Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 11:34 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Come on, we need to get real. Trump can't change anything that much....no one President can. Yet I see so many conservatives absolutely sure that things are really going to change now. And pinning all their hopes on him. Ridiculous.
He won't drain the swamp..........have you SEEN the swamp?? 95% of the DC area votes Democrat. Over 90% of federal employees always vote Democrat (or Green). Some federal agencies are up around 96-97%. THAT ain't going to change. To say nothing of the Deep State (something that some leftists actually cared about 40-50 years ago.....)
And "the rule of law" is dead; the left put an end to that and our courts are now purely political agents of the left. Plus, the left was smart and did this war the clever way: 100 years ago they set their sights on the culture, and have been incrementally infiltrating it and taking it over since then. Now?? All of our institutions are leftist--the media, the churches, education, nonprofits, keep going right down the line. (The military too.....they were the last to fall). Even big business is in bed with the State now (ExxonMobil pleading for us to remain in the Paris climate accord..........just one example). The rot is so deep in our society now......and all of the "isms" have taken over. Islamism slowly joins the victory parade....little by little carving out more power (there were NO regular Islamist terror threats or attacks in this country 50 or 75 years ago......duh). We didn't just lose this war...we lost it BADLY. I like Reagan as much as the next guy (his picture's on my living room wall). But asking him to have really changed things was just nuts. One doctor can't save a patient who has ten fatal illnesses and has also just been in a plane crash. Ain't gonna happen. (Reagan may have "killed the Soviet Union", but even as he did so, the communists who had first started to infiltrate US way back in the 1920s were wrapping up their successful takeover of our own State). The rot is in the society......deep in it. It shows up in a million ways. All the political stuff is just a symptom....yet a symptom that circles back and makes the rot even worse. And now it's waaaaay too far gone.

The left talks about the Resistance.....lol.. Too funny. The real "resistance" is the 20-30% of us who haven't bought into the Lie and are stilll holdouts. Our country as we knew it is dead, our side has lost, and now we are the Ghosts in the Machine. I know that's what I will be. And what I will teach my kids to be.
i call BS.

you claim the courts are controlled by the left, yet the right just stole a SCOTUS seat to MAINTAIN the lasting control the right has had for decades.

You claim the courts are controlled by the left, yet the RIGHT used the courts to block Obamacare. Red states rolled back Obama by using the COURTS

so explain to me how the "LEFT" controls them and owns them when the RIGHT used them to great effect during Obama's 8 years and the RIGHT control the highest court and has done so for entire lives of most people alive today.

IN SHORT. your premise fails at the first hurdle. YOU have merely swallowed Trump's bs and lies. You are WRONG. Very very wrong. The courts are doing exactly why they are supposed to do , the real problem is you don't want to follow the law like a good American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 11:45 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Completely false. This is a 100-year, incremental takeover of the country (and western civilization in general).
And it's now over. This ain't no "cycle".
I sure hope you are right. As MLK said "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice."

Old 06-06-2017, 11:45 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Dems feel like they have lost and they have taken to the streets on paths of destruction and severe civil disobedience.

Going underground might not be an option because they will dig us up. If you live in Maine OP you cold probably hold out for a long time but what about the people who live in the cities and states that are more than eager to embrace those who will destroy us?

Poppycock absolute poppycock.

protests are almost all peaceful. You grossly exaggerating the very limited (and often provoked) violence. How many deaths are recorded? What is the monetary damage? hundreds of millions? Has marshal law been declared? Have cities and towns been razed ?

nope, you rightwinger are simply exaggerating, making up bs and turning every common assault charge into a full blown "fake" riot.

in short many on the right HATE the left and are willing to lie about virtually anything to encourage other to hate and fear.

shameless , completely shameless lying from the right as part of a long term smear campaign.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:46 AM

18,493 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Whatever.
Come find us....lol
Rural Maine doesn't quite have the problem with fundamentalist Christianity that the rural South and Midwest have. I've actually considered moving to rural New England to avoid both the Rat Race and Religion. But I figure I'm close enough here in rural upstate NY.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:48 AM

716 posts, read 393,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
President Trump is just delaying the collapse and decent into anarchy. I agree we lost the country in the long run. The liberals will win in time. Look at Venezuela now too see what the future holds when the next liberal is elected with a majority in congress.

President Trump is like the boy with his finger in the dam trying to keep the flood at bay.
I agree about the long term interests of liberals, it's the way of the world. The more the worlds population becomes educated (especially women) the more we'll progress as a species.

But anyone who's decent and honest with themselves knows that while Trump may be many things, decent isn't one of them, it's quite the opposite. Do conservative hold their hands over their ears when they hear the tape of Trump bragging about grabbing a woman's _____?!?

What decent person would leave their beautiful daughter alone with a scum of a human being like that, let alone look up to him?!? What is wrong with you people?!?

Old 06-06-2017, 11:49 AM

18,493 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I agree with this and I have always been very pessimistic about trumps chances to change washington, the rot is so deep its going to take a revolution to really change things. Alot of trumps appointments have been far from really right wing. Bannon and Miller are really intent on change but people like priebus, pence, nikki haley and way too many interventionist generals are pretty much everything thats wrong with the system

I just take heart that there are tons of people in the majority of our nations counties who voted for change. we just need a real right wing party, the republicans are as a big part of the problem as the democrats are.
What would be a real right wing party, in your mind?

Old 06-06-2017, 11:53 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Conservatism is hardly over.

I think it is clear that conservatives lost the culture war, but as today's young people are finding out, culture is a lot less important than money.

America is a very, very conservative country. I consider myself a liberal democrat, and I know just how conservative I actually am when compared to "liberals" everywhere else on the planet.

And as a liberal democrat, I'm not exactly happy or thrilled to see the GOP devour itself. We only have two parties in our godforsaken nightmare of a government. There's nothing inherently wrong or "evil" about being conservative. I do not wish Republicans ill or dead.

What I do want to see is the GOP return to sanity. Fifteen years ago I would vote Republican. The party has been held hostage by increasingly insane minority interests that have moved the game so far to an extreme they might as well be in another stadium.

Exhibit A: John Boehner. Cannibalized by his own party for the sin of compromise.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:55 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
i call BS.

you claim the courts are controlled by the left, yet the right just stole a SCOTUS seat to MAINTAIN the lasting control the right has had for decades.

You claim the courts are controlled by the left, yet the RIGHT used the courts to block Obamacare. Red states rolled back Obama by using the COURTS

so explain to me how the "LEFT" controls them and owns them when the RIGHT used them to great effect during Obama's 8 years and the RIGHT control the highest court and has done so for entire lives of most people alive today.

IN SHORT. your premise fails at the first hurdle. YOU have merely swallowed Trump's bs and lies. You are WRONG. Very very wrong. The courts are doing exactly why they are supposed to do , the real problem is you don't want to follow the law like a good American.
I don't really care what you say. The fact is that every single liberal judge nominated by a Democrat "toes the line" faithfully, and they ALL vote for hardcore, progressive change.
Whereas Republican-nominated judges have about a 50% "success rate" (i.e., they pan out well).
Scalia prattled on about his all the time; the courts don't even try to base their decisions on the old principles anymore; much of it is just made up and hews to pure political strategies. He was right, but his dissents accomplished nothing. Kennedy kept right on being generally useless. And even Roberts (the vaunted "savior" of the conservative voice on the Supreme Court) ended up writing the tortured opinion in the Obamacare case....FOR Obama's side. Roberts, I said! Not Kagan or Breyer. Roberts.
That's just one example of many.
Justice is a joke in this country.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Rural Maine doesn't quite have the problem with fundamentalist Christianity that the rural South and Midwest have. I've actually considered moving to rural New England to avoid both the Rat Race and Religion. But I figure I'm close enough here in rural upstate NY.
Oh, your side won't be travelling to rural areas to "get away from it all".............they will be doing it to root out the last 30%. With malice in mind.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
I agree about the long term interests of liberals, it's the way of the world. The more the worlds population becomes educated (especially women) the more we'll progress as a species.

But anyone who's decent and honest with themselves knows that while Trump may be many things, decent isn't one of them, it's quite the opposite. Do conservative hold their hands over their ears when they hear the tape of Trump bragging about grabbing a woman's _____?!?

What decent person would leave their beautiful daughter alone with a scum of a human being like that, let alone look up to him?!? What is wrong with you people?!?
The more the world "becomes educated"???? lol
75% of black California boys don't meet state reading standards
75% of black boy students..........75%!
That is just the way the left and the education system wants things, by the way. Easier to control an uneducated population. MUCH easier. This is all intentional..........

Which way do blacks vote again.....????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies