Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 08:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,593,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm afraid that you might be right. I am relived to see the British PM in a public address say that "enough is enough" At least she's saying the right stuff. If it were Obama he'd be bending over backwards to not offend the local Muslim community. It gives me no pleasure in saying that to be honest.
People expect their leaders to " do something"

No one knows how to fight an ideology without borders without impacting the rights and freedoms of everyone, so leaders verbally condemn.

At the end of the day, some are " relieved" when a leader says " enough is enough" as if it will make a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 09:07 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,040,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

No one knows how to fight an ideology without borders without impacting the rights and freedoms of everyone, so leaders verbally condemn.

At the end of the day, some are " relieved" when a leader says " enough is enough" as if it will make a difference.
You can not defeat someone with nothing left to lose.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:49 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,485,732 times
Islamic Inspired War.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:51 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,485,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

The entire reason they are doomed. They cannot bring themselves to call it what it is.

You are in a HOLY WAR. One they don't want you to know you are in, or you may actually do something productive about it, to end it... FOR GOOD!

Old 06-05-2017, 09:54 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,100,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I don't care about a bunch of people who have no care to care for themselves and continue to subjugate themselves to such attacks.

Stupid is... as stupid does.
You are correct, but it's still terrible for their loved ones- especially children. Britain will still embrace muslims, however.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:56 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,100,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
May, actually called it Radical Islam.

That's progress.
Obama is offended.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:09 AM

727 posts, read 389,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
......relatively speaking. Only 7 or 8 killed. (We lost 3,000 in one day here.)

These small attacks won't change a thing. If the Muslims kill 50,000 or more in one attack, then things might change a bit.
Your observation is a reasonable reaction to the attack and I'm sure you aren't trying to diminish the fact several people dies and many more were injured. And there's little doubt terrorists will take over the world with attacks like this.

What they are trying to do is create fear and hope that causes confusion. And it's working. When we were in Viet Nam, we'd send in a sniper to take out the leader of a cell. Once the leader was killed, the rest of the Viet Cong would go into a panic. During their confusion we'd attack and our job was much easier because their leader was gone.

Now we have a leader who is easily panicked by these attacks. And that panic weakens us and plays right into the hands of the terrorists.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:12 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,040,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
Your observation is a reasonable reaction to the attack and I'm sure you aren't trying to diminish the fact several people dies and many more were injured. And there's little doubt terrorists will take over the world with attacks like this.

What they are trying to do is create fear and hope that causes confusion. And it's working. When we were in Viet Nam, we'd send in a sniper to take out the leader of a cell. Once the leader was killed, the rest of the Viet Cong would go into a panic. During their confusion we'd attack and our job was much easier because their leader was gone.

Now we have a leader who is easily panicked by these attacks. And that panic weakens us and plays right into the hands of the terrorists.
And in the end we accomplished nothing.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:31 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,774,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Not if you lost your life or lost a loved one. Not if you are one of the injured who will suffer. Trying to minimize this is pathetic. Please tell me liberal media isn't trying to minimize this?
I don't agree with minimizing this. It's a very real, scary situation for the people in London.

However, we also don't want to over blow it. That's exactly what the terrorists want. They want us to fear them. The way I see it is if I am going to go in a terrorist attack, that is the way I am meant to go. Constantly worrying about and fearing terrorism is giving the terrorists what they want.

I would say the terrorists on 9/11, unfortunately, delivered a successful blow. Not only did they kill 3,000 people in NYC and Washington, they also started a mass panic and crackdown on civil rights that persists to this day.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:08 PM

30,208 posts, read 23,629,906 times
The OP has a point.

These smaller attacks are not waking anyone up. We still have excuse makers out there blaming it on everything but radical Islamic terrorism, we still have people defending "refugees" pouring over the borders in to these countries, we still have media black out in the US of what is really going on over in Europe, we still have countries who criminalize someone speaking out against terrorists and "refugees", we still have people who refuse to believe what the religion teaches despite Muslims telling these people exactly what their religion teaches...

When 9/11 happened, the nation actually came together and wanted to get those who did that to us.

Does it really need to be that big again before the left gets it? (I'm not talking to the conspiracy theorists...there's no help for them.)

Do we really need to lose 3000+ or more all at once for the left to wake the hell up?

Here's a helpful guide since adding numbers seems to be difficult for some people:

https://storymaps.esri.com/stories/t...cks/?year=2017

538 attacks, 3640 fatalities in year 2017 alone.

We've reached beyond the 3000 killed...is the left ready to take this seriously yet? Or are they waiting on the "earth shattering 'kaboom'" before it jolts them out of their stupor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies