Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you disapprove of Donald Trump?
Yes 174 64.44%
No 96 35.56%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 01:47 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Never, in my wildest dreams, did I think Trump would be this outrageous. He shocks and astounds on a daily basis with his lies, recklessness, ignorance, immaturity, and just plain crookedness. I knew it would be bad - but nothing like this.

Trump is the star of his very own daily horror show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I knew he'd be a disaster, but he really has been so much worse than I thought he would. He's truly the greatest threat to this country we've probably ever faced, at least since the Civil War. The man has systemically destroyed 100 years of our influence and position in the world in 150 days. He's also the most corrupt and morally repugnant human being I've ever seen.

You're describing the reasons the Deplorables like him so much. Their own miserable lives mean so little to them, that they're eager to destroy the country, so the rest of us will have to suffer, as well.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:04 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Looks like Trump's approval rating is 38% here so far! #YUGE

Old 06-15-2017, 07:08 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Looks like Trump's approval rating is 38% here so far! #YUGE
OBVIOUSLY, a fake poll.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:21 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I completely agree. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect Trump to behave like this. There is a silver lining in this cloud, however. So far, there is no sign that he is competent or has any self control, which means Trump won't be able to change our governmental policy much at all, for better or worse. That gives me a lot of relief. My initial concern, that Trump would attempt to change our democracy into a more dictatorial regime and would have the Republican majority to assist him with this, were unfounded. However, Trump has alienated us from our allies, and that is directly caused by his big mouth.
This is a double-edged sword. Yes, he is unlikely to get much of the GOP agenda passed, but remember he is also in control of the nuclear button and makes decisions that effect the economy, which in turn effects all of us. If he is still in office when the next recession hits or major military conflict, I don't think he has the capability of handling it. Things are going to get very ugly in such a case. Lets hope things stay quiet until 2020 or whenever he resigns or gets impeached.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:38 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Can you show me one (just one) poll that showed Hillary had a 100% chance of winning.

EVERY SINGLE POLL out there was correct, in that they all showed Trump had a chance to win. Not one said he didn't.

Most had Hillary at 80-90% a few weeks out, and if I recall correctly, the numbers narrowed a bit, but still FAVORED her till the end.
Trumpies don't care about facts - but Nate Silver had the percentages within less than 1/2 of 1%.

That, to me, is accurate polling. I am both a history nut and a bit of a math whiz (was a merchant, somewhat of a rocket scientist, love charts, etc.).

If you toss a nickel in the air there is a 1 in 6,000 chance it will land on its edge (not a face!). The odds of the GW Bush Great Recession happening (the failure of the financial instruments) was incredibly low - like one in 250,000 or even worse! Yet it happened

The odds of Pat Buchannan getting 3,000 votes (all intended for Al Gore) in Florida in 2000 was about 1 in 2 BILLION. Anyone with a brain can realize those Jews in Palm Beach cast for Gore, not a guy who denies the Holocaust.

So even on the face of it, our entire election system is/was rigged unless you truly believe that those 3,000 were honest votes (etc.)......

In the case of Hillary all one has to do is look at the charts. Her odds of winning were between 85 and 90% at about a month before the election. After Comey did the unthinkable they went steadily down and ended up at about 60/40.

Anyone who bases their worldview or faith in polls negatively because someone with a 40% chance won....is math challenged and would be difficult to convince of reality anyway.

In any sort of reasonable election - Al Gore AND Hillary would have won election. It was a combination of many fixes (GW's bro and Katherine Harris purged the voter rolls, made sure machines weren't installed in the "wrong" places, etc.)......as I said, just the Pat Buchannan thing alone would have mean a Gore victory.

It's one thing for Trumpies to act like babies and say "we won, get over it" - quite another to look closer at the immorality of our system and how it can be manipulated by traitors within....and Russians outside.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:12 AM

Default Trump approval hits 50% Temporary bounce or turning point?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tes/102916356/

Trump's approval rating has hit 50%, likely due to the Alexandria incident. Do you think this is a temporary bounce or do you think this is a turning point in his Presidency? Regardless, despite everything stacked against him, Trump remains a very popular President. I don't like or support Trump, but it is what it is.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:14 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
It's Rasmussen. Lord knows who they are polling. Every other poll, every single one, has him in the upper 30s and going in the wrong direction or holding. A CNBC poll today has him at 38 approval but, far more significantly, found support among southerners and non-college whites down 10% from April.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's Rasmussen. Lord knows who they are polling. Every other poll, every single one, has him in the upper 30s and going in the wrong direction or holding. A CNBC poll today has him at 38 approval but, far more significantly, found support among southerners and non-college whites down 10% from April.
I know Rasmussen is a conservative-biased poll and it always has been. However, they were the most accurate in predicting the 2016 election so I can't say they should be completely discarded. They had Hillary Clinton up by 2 points in the popular vote and she won by 1 point. I do wonder though why there is such a difference between them and most other polls.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:19 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Rasmussen polling methods result in some unusual results on the presidential approval. Even given that, its probably a temporary bump.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:20 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I know Rasmussen is a conservative-biased poll and it always has been. However, they were the most accurate in predicting the 2016 election so I can't say they should be completely discarded. They had Hillary Clinton up by 2 points in the popular vote and she won by 1 point. I do wonder though why there is such a difference between them and most other polls.
a broke clock is right twice a day, is it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies