Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 11:33 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Paralysis in the US and UK caused by the very same fear: fear of being labeled racist, hysterical, xenophobic, etc.

Terms I'm sure you've used more than once? Were you for or against Trump's travel ban? I, for example, was against it only to the effect that it didn't go far enough!
Well, you go ahead and find one of those posts where I've used any of those terms and quote it for me would you?

Doesn't compute that EVERY single one of the thousands of multiple shooting or the few verified terrorist activity in the U.S. was committed by home growns or those Saudi's given visas.

Doesn't compute you've already got over 3 million Muslims living in the U.S. (first recorded one in the 1700's) with over 3500 mosques servicing their religion and in spite of the logic of boobs on here, you're still able to live with them in reasonable harmony.

None of these facts computes but nonetheless a travel ban has just got to perform some magic form of stopping y'all from killing each other faster than any terrorist could ever hope for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 11:40 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
This thread is the most oxymoronic example of ignoring reality I've ever seen.

You just had a former navy officer go berserk and run down Americans in Times square no more than two weeks ago.

Add up all the deaths that have occurred in Europe for any specific time period other than WWII and compare them with the same time frame for the U.S. and then consider how stupid this thread with it's inane title is.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:53 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
This thread is the most oxymoronic example of ignoring reality I've ever seen.

You just had a former navy officer go berserk and run down Americans in Times square no more than two weeks ago.

Add up all the deaths that have occurred in Europe for any specific time period other than WWII and compare them with the same time frame for the U.S. and then consider how stupid this thread with it's inane title is.
I see, so you equate people dying of natural causes, car accidents, and drug overdoses as no different than dying from a nail bomb detonated at a teen concert?

Old 06-04-2017, 12:53 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Yes, what that poster said is extreme and such actions would be harmful and unwarranted. Watching Europe deal with terrorist attacks on a near regular basis is frustrating to watch. Some people are pushed to extreme thinking by perceived outside threats such as this. I think most of us would be completely satisfied with restrictions on taking in refugees from countries that hate us.
I'd love for the USA to return to the style of immigration we had 1924-1965 (roughly) which was ultra restrictive. It should be based on the anti 21st century EU model. Not open ended, not based on your need to leave your nation, more like a job application..what do you provide the USA by our allowing you to enter? Are you a risk free entry for the USA meaning we know everything major about you from moment of birth-which means your nation must have the equivalent of a birth provided Social Security Number.

I feel sorry for sane EU residents, but their policies are the reason they left themselves wide open to terrorism. We must never, ever do that on such a scale.

Time to stop singing Kumbaya and discuss sane , objectively harsh restrictions on immigration. And yes, if we have folks who pose risks to us that are not full citizens, we should move to deport them. No matter what their feelings are.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Doesn't compute you've already got over 3 million Muslims living in the U.S. (first recorded one in the 1700's) with over 3500 mosques servicing their religion and in spite of the logic of boobs on here, you're still able to live with them in reasonable harmony.
They are .9% because we did not (wisely) allow millions of Syrians in, despite BO's wishes. We avoided EU mistake. We should cap that region population within .1% of its present level.

They are many multiples that percentage in terrorism ravaged EU. Causation?

Old 06-04-2017, 01:09 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
They are .9% because we did not (wisely) allow millions of Syrians in, despite BO's wishes. We avoided EU mistake. We should cap that region population within .1% of its present level.

Liberals dont seem to understand. Radical Islam does not care if you are nice to them, they dont care if you defend them, they dont care period.

They respect strength and power. Not weakness and capitulation. They play liberal tolerance against them. That is why they almost exclusively attack unarmed civilians in "gun free" zones.

But of course liberals lash out at anyone who likes to defend themselves as "intolerant" and "bigots".

Old 06-04-2017, 01:24 PM

296 posts, read 260,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

Of all the muslim migrants in the EU, less than 2% are from Syria. There are less than 200,000 syrians in the whole of the EU.
That number is probably lower, due to the huge ammounts of fake documents used by Iraqi, Afgan, Libyan, Pakistani....etc, migrants.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas982 View Post
Of all the muslim migrants in the EU, less than 2% are from Syria. There are less than 200,000 syrians in the whole of the EU.
That number is probably lower, due to the huge ammounts of fake documents used by Iraqi, Afgan, Libyan, Pakistani....etc, migrants.
Their total ME Muslim population has exploded the last 20 years. We both know that. I would not simply restrict 1 nation, but rather the entire ME except Israel.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:36 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Oh for heaven's sake:

50 years or more of an open southern border and the associated crime that came in with the illegals (13 million of them) and you presume to lecture Europeans for being self loathing.

Examples of Serious Crimes By Illegal Aliens

Where do you people get off?
True!

Old 06-04-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I guess to liberals, Potentially making a foreigner feel "uncomfortable" is far worse than leaning over the broken body of your child who was killed in the name of allah. But not before tweeting out #notallmuslims
sadly correct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies