Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you disapprove of Donald Trump?
Yes 174 64.44%
No 96 35.56%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 08:19 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
It's called the legislative branch? You know the other of the 2 branches? Should be a constitutional exam requirement to vote.
RedZin was clearly referring to the electoral college and how Trump won.

48 of 50 states have winner take all.

Maine and Nebraska have their 2 and 3, respectively, congressional districts award 1 electoral vote each. With the statewide popular vote getting the 2 electoral votes from the US Senators.

Clearly, gerrymandering had nothing to do with Trump winning the electoral college.

Instead of RedZin mocking Trump voters as "lacking education" he/she should get an education.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:23 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, you people can't win state elections either....now you want to take redistricting away from the states.

Big ****ing surprise!
There is no way to do redistricting that will make everyone happy. Like it is in every state the party in charge of the legislature makes the decisions.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
[/b]
But you don't know that, you absolutely don't know that, you can only speculate. You are totally speaking with your heart in this. At the rate of this weekly drama, Americans of all stripes are going to be sick and tired and burn out of all this mess. He have done nothing to expand his party, he speaks mostly to his base.
People are loving the drama....Trump hasn't lost one voter since the election.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:40 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
[quote=Bureaucat;48943523]Very interesting poll from Gallup that breaks down Trump approval by state.

1. Those (17) states where Trump is at 50% or above in job approval: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia and Wyoming. These are all rockribbed Republican states and Trump carried all of them in 2016.

2. Those (17) states where Trump below 40% in job approval: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and Washington. These are all solid Democratic states carried by Clinton in 2016.

3. Those (14) states where Trump job approval is over 40% but less than 50%: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. These were in general the battlegrounds in 2016, with the exception of a few states that were carried fairly easily by Trunp, but have large minority populations.

Why do the ppl in poor states like West Virginia who depend on Medicaid/ACA handouts lean so heavily in favor of Trump? Even their Senators Manchin and Caputo are voting against ACA repeal because they claim that their constituents would be butt hurt if ACA were to be repealed.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:20 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Having trouble comprehending? Do you know what the three branches are?
This is about Trump. READ the Thread caption. Do not hijack it.

There are threads on House races. That is where Gerry-mandering applies.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:33 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
People are loving the drama....Trump hasn't lost one voter since the election.

I agree he have not lost his base, they are not going anywhere, but independent is a different story.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:21 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
this should be no surprise as the pro Trump states tend to be people of Faith instead of fact. I believe this led them to support Trump instead of listing to Ms. Clinton.

FWIW - I am a "Nam Vet with very little faith in humanity let alone politicians. The first are mostly irrational and the latter are ego driven thieves.
" tend to be people of Faith instead of fact"

What "fact" are youn claiming?

Old 07-26-2017, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
this should be no surprise as the pro Trump states tend to be people of Faith instead of fact. I believe this led them to support Trump instead of listing to Ms. Clinton.

FWIW - I am a "Nam Vet with very little faith in humanity let alone politicians. The first are mostly irrational and the latter are ego driven thieves.
" tend to be people of Faith instead of fact"

What "fact" are you claiming?

"I am a "Nam Vet"

I did 2 TOURS in Nam and am 180 degrees in disagreement with you.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:23 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
[/b]

I agree he have not lost his base, they are not going anywhere, but independent is a different story.
LOL! Trump's "base" includes large numbers of Independents.

However, to be fair, name one national Democrat who has won over Independents.

I thought so.

Trump will win the 2020 election by a landslide.

#MAGA

Old 07-26-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
That's what I always believed as well. Trump could never relate to them on a personal level because he never been there in his life, he would never be able to feel and understand it from their shoes. How could they believe that a billionaire was going to save them and save the world, with absolutely zero experience and knowledge of the game of Washington. Running Washington is a whole different animal than being a CEO of your own private company, it's no place for the novice.
You make a lot of ignorant claims.

Do you personally KNOW Trump?

Do you personally NOW ANYBODY who knows Trump?

Ii doubt it.

Those that DO say say just the OPPOSITE of what ypu claim.

ALL your post is partisan drivel based on NOT ONE SINGLE FACT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies