Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 01:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

So. She's mostly right. A lotta dudes are worthless, and religion is totally worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 02:00 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So. She's mostly right. A lotta dudes are worthless, and religion is totally worthless.
lib "tolerance" in action

Old 06-04-2017, 02:05 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
lib "tolerance" in action
I always found that so ironic. One of the very core ideals of liberalism is basically tolerance and yet so many self proclaimed liberals are NOT tolerant when you disagree with them. LOL, it's almost funny if it weren't so annoying.

While I can see what she's talking about because historically religion has caused much misery and it is mostly men committing atrocities. I also hope that she's just spoutin off because she's upset. Surely she can see that many many men are decent and not going around being bad, for lack of another word.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:09 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I always found that so ironic. One of the very core ideals of liberalism is basically tolerance and yet so many self proclaimed liberals are NOT tolerant when you disagree with them. LOL, it's almost funny if it weren't so annoying.
I've always noticed the same thing it's so hypocritical and all you have do is read a few threads on here. You can spot it everywhere.

They're supposed to be the champions of tolerance, open mindedness, progressiveness, and diversity yet they can't get out of their bubble and only stick with what they're comfortable with.

Look at all of the posts they make about Appalachia for example. What's up with that???

Honestly it's getting to the point where people from Appalachia should be a protected category at the federal level and affirmative action is kicked in. The discrimination is real I have no doubt it's spilling over into corporate America and the hiring process and so on.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 06-04-2017 at 02:27 PM..

Old 06-04-2017, 02:34 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
"More sorrow and grief at the hands of madmen in London. Men and religion are worthless."

That's just pc talk for Islamic terrorists strike again.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:34 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:

While I can see what she's talking about because historically religion has caused much misery and it is mostly men committing atrocities. I also hope that she's just spoutin off because she's upset. Surely she can see that many many men are decent and not going around being bad, for lack of another word.
What she said was today, something that comes from her generation's experience. I can say that because I'm in Bette's age bracket, and YES men back then ( generally) were, I use to term "Useless as a "Tit" on a BuLL" ... because my experience was other than inseminating me to produce 2 boys.. He did nothing other than that! After 9 years of marriage, I separated and divorced the father of my kids.

Following that.. I made it a mission to instil responsibility into my boys ( without belittling their father) and can proudly say, I broke that cycle. Both boys ( Eldest deceased now) stepped up to the plate and engage with their kids and even though separation from their mother.. SUPPORT them both financially & TIME with their kids! I'm proud that at the very least I could accomplish!

Having said all that... Bette's tweet is being exploited to meet the spin of Alt-Right media agenda's. I also agree, that most men NOW will step up and protect .. BUT whenever, young men ( and some women) gets disenfranchised wether thru home experiences, internet radicalization or incarceration radicalizations... given they become engaged with all the HATE being preached to them within ALL those environments! This is why, it's mostly younger generation engaging in such radical behaviours.. NOT the elder's.

Sure wish people could apply their personal experiences and be able to figure it out instead of falling for propaganda and spewing of hate and fear just to gain a vote or donations. Politicians, who promote FEAR and not promote answers/fuel bipartisanship versus division. Homegrown terrorism is the problem... NOT Islam, Ethnicity, Culture, Christianity, Atheism, Buddhism, Judaism, whatever.. It's to promotions of fear and HATE that takes root in those marginalized young people! Infiltration of Jihadists is way far from what's happening in the US and Canada.

Bette Midler merely spoke to her Opinion from her viewpoint and her life experiences. While some love to suggest she's some sort of out of touch Celebrity.. She sure did a lot to support American Troops fighting in war zones.. Course Lib haters conveniently sidestep her decades of performing for American troops throughout her career!!

Pick your battle.. She's has earned at least the right to express her views just like Posters here have their right too!!

Old 06-04-2017, 02:43 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Yea, Bette. It wasn't Islam that murdered and maimed all those children in Manchester, Egypt, and Nice, and those walkers on the London Bridge, and those bar patrons enjoying a Saturday night brew in London, it was men.

Spare me from the Left's lunacy, please........good grief.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:55 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
What she said was today, something that comes from her generation's experience. I can say that because I'm in Bette's age bracket, and YES men back then ( generally) were, I use to term "Useless as a "Tit" on a BuLL" ... because my experience was other than inseminating me to produce 2 boys.. He did nothing other than that! After 9 years of marriage, I separated and divorced the father of my kids.

Following that.. I made it a mission to instil responsibility into my boys ( without belittling their father) and can proudly say, I broke that cycle. Both boys ( Eldest deceased now) stepped up to the plate and engage with their kids and even though separation from their mother.. SUPPORT them both financially & TIME with their kids! I'm proud that at the very least I could accomplish!

Having said all that... Bette's tweet is being exploited to meet the spin of Alt-Right media agenda's. I also agree, that most men NOW will step up and protect .. BUT whenever, young men ( and some women) gets disenfranchised wether thru home experiences, internet radicalization or incarceration radicalizations... given they become engaged with all the HATE being preached to them within ALL those environments! This is why, it's mostly younger generation engaging in such radical behaviours.. NOT the elder's.

Sure wish people could apply their personal experiences and be able to figure it out instead of falling for propaganda and spewing of hate and fear just to gain a vote or donations. Politicians, who promote FEAR and not promote answers/fuel bipartisanship versus division. Homegrown terrorism is the problem... NOT Islam, Ethnicity, Culture, Christianity, Atheism, Buddhism, Judaism, whatever.. It's to promotions of fear and HATE that takes root in those marginalized young people! Infiltration of Jihadists is way far from what's happening in the US and Canada.

Bette Midler merely spoke to her Opinion from her viewpoint and her life experiences. While some love to suggest she's some sort of out of touch Celebrity.. She sure did a lot to support American Troops fighting in war zones.. Course Lib haters conveniently sidestep her decades of performing for American troops throughout her career!!

Pick your battle.. She's has earned at least the right to express her views just like Posters here have their right too!!
Kind of a lot to unpack here. You hit a lot of subjects, LOL.

I think your husband colored your views of men of that era in my opinion. You get bad husbands of any decade. I tend to think that the last couple of generations tended to handle responsibilities better than current generations. Just loosely speaking I don't wanna go on a young man bash. I'm part of the early Gen X crowd myself but I personally think personal responsibility has gone down a little bit.

I think you're being a little bit PC here. Islam is at the vey core of these attackers. I've been studying Islam a bit over the last few years and of the big 3 Islam is the most troubling. If you want to really get a good understanding Islam and Islamism and it's role in Jihad I suggest you youtube a guy named Sam Harris. He's written extensively on Islam and really can thread all this stuff together and he's really up to speed on Islam and how it at its core is incompatible with western cultures. Just look at all the stuff going on in Europe with the large influx of Muslims. The average Muslim I have no beef with, but we need to be a little more informed on its role in these attacks that we're seeing.

Of course Bette Middlers got the right to speak, just like Griffin had the right to post a pic of that hideous stunt she pulled. We all have those basic freedoms.

I find it a little sad that she made that comment about men, again, hopefully she was just upset about the attacks and was running her mouth off. To blanket half the population like that just seems a little ignorant.

Just because Lorena Bobbitt honed her knife skills doesn't make me think all women are bad. You see what I mean here????

Old 06-04-2017, 02:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:

Tolerance has nothing to do with it. That's a non issue.

Again, she's mostly right. THAT'S really all that matters.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:59 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
You're the one that picked him, men are the hunters and women are the gatherers. Unless he was a caveman or something and dragged you into his cave by your hair and forced insemination and marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies