Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:02 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
The OP would lead us all to believe that our country was hunky dory during the eight yeas of the Messiah administration. And now hell is before us because we elected Trump. Leave already, our country will do fine with less extremists. I hear ISIS is recruiting so perhaps you should look there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
This "smart" one is saying all liberals are apart is ISIS. Try again fascist!
No child left behind forgot another one, lol. I never said "all" I referred to extremists. Comprehension is key. There are free English courses online...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 06:04 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
No child left behind forgot another one, lol. I never said "all" I referred to extremists. Comprehension is key. There are free English courses online...
No child left behind was not an Obama era creation.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:05 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No child left behind was not an Obama era creation.
Let's teach every child to a test! Another GOP bright-spark.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think it could easily happen via a coup in Washington and I think it might be something we might face whenever Trump leaves office, be it by impeachment, resignation, or him serving out his Presidency until 2020 or 2024.

When it happens, I am worried about severe oppression for anyone who doesn't conform or is perceived as an enemy of the state. This will include atheists, scientists, liberal historians, the LGBT community, Muslims, etc. Society will likely be a cross between "A Handmaids Tale" and "V for Vendetta." I can easily see the Southern Baptist Convention being absorbed by the new government and becoming the state church. Media and the Internet will be heavily controlled and censored by the state.

Why could this happen? A large percentage of Americans have lost faith in our system of government and believe the only option is to burn the entire thing down and start over. They realize there is no rolling back Roe v Wade, marriage equality, or forcing cultural Christianity and traditional values on everyone within the confines of our current system of government. They will need a new, right-wing authoritarian government to accomplish their goals. Whether Trump serves out his Presidency or not, it's very likely that a Democrat will be elected in 2020 or 2024 and when that happens, I don't think the far right will be able to accept it. We are already seeing more and more calls for revolution from the far right. We are headed to a very dire place in this country.

I am beginning to wonder if progressives need to start thinking about getting or renewing their passports so we can escape once the coup happens.

Maybe the Baptists were right when they were preaching that gay marriage would be the end of our country. It's simply happening in a different way than they expected.
Actually, I think your assessment above is spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhebmG148Zo&t=352s

Old 06-06-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Calling someone stupid while walking into a wall. Smart!

Old 06-06-2017, 06:19 PM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Great thread Alex Jones! LMAO....friggin morons.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:25 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Huh? You think a dictatorship will happen after Trump leaves office?

Interesting, but I'd think you have it backwards. Trump is the one who expected his presidency to function like a dictatorship, and how expresses admiration for authoritarian heads of state.

If you're saying that a "large percentage" of Americans will work toward a coup, I tend to think you're wrong. A big chunk of Trump supporters were momentarily roused, but I don't think that's going to develop. In fact, some of those Trump voters had even voted for Obama.

Sounds like a great dystopian novel, though.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:32 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
The right clearly wants an authoritarian dictatorship.

Fortunately, they're awful at actually getting much accomplished and have picked the most inept blowhard they could find to lead them.

This is nothing more than the death rattle of a bunch of angry morons who find themselves unable to keep up in the modern world.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
The right clearly wants an authoritarian dictatorship.

Fortunately, they're awful at actually getting much accomplished and have picked the most inept blowhard they could find to lead them.

This is nothing more than the death rattle of a bunch of angry morons who find themselves unable to keep up in the modern world.
Thank goodness they accomplished nothing in their legislative agenda so far. Hard working for sure!

Old 06-06-2017, 06:36 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Liberals seem to be projecting again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies