplomacy.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, The London mayor, Sadiq Khan, has called on the British government to cancel a planned state visit by Donald Trump after being criticised in two tweets by the US president.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vel-ban-london

To me, it is pretty vindictive and quite frankly, stupid, to respond to personal attack. (And Trump is no saint in this area.)

He (Khan) makes it a national issue when it was nothing but a personal attack of him from Trump.

Kind of like a poster has a problem with my post, and she made it sound like I am the enemy of the state. LOL Just report me to the mod will solve the issue. lol

You might want to ask Theresa May that question.

Theresa May appeared unwilling to be drawn into the row. She praised Khan’s response to the attack but refused to explicitly comment on the US president’s intervention.

hmmm... whatever.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:15 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
hmmm... whatever.
and that is a great counter argument, by the way.

Don't worry about it, I do the same thing, normally it happens when I have nothing else to add. I usually use the word Meh.

So meh back at ya

Old 06-06-2017, 09:17 AM

12,860 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, The London mayor, Sadiq Khan, has called on the British government to cancel a planned state visit by Donald Trump after being criticised in two tweets by the US president.

To me, it is pretty vindictive and quite frankly, stupid, to respond to personal attack. (And Trump is no saint in this area.)
A personal attack would be Trump telling Khan he has a bad haircut. Criticizing another leader's response to an attack on his own city is more than a personal attack. And I don't blame Khan for not wanting Trump's brand of fear-mongering in his city or country. They have enough to deal with without Trump throwing fuel on the fire. This is the type of thing that's going to continue to happen repeatedly when we have a president who can't seem to do anything diplomatically. He's only been in office for 5 months and he's made more progress in alienating us from our biggest allies than in any other area.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:17 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Wimp. Can't take a little tough guy jousting? Who the h*** cares about inappropriate? This terrorism and a tougher more complete reaction is an existential situation. Inappropriate, really?
Hmm, yes, it's generally considered inappropriate to lie about what someone said. It's also inappropriate to attack someone based on a bunch of lies.

How does lying about the mayor of London help with this 'existential situation'?

I really want to know how destroying our alliances by lying about what they say, making false accusations, taking every opportunity to be a belligerent know-nothing brat, and leaking their intel is supposed to make us safer and help combat terrorism.

Of course, the answer is that none of that will help combat terrorism. All Trump is doing is alienating the US from the rest of the world, which makes us less safe.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:18 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,996 times
I would bet London is still much safer than places like Rio, Moscow, or even New York.

In 20 years, I don't believe that will be the case though. The seeds have been planted for a long time. London is headed for some rough times I think.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:18 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
A personal attack would be Trump telling Khan he has a bad haircut. Criticizing another leader's response to an attack on his own city is more than a personal attack. And I don't blame Khan for not wanting Trump's brand of fear-mongering in his city or country. They have enough to deal with without Trump throwing fuel on the fire. This is the type of thing that's going to continue to happen repeatedly when we have a president who can't seem to do anything diplomatically. He's only been in office for 5 months and he's made more progress in alienating us from our biggest allies than in any other area.
well, that is your opinion, but I think both can and should stop this non-sense. Neither handled the situation well enough.

Quite frankly, I think the winner in this situation is Theresa May.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:19 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
London tourist attractions closed after U.K. warns another attack likely - May. 24, 2017

London is safe...! According to the Muslim Mayor of London who was sworn in on the Koran!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ntv/index.html

Is London safe because the people of London stay more home out of fear?

After every attack, the only people who will be out in the street are muslims according to local reports and mentioned on TV but of course the mainstream PC will not show these images.

"Safest city" for how many times has it been in highest alert?
Safest to whom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies