Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 01:13 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think the article is spot on. I was raised in rural America and currently live in rural America and agree with everything the article states.

In rural America, fundamentalist Christianity influences everything people do or believe and a lot of people don't even realize it. Their skepticism to facts they don't necessarily want to hear goes back to the fact they are required to be skeptical of anything that questions a literal interpretation of the Bible. Their tendency to believe fake news when its something emotional and that they want to hear goes back to what they've heard from the pulpit. Fundamentalist preaching is full of factual errors but heavily appeals to the emotions and inner rage of the congregation. This entire religious ideology also translates to their politics.
I was born, raised and have continued to live in rural America my whole life, 62 years. I have no idea where you are, but "fundamentalist Christianity" has not influenced the lives around me, not in any state where I have lived.

I realize you have issues with religion, and I think that severely taints your thoughts when it comes to Christians and conservatives. I don't understand your distaste for rural America at all. You seem to consider yourself an expert, yet what you are saying says just the opposite. You speak only for yourself.

This is not the religious area of the forum. I realize that you are having issues and going through the "questioning" period of your life, but your hatred of Christianity is clouding your view of conservatives and politics in general.

Your experience in life is your experience.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:22 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I was born, raised and have continued to live in rural America my whole life, 62 years. I have no idea where you are, but "fundamentalist Christianity" has not influenced the lives around me, not in any state where I have lived.

I realize you have issues with religion, and I think that severely taints your thoughts when it comes to Christians and conservatives. I don't understand your distaste for rural America at all. You seem to consider yourself an expert, yet what you are saying says just the opposite. You speak only for yourself.

This is not the religious area of the forum. I realize that you are having issues and going through the "questioning" period of your life, but your hatred of Christianity is clouding your view of conservatives and politics in general.

Your experience in life is your experience.
For real, I'm an Atheist and I don't berate Christians. It's not like we would have what we have today if the people that founded this country were Muslim, Hindu, or had any other religious base. Thank Dog it was Christians.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies