Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 01:47 PM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's already beginning, facebook friends changing their profile pictures with a "We stand with London" banner" do these idiots realize doing this stupid gimmicks does nothing to stop terrorism?! Political correctness is going to destroy Western civilization. Imagine if WW2 were today, people would be more focused on not connecting Nazis with Germans.

London terror: You can't destroy the jihadists with candlelight vigils and benefit concerts | Fox News
It is true that these things don't stop terrorism. They are just an after effect coping mechanism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 01:51 PM

212 posts, read 136,083 times
But such teary-eyed, almost self-flagellating public displays gives libs the warm-fuzzies, and gives them the opportunity to trot out all their favorite buzzwords.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:01 PM

727 posts, read 390,407 times
What we ought to do is find all the terrorists and put them in a jail cell on an island somewhere and torture them until they break. No, we tried that.

Or maybe we should hunt them down and destroy their cells. No, tried that, too. More popped up.

Or maybe we can vilify them so the good ones will tell the bad ones to stop. hmmm... Bad idea. Then all the Muslims will turn on us and we'll really be screwed.

How about trying a peace agreement? No, that's too crazy.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHO is this mythical 'we' you refer to?

From what I see in history, the answer is time.
The collective membership of western civilization over time. The old testament can be interpreted to be as blood thirsty as some of the interpretations of the religious tomes of Islam. And slavery is certainly accepted in the new testament. So the ability of faiths to overcome their own texts is clear.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:41 PM

34,046 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
But such teary-eyed, almost self-flagellating public displays gives libs the warm-fuzzies, and gives them the opportunity to trot out all their favorite buzzwords.
They are all about empty symbolism.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:57 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
"Frogs in the pot".

Go ahead and light your candles....London is falling. Plain and simple.

You can't reason with people who want us dead and who believe that they will receive
72 virgins.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:35 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,478 times
I think the concert in Manchester is the right thing to do. But it is time to toughen up, I feel a line has been crossed in Britain after that savage/moronic knife attack. The terrorist weak spots were obvious in the new police raids , they all live in state owned housing. We take it off them and all the families are returned to their ethnic countries. ( even paying say Bangladesh to take them back) The terrorists are weak , though their numbers are great, because they cznnot even afford to live in Britain, as all live in social housing, all have no jobs or low pay jobs. Losers I think. I don't believe in internment but deport them asap. No Salafist ideology in the UK.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:38 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's already beginning, facebook friends changing their profile pictures with a "We stand with London" banner" do these idiots realize doing this stupid gimmicks does nothing to stop terrorism?! Political correctness is going to destroy Western civilization. Imagine if WW2 were today, people would be more focused on not connecting Nazis with Germans.

London terror: You can't destroy the jihadists with candlelight vigils and benefit concerts | Fox News
How dare you!

With all your bigotry!!!

Why I will defeat you by going and having a candle light vigil with all the people to show how much I care, so people cane see how much I care and praise me for being such a caring person as I admonish you for your uncaring words as I go on about how much I care so everyone can see my caring! /sarc

"Progressive, Dumb arse is thy name"

Old 06-04-2017, 04:15 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Let me guess, we need to ban Islam and deport all Muslims? We call that a crime against humanity. That makes us no better than the radical Islamic terrorists we claim to oppose

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT ISIS WANTS!!!!!!! They want stupid morons to advocate moronic policies so that they have more propaganda to try and get more moderate Muslims to join their cause. UGGGHHHHH

Don't you guys know the basics of COIN and 4th generation warfare?
ISIS wants to take over the world, London elects the first Muslim mayor of a western capital and they already get two terrorist attacks. It's about preserving western civilized society as we know it so our cities arent like those in the middle east with constant bombings as regular lives.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:22 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,478 times
The Mayor did defend, by choice, Al Qaida terror suspects back in 2006. He is not to be trusted. Personally I would love to view his search history on Google
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies