Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 09:14 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times

Advertisements

This presidency is turning into a big dissapointment.
As an evangelical christian, I find it hard to accept how hard it is for Trump to tell the truth, pay his employees/clients/etc, or behave in a Godly manner. It's not that hard.

I really hope Trump can find salvation because he's doomed to hell if he doesn't.

Last edited by tonym9428; 06-06-2017 at 10:10 PM..

Old 06-06-2017, 09:20 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You lost, get over it.
I believe you are talking about November 8, 2016, yes? Uh, duh. LOL Move on and get with the program. This POS is a lot of trouble. This has NOTHING to do with Ms. Clinton.

I cannot blame any law firm. Their reputation is on the line.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:27 PM

727 posts, read 390,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Last time I rely on the website program to find duplicates

Old 06-06-2017, 09:32 PM

727 posts, read 390,461 times
If anyone needs the best legal representation, it's Trump. That four top law firms all declined to represent him is bad, so bad, really really bad.

This is unprecedented. But that happens a lot with this excuse for a human being.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:38 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Not really.

Nearly all law firms are partnerships and as such routinely sit down to discuss (and approve) new clients. It is not at all unheard of for a firm to turn down a client no matter how prestigious they may seem on paper.

Clients who are too litigious, don't pay on time, second guess/arm chair quarterback legal advice, fail to follow legal advice, sits down and disputes every single second of billable hours, and so forth can and are often turned down by law firms.

Partnerships also think about their own reputations and how it will affect future business including attracting new and retaining clients.

When a "difficult" client needs legal representation they "Better Call Saul", as in look for an independent/solo practitioner. Someone who heads his or her own law firm has a lot more leeway in who they take on as clients.
Yep. And the billable hours due to having Trump as a client pale in comparison to defending corporate clients in complex litigation/restrucuturing, or representing private equity firms on large transactions. The only reason for a law firm to take on Trump as a client would be for p.r. purposes, or the chance for litigators to argue before the Supreme Court (which is like a musician getting to play Carnegie Hall).

I can see why top firms would turn him down. He has a track record of not taking advice, and getting frustrated with his team. What law firm wants to be on the receiving end of negative tweets from POTUS when he gets frustrated? Or be subject to anonymous source articles? It's too much risk without much reward.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:40 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
When sharks refuse to eat, you know something is (ahem) curious.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:44 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
I am not surprised. Too crooked.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
For a variety of reasons.

My favorite quote was because "he won't pay and he won't listen."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-top-...122423972.html
Nobody wants to work for him. Lol--Kellyanne's husband won't work for him. Nobody wants the FBI Director job. Nobody with a good reputation is going to work for him. Nobody with other opportunities will work for him. Nobody who cannot afford legal representation to defend against ethics charges will work for him. Nobody who has ethics will work for him.

Of course attorneys don't want to work for him. Attorneys are sticklers about being paid. They don't want to get sued for malpractice after he turns on them. They know he lies and they don't want to deal with ethics charges and being disbarred. Probably think he's going down and they don't want to go with him.
I guess Ivanka or Jared can be AG and FBI Director. They're about as qualified to do that as anything else they're doing in the west wing.

Would you work for him? A boss who will stab you in the back, throw you under the boss, who shows no loyalty or support, who publicly contradicts them, who makes them lie, who makes them look foolish. So many reasons, so little time.

He may end up with Giuliani and Christie because neither one of them has much left to lose and they both appear to be willing to sacrifice any semblance of a reputation that they had.

Can't wait until this presidential farce is over.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
For a variety of reasons.

My favorite quote was because "he won't pay and he won't listen."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-top-...122423972.html
Nobody wants to work for him. Lol--Kellyanne's husband won't work for him. Nobody wants the FBI Director job. Nobody with a good reputation is going to work for him. Nobody with other opportunities will work for him. Nobody who cannot afford legal representation to defend against ethics charges will work for him. Nobody who has ethics will work for him.

Of course attorneys don't want to work for him. Attorneys are sticklers about being paid. They don't want to get sued for malpractice after he turns on them. They know he lies and they don't want to deal with ethics charges and being disbarred. Probably think he's going down and they don't want to go with him.

I guess Ivanka or Jared can be AG and FBI Director. They're about as qualified to do that as anything else they're doing in the west wing.

Would you work for him? A boss who will stab you in the back, throw you under the boss, who shows no loyalty or support, who publicly contradicts you, who makes you lie, who makes them look foolish. So many reasons, so little time.

He may end up with Giuliani and Christie because neither one of them has much left to lose and they both appear to be willing to sacrifice any semblance of a reputation that they have had.

Can't wait until this presidential farce is over. And it is costing taxpayers a fortune to guard his entire family while they maintain their jet set lifestyle. He's going to bankrupt the country the same way he bankrupted himself four times over.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:51 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
If anyone needs the best legal representation, it's Trump. That four top law firms all declined to represent him is bad, so bad, really really bad.

This is unprecedented. But that happens a lot with this excuse for a human being.

You got it! Trump is a Narcissist Sociopathic Sub-Human. He doesn't have one single decent quality!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies