Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:29 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times

Advertisements

Because Europe is drunk on Political Correctness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
and when you make ten posts a day, about Muslims in Europe, you aren't discussing anything of material importance to Americans? You're simply signaling your own bigotry. In some respects, you're no different than the Imam who uses civilian casualties from US bombs to stir anti-Western sentiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 07:00 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Every time I read the OP's title it makes me laugh.

Throwing bananas as black soccer players must be a thoughtful gift I'd misinterpreted?

Old 06-06-2017, 07:30 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Exactly. Trump is currently the poster boy for recruiting tools for ISIS.
ISIS will bomb and kill whether Trump ever even existed. Blaming others for ISIS behavior is ignorant.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:01 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Have the people of Europe considered that WE don't share their insanity and incessant covering for the violent acts of Islam?

Old 06-06-2017, 08:22 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I can see the creeping moral equivalence in this OP. Are there Americans around the World running people down in cars and stabbing them while proclaiming they are killing them in the name of God?

Islamist terrorists are not killing innocents because people were mean to them.
There are many thousands of murders every year in the US. Are you saying the method of murder is somehow worse? Or are you arguing that a Muslim murdering someone is worse than someone else doing it? If the US wasn't one of the most violent Western nations in the world, maybe it'd have a better standing to pontificate, but it is and Muslims aren't the issue there.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:23 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
and when you make ten posts a day, about Muslims in Europe, you aren't discussing anything of material importance to Americans? You're simply signaling your own bigotry. In some respects, you're no different than the Imam who uses civilian casualties from US bombs to stir anti-Western sentiment.
Because, of course, Europe is a land on lollipops and unicorns.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:26 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
I've been to Europe multiple times. Their racism is far deeper than ours, I was shocked to be honest. I'm talking about bananas thrown on the field of a football match when black players came out. You liberals have this notion of European superiority, is still a myth. My German cousins laughed at me for being pretty damn offended.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:32 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well....

They are against the American President. Doesn't matter who is sitting in the seat.

Is it your argument that ISIS was friends with Obama? Or do you simply state a double standard? Your choice.
Get off the Obama high horse already. What has Trump done for America lately? And no, raising Twitter's stock price doesn't count.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:49 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Have the people of Europe considered that WE don't share their insanity and incessant covering for the violent acts of Islam?
Have you maybe considered that the people of Europe don't share your bigotry?
Your OP premise is flawed. But you knew that of course. You started the thread simply to give yourself a ready excuse to call a large portion of the American people bigots.

Europeans apparently believe one way and Americans apparently believe another way (over generalizing of course but you understand the point). I don't care what Europe or Europeans think of us. Really. I don't.

I said it before. European nations and their citizens have the absolute right to vote whoever they want into power, and have the absolute right to establish whatever immigration policies they want. They can empty out every Muslim nation and embrace ALL of them into their own European nations if they want. Have at it. Intelligent, sentient citizens forging their own future. But THEIR present and THEIR future is not what I want for THIS nation. No amount of shaming, blaming, name calling or finger pointing by the left or by European citizens or leaders will change that. And I'm not alone.

European leaders are never, ever (ever) going to accept Trump aside from perfunctory hand shaking at "bigly" conferences. They have staked their careers, their positions, their legacy and their places in history on their actions re: refugee immigration. Do you really think that Merkel (for example) is going to one day soon publicly acknowledge that she f'd up and shouldn't have allowed a million mostly young Muslim men to invade German (thereby knowingly endangering her citizens, increasing the burden on government coffers and changing the culture of her nation forever)? No she won't. And neither will the leaders of France, of Sweden, of so many other countries because to do THAT would be to acknowledge that they made a huge mistake that adversely impacted their countries now and forever.

Trump calls their behavior out. When European leaders have invested so heavily in refugee intake, they do not want to hear from another world leader, that they have made a huge mistake. It embarrasses them. And makes them afraid that their own people will begin to question them. And makes them afraid they will lose their positions during their next election cycle.

Europe is not the United States. The United States is not Europe. We have the absolute right to do whatever we need to do to keep our own people safe. We have the absolute right to forge our own present and our own future. And if we do not want to have the future that Europe will have (they WILL have that future - it's too late for them now - Europe will NEVER be the same again), that doesn't make us bigots. People like the OP just do not get it. Name calling does not work. it worked 8 years ago. Calling people like me racists and bigots used to work, because nobody wanted to be thought of as a racist and bigot. But far left liberals have overplayed their hand (as they inevitably always do). Those words mean almost nothing now. You want to call me a bigot - have at it.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:17 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Have you maybe considered that the people of Europe don't share your bigotry?
Your OP premise is flawed. But you knew that of course. You started the thread simply to give yourself a ready excuse to call a large portion of the American people bigots.

Europeans apparently believe one way and Americans apparently believe another way (over generalizing of course but you understand the point). I don't care what Europe or Europeans think of us. Really. I don't.

I said it before. European nations and their citizens have the absolute right to vote whoever they want into power, and have the absolute right to establish whatever immigration policies they want. They can empty out every Muslim nation and embrace ALL of them into their own European nations if they want. Have at it. Intelligent, sentient citizens forging their own future. But THEIR present and THEIR future is not what I want for THIS nation. No amount of shaming, blaming, name calling or finger pointing by the left or by European citizens or leaders will change that. And I'm not alone.

European leaders are never, ever (ever) going to accept Trump aside from perfunctory hand shaking at "bigly" conferences. They have staked their careers, their positions, their legacy and their places in history on their actions re: refugee immigration. Do you really think that Merkel (for example) is going to one day soon publicly acknowledge that she f'd up and shouldn't have allowed a million mostly young Muslim men to invade German (thereby knowingly endangering her citizens, increasing the burden on government coffers and changing the culture of her nation forever)? No she won't. And neither will the leaders of France, of Sweden, of so many other countries because to do THAT would be to acknowledge that they made a huge mistake that adversely impacted their countries now and forever.

Trump calls their behavior out. When European leaders have invested so heavily in refugee intake, they do not want to hear from another world leader, that they have made a huge mistake. It embarrasses them. And makes them afraid that their own people will begin to question them. And makes them afraid they will lose their positions during their next election cycle.

Europe is not the United States. The United States is not Europe. We have the absolute right to do whatever we need to do to keep our own people safe. We have the absolute right to forge our own present and our own future. And if we do not want to have the future that Europe will have (they WILL have that future - it's too late for them now - Europe will NEVER be the same again), that doesn't make us bigots. People like the OP just do not get it. Name calling does not work. it worked 8 years ago. Calling people like me racists and bigots used to work, because nobody wanted to be thought of as a racist and bigot. But far left liberals have overplayed their hand (as they inevitably always do). Those words mean almost nothing now. You want to call me a bigot - have at it.
I think you quoted me on accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies