Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 06:00 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The easiest way to verify Trump has followed through on a promise to decent, law-abiding American tax payers is to look at the anti-American demonstrations by flag-burning internationalists that take place in response to their fulfillment.

If the left is having a temper tantrum, Trump has done something wonderful for working Americans.
Therefore you know Trump hasn't helped working Americans. He's the only one having temper tantrums. He throws stuff at the TV, takes out his rage on Twitter, fires his employees who won't profess their blind loyalty, and behaves like a spoiled child overall. The fact that we say we don't care for him and believe he's doing a bad job is not a temper tantrum. And OP or yourself has never explained how Trump is such a great president either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 06:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking I like Trump MORE now than when I voted for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I was worried he was going to cave to the pressure of globalists (not so much the lefty loonies in this country) and big government elite.

But just hearing the meltdown of those whose ideologies I oppose validates he was the right choice.

He jumped right into his campaign promises, and even though there is resistance from his opposition, he keeps charging forward.

Great job, Mr. President!
Drink up!

Old 06-05-2017, 06:26 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
I was worried he was going to cave to the pressure of globalists (not so much the lefty loonies in this country) and big government elite.

But just hearing the meltdown of those whose ideologies I oppose validates he was the right choice.

He jumped right into his campaign promises, and even though there is resistance from his opposition, he keeps charging forward.

Donald Trump is one of those elite globalists, and Donald Trump will only give himself, his family, and his fellow billionaire elites more money and more power.

Donald Trump's tax cuts will raise low income workers after-tax income by 0.8% and raise middle class Americans after-tax income by 1.5%. But the richest 0.1% of Americans will have their after-tax income increase by 14.2% with Trump's tax plan.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetno.../#1ee5a96d65b9

Trump also wants to abolish the Estate Tax (a tax that only effects the richest 0.2% of Americans) and this act for example will give Donald Trump's own family an extra $7 billion dollars.

Trump family would get $7B windfall from estate-tax plan: analyst | TheHill

And Trump's infrastructure plan is nothing but a $1 trillion dollar giveaway for his business networks and fellow billionaire elites. And for every dollar these billionaires invest in Trumps plan regular Americans tax dollars will give these billionaires .82 cents, that means these billionaires only spend .18 cents for every dollar they invest (and then these billionaires keep the entire investment as their own personal property.)

Robert Reich (TRUMP

Last edited by chad3; 06-05-2017 at 07:12 AM..

Old 06-05-2017, 06:30 AM

937 posts, read 699,393 times
Quote:
I don't know which asinine statement (if you can call any of those that) is the worse other than the last. Great job my ass.

"Jumped into his campaign promises"??? The only thing he probably jumped into successfully is a jacuzzi.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:35 AM

937 posts, read 699,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
He's the best President we've seen in more than a half century. And, considering the mindless mob of fools who live only to bring him down, the most courageous in that time as well.
One can see the world opinion believes otherwise along with any rational broad thinking individual.

Of course that excludes all you capitalist, self centered, tight wad, cheapskates with your anti regulation mentality, do what you want, hurt anyone you want, bigoted, dictator supporters.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:36 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,895 times
Several posters have said how much they liked what Trump has done for them so far. They stated he has signed more bills into law than any president so far (not true, by the way).

I looked up the bills Trump has signed since inauguration. None of them are very significant and none required any discussions in Congress. According to politifact, they include:

Three bills that appoint individuals to the Smithsonian Institution board, two that name buildings, and one that designates a location for a National Desert Storm and Desert Shield Memorial.

The most notable bills Trump has signed are a set of 13 that reverse Obama-era regulations on a range of issues including on internet privacy and gun control.

So it seems clear to me that the legislating Trump has done since he got here is something that could have been accomplished by any high school student. None of his campaign promises have been acted upon, although he has done plenty of talking.

I would like Trumps's supporters to state exactly what they feel this man has done for them to date.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:49 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
I too would like to hear what Trump has done.

McConnell greased the skids getting the Heritage Foundation's corporate shill on the Supreme Court. So doesn't really count

Several regulations have been changed. Corporations may now keep their bribes hidden. Financial advisors no longer have a legal requirement to act in their clients' best interests. Not sure either of those is worth bragging about.

So what has he done besides taking that unimpressive world tour?

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...89116613120003

Old 06-05-2017, 06:53 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
I like Trump MORE now than when I voted for him!
Thank for sharing. The more he rants, fumes, whines and tweets, the less I like him. We have never had such a whiner as president before.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:54 AM

833 posts, read 520,605 times
Quote:

He's doing exactly what I hired him to do!

Old 06-05-2017, 06:58 AM

421 posts, read 287,959 times
Quote:

We understand that you are entitled to your own opinion. This is America everyone has that right but at least back up it with truthful verifiable facts ,none of what you have said is true ,nope, none of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies