Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 12:14 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
......relatively speaking. Only 7 or 8 killed. (We lost 3,000 in one day here.)

These small attacks won't change a thing. If the Muslims kill 50,000 or more in one attack, then things might change a bit.
That's very true, maineguy. Can you imagine Londoners even noticing an event like this during the Blitz in WWII? The German air force dropped 5,300 tons of high explosives on the capital in just 24 nights! About 9000 civilians were killed during the Blitz. Yet, we allow a few miscreants to scare us into undermining our very own freedoms, just so we can feel "safe". It's embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 01:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Those who have no sympathy for the Brits are blaming citizens for the mess the government has put them in.

Should Americans get no sympathy if the same starts happening here? We voted in someone who wants to put a stop to letting these idiots into our country - and his hands are being tied at every turn.

I don't think the citizens of England OR Germany deserve what they've had to put up with just because they have damn fools for leaders.

And who do you think the puppet master is behind all of this anyway? George Soros is the one who pushed for them to take all these immigrants.

Now he's on a mission to destroy Hungary and Poland. Hmmm...I wonder why. He can't get them to go along with his globalist vision.

Nothing will change until you cut off the head of the snake, and that snake is too powerful for that to happen.

The world is screwed.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Those who have no sympathy for the Brits are blaming citizens for the mess the government has put them in.

Should Americans get no sympathy if the same starts happening here? We voted in someone who wants to put a stop to letting these idiots into our country - and his hands are being tied at every turn.

I don't think the citizens of England OR Germany deserve what they've had to put up with just because they have damn fools for leaders.
WHat about these people, did they deserve to die?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...idence-at-risk

Old 06-05-2017, 09:21 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
That's very true, maineguy. Can you imagine Londoners even noticing an event like this during the Blitz in WWII? The German air force dropped 5,300 tons of high explosives on the capital in just 24 nights! About 9000 civilians were killed during the Blitz. Yet, we allow a few miscreants to scare us into undermining our very own freedoms, just so we can feel "safe". It's embarrassing.
It's hardly "a few" miscreants.
But people have decided it's just not a big deal. Regular terrorist attacks killing a dozen or a hundred people are going to keep happening regularly, and people are collectively saying, "oh, well". It's either bravery or apathy.....hard to say.
(As I said, should the attacks start to kill thousands upon thousands in each attack, then people might accept minor changes as a response. Not until then).

Old 06-05-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
It's hardly "a few" miscreants.
But people have decided it's just not a big deal. Regular terrorist attacks killing a dozen or a hundred people are going to keep happening regularly, and people are collectively saying, "oh, well". It's either bravery or apathy.....hard to say.
(As I said, should the attacks start to kill thousands upon thousands in each attack, then people might accept minor changes as a response. Not until then).
I don't think it's apathy - I think they fear further retribution if they even try to prevent this.

Think about what would have to happen. Profiling? Asking people to report others? Calling people in to question them?

You may be right in saying nothing will change in the absence of an episode involving thousands, but I don't think it's apathy OR bravery. They may feel poking the hornets nest wouldn't be justified unless it gets to that point.

What a shame, if that's what it is.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:53 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
In 2017, there have been about 500 global terrorist attacks resulting in 3,500 deaths.

"Relatively small" attacks add up, don't you think?
That's quite a number of attacks.

Did all of these attacks have anything in common?

Old 06-05-2017, 10:10 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
A terrorist from my county (actually, an immigrant from Afghanistan who moved to my county when he was 7) planted a bomb in a NJ shore town boardwalk garbage can, a block over from where I rented a house a few summers ago. That same terrorist planted another bomb in Elizabeth, NJ, just a few miles from me, that was accidentally detonated by police near a commuter train line. That same guy planted a bomb in Manhattan that went off but luckily killed no one. He got into a shootout with police in broad daylight in the town next to mine, one I frequent because there's a restaurant there with amazing pizza.

This stuff is literally close to home for some people. Where I live, I think about terrorism all the time and what they might target next - the next train I'm on, the next Mets or Giants game I go to, the next time I'm driving through the Lincoln or Holland Tunnel or over the GW, the next time I'm flying out of Newark. There is no minimizing these attacks. Random, small attacks can kill "only" one person but what if that one person is your dad, or your best friend, or your neighbor, or you?

Who goes to a marathon and expects their 8 year old son to be blown up? "Only" three died, and yes it's true that it's not a lot, really, but one is too many. Who watches their husband go to work and expects him to die when his building collapses after it's hit by an airplane?

People shouldn't live in fear, but this stuff is often in the back of people's minds. No attack is truly minor. Every single one is a threat to us all and should make us all angry.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Why, yes. Yes, they did!

All ISIS or ISIS sympathizers / Muslims.

For a period in 2016 ISIS was attacking and killing people every 84 hours.

How do you get rid of roaches that multiply faster than you can kill them?

Old 06-06-2017, 05:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Yes, in one way or the other, you financed them.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:07 AM

65 posts, read 33,539 times
Quote:
......relatively speaking. Only 7 or 8 killed. (We lost 3,000 in one day here.)

These small attacks won't change a thing. If the Muslims kill 50,000 or more in one attack, then things might change a bit.
Explain that the victims families. It's not that hard to take over a country. Every country have been purged before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies