Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 05:06 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,581,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If Russians hacked election, President Ryan?
Yes, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 05:19 AM

37,792 posts, read 40,977,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That question was asked and answered here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...-election.html
If this is so (from your link):

"Petitioners argue that, in accordance with Article IV Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution, it is the job of the federal government to keep U.S. territory safe from foreign invasion."

That would be the Obama Administration.

But frankly, even I can't see anyone impeached over failing to stop a cyber attack anymore than FDR being impeached for failing to stop Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,984,067 times
Watching GMA this morning -- they are really down playing the evidence. Doesn't really change anything -- story is just the young lady who leaked it.

But it was interesting to read how folks interpreted things.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:51 AM

18,450 posts, read 7,077,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm going to have to disagree and say the results must be thrown out and Trump and Pence removed from office.

Either way, it will be a major strain on the country, but I think we would make it, and I think it would be required.
Anyone have a link to what the actual law is in a post Presidential election scenario?

As opposed to opinions, conjecture and wishful thinking?

Old 06-06-2017, 06:01 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,068,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
We were brow beaten several times by the democrats, Obama included that the election COULD NOT BE HACKED.

I also recall several times of republicans worried about rigged voting machines but were called "insane" by the smug liberals.

And by the way, if it did happen, how did Trump lose the popular vote?
It's called plausible deniability. Anything with a chip can be hacked. Hack is a broad and lose term mostly associated with forced access over the internet. In fact a hack of voting machines can start at the place of manufacturing where the company making them can be compromised and malicious code inserted into the circuitry then to go online at election time.

Also if anyone from the gov't informed the public that voting machines can be compromised with certainty who would vote and for the folks that would vote how would they?

One big cluster F#$%!

Old 06-06-2017, 06:03 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,721,815 times
Quote:
From my understanding, if the Russians did hack the election, making it invalid, wouldn't the Speaker Of The House assume the presidency until a new election could be scheduled?

How would a new election take place?

Would there even be one before 2020?

If so, would it be to serve out remainder or for four full years?
The election is NOT invalid regardless of any alleged hacking. No votes were changed.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:04 AM

23,521 posts, read 17,199,245 times
Quote:
From my understanding, if the Russians did hack the election, making it invalid, wouldn't the Speaker Of The House assume the presidency until a new election could be scheduled?

How would a new election take place?

Would there even be one before 2020?

If so, would it be to serve out remainder or for four full years?
Obama said in October it was impossible for Russia or anyone to 'hack' the election.

Hack means electronic intervention of voting machines.

If Putin paid people to go on websites to issue negative posts, he wasted his money as there are far more US posters that saw HRC as a bad choice and Trump as our salvation. Any paid russian posters weren't even a drop in the bucket and it is doubtful any poster on CD ever changed their mind because of a spurious email embarassing to Hillary. HRC demonstrated she was not qualified to be president long before her emails were revealed.

HRC even said the emails were an nothing burger.

Trump will not be impeached or quit, pick some other fantasy.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:09 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,068,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The election is NOT invalid regardless of any alleged hacking. No votes were changed.
How do you know that? B/c they said so or are you going off leaked info.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:10 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,592,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
How do you know that? B/c they said so or are you going off leaked info.
Because the leaked NSA report says so.

Did you bother to read it.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:11 AM

727 posts, read 390,049 times
It's an interesting question and I did some looking around to see if I could find a consensus on an answer. There is so much stuff on the Internet about Russia and Trump the search engines kept returning articles about that rather than articles that might provide an answer to the question.

I did find a few articles that addressed what would happen if it was proven Russia hacked into election machines and changed the outcome. But I do not know the credibility of those websites or the authors.

One guy seemed pretty sure of himself and his answer was written intelligently and reasonably. That's a good sign but does not guarantee his answer is correct. Anyway, he said if it was proven that Russia hacked into election machines and changed the outcome and Hillary would have been the winner had that not happened....

...nothing would happen. The individual states certified the election results. In so doing, they approved a set of electors from those states. Those electors voted for Trump.

He goes onto say there isn't any Constitutional law that addresses this. Guess our crystal ball missed that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies