Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 07:37 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
What, exactly, is the point of the OP's post?

This was a symbolic gesture, nothing more. It's existence doesn't mean that mainstream Muslims don't reject terrorism. Nor does it mean "the left" - whoever the hell that is these days in the land of the far-right - somehow "only supports Muslims" or some lunacy.

Oh, and the reason progressive show more support for mainstream Muslims after terrible attacks is because we know damn well right-wing lunatics will immediately paint all Muslims with a bloody brush and make calls to kick them all out of the nation and then kill them back in their home country. So, if you want to see fewer "liberals" supporting mainstream Muslims, maybe you should first take up your grievances with right-wing bigots who are just itching to kill them - you know, just like how the "Muslim" terrorists want to kill people. There's no difference in their desires.
The real problem isn't the killers, it's the people who I disagree with politically. Terrorist attacks by actual killers are a great opportunity for me to portray my ideological opponents as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 07:38 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Darn, did I miss the white male public events after white males gunned down 20 second-graders, black church members, etc?

Oh wait, did you not call for those events...??
Well did YOU call for a parade to honor and fawn over all the white men who did NOT go on a shooting spree, or who do NOT harm anyone?
Or did YOU publicly lavish with praise those same law abiding white men? Yet you fall all over yourself to praise and fawn over a Muslim who hasn't harmed anyone-yet

Where is my hero worship for NOT robbing a bank today?

Old 06-06-2017, 08:34 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Once again, I know most Muslims are decent people, but I just don't understand the left's view on over-acceptance of Islam after a terrorist attack in the name of Islam. It's just an odd thing to do. If anything, Muslims should be holding public events demanding peace within their communities, demanding that we (Muslims) need to step up and sniff out any radicals destroying our name... Instead you have the bleeding hearts cheering on Muslims as they march down the attack site, WTF The left is just saying, YES THE MORE TERRORIST ATTACKS THE MORE WE LOVE YOUR RELIGION!!!

London lives on - CNN.com
(scroll toward the end of the video)
Uh ... it's England, ok?

If they want to hug one another, let it be.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:39 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Actually, that isn't what they are saying.

What they are saying is that any peaceable person, regardless of religion, is welcome here.

The behavior being rewarded here is peaceableness.

I'm so sorry you're deaf to this message. I imagine many radical islamists are as pissed off as you are, if that's any consolation.
No, the radicals love it. Have you ever heard of Taquiya? How about Jizya? I'll bet they think we are probably ready to accept the superiority of Islam and pay the Jizya.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:47 PM

3,640 posts, read 41,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The only way that things will change is for muslims to be accepted and assimilated into the larger society and for the muslim society to begin confronting and shunning the terrorists.

This is beginning to happen.

"...Their move came as senior Muslims and community leaders said they would redouble efforts to root out extremism in their communities after the attack in London on Saturday...."

...A group of 130 imams and religious leaders have refused to perform the traditional Islamic funeral prayer for the London Bridge attackers....

"...Police were tipped off by members of the Muslim community that Salman Abedi was a dangerous extremist...."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...idge-attackers

London attack: 130 imams condemn attackers and refuse to perform funeral prayer for them | The Independent

'He supports terrorism': Salman Abedi's Muslim peers warned cops about Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi 5 years ago - Mirror Online
Majority British Muslims are quite loyal to Britain. They are part of the larger British society. British public understands them and they understand British values. They are members of parliament, local councils, magistrates, police, working as doctors in hospitals, running the transport, teachers in schools, and of course ordinary workers and voluntary public servants. They are not in the news very often as evil action is often publicized more than good action.

A vast majority of British people are understanding people and they know that the peaceful Muslims are playing their peaceful role in the British society. They already know that people like Salman Abedi (Manchester bomber) and Khuram Butt (London Bridge attacker) had been reported to the authorities by the Muslim community. Even the third London Bridge attacker was on the European watch list but not watched by the police here in Britain for some reason.

I keep hearing in the news that Khuram Butt was born in Pakistan but I have yet to hear that all his education was in Britain after coming here as just 2 or 3 year old. The same applies to Salman Abedi; he was not only educated in Britain but was even born in Britain. Both had been reported to the authorities by the Muslim community for their extremist views.

The problem facing the Muslim community in the West is twofold; if they report extremist behavior, they are not taken seriously but if they fail to report, because they did not know, they are responsible for it.

All criminals live in communities and have neighbors. How many of the neighbors know the forthcoming activities of their neighbors?

Peaceful British Muslims are on the side of Britain rather than on the side of terrorists. Terrorists do not get on with even peaceful Muslims. Neither Salman Abedi nor Khuram Butt got on well with their local mosque imams. One was even thrown out of the mosque for his extremist views. Now Imams are refusing to lead the murderers funeral prayers.

I still remember my uncle's advice more than 50 years ago:

"These people (British) are good people. Stay on the right line here and they will like you. Break the law and you will be in trouble here."

Despite the recent events, terrorists cannot win in Britain as all law-abiding citizens are coming together to root out extremist behavior of any fringe group in Britain. We are also shutting the door of free movement from Europe of any middle eastern terrorists hoping to get into Britain through being EU national. Brexit is not going to be easy for UK but we will pull through as a great and resilient country.

Last edited by Khalif; 06-06-2017 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: additional word

Old 06-06-2017, 09:53 PM

3,640 posts, read 41,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
No, the radicals love it. Have you ever heard of Taquiya? How about Jizya? I'll bet they think we are probably ready to accept the superiority of Islam and pay the Jizya.
Three of them have just been paid the jizya. The rest of them may join the queue if they want the same jizya from Britain.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:52 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Once again, I know most Muslims are decent people, but I just don't understand the left's view on over-acceptance of Islam after a terrorist attack in the name of Islam. It's just an odd thing to do. If anything, Muslims should be holding public events demanding peace within their communities, demanding that we (Muslims) need to step up and sniff out any radicals destroying our name... Instead you have the bleeding hearts cheering on Muslims as they march down the attack site, WTF The left is just saying, YES THE MORE TERRORIST ATTACKS THE MORE WE LOVE YOUR RELIGION!!!

London lives on - CNN.com
(scroll toward the end of the video)
No matter how much concessions you make to the Muslims, you consider them unbelievers
They are cheating in your countries, and they read in their book ye are (kafer )
For this reason, the problem is not in man, but the problem is in thought and ideology

Old 06-06-2017, 10:53 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Actually, that isn't what they are saying.

What they are saying is that any peaceable person, regardless of religion, is welcome here.

The behavior being rewarded here is peaceableness.

I'm so sorry you're deaf to this message. I imagine many radical islamists are as pissed off as you are, if that's any consolation.
Great post

Old 06-06-2017, 10:53 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Three of them have just been paid the jizya. The rest of them may join the queue if they want the same jizya from Britain.
Good for you guys.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:10 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Cool - so, are you ready to take action against all the murders that happen daily in the US and are caused by people who are not Muslim? Oh, and we're including whites, Christians, and so forth in that list of murderers, just to be clear. Because you are far, FAR more likely to be harmed or killed by a "real 'merican!" vs. a Muslim terrorist. Of course, few people around here care about the facts, and when a white, right-wing lunatic goes on a killing spree, it's never called a terrorist attack. Funny how that works - it's almost as if there's an agenda afoot to control easily manipulated people by giving them a foe to hate who's different than them. Fancy that... what a shock!

The hypocrisy from the far-right is laughable. You have a higher chance of winning the lottery than being harmed in a terrorist attack, but they want to basically ban or kill all Muslims. Meanwhile, they want to make healthcare unaffordable, even though health problems are what the vast majority of people die from in reality.

As for butt-kissing the enemy, when Trump-suckers stop supporting that slimebag no matter his actions, they can then - maybe - regain the right to question other people's blind devotion to terrible individuals and ideas.
A distinction must be made between crime and terrorism
Crime is one of the actions that any society in the world has not abandoned
Crime is a personal motivation
The causes of the crime are many and since the man appeared on the ground, the crime was present
This is agreed upon
But terrorism is different
Because terrorism stems from an ideology that regulates the actions of followers of that ideology
It is supported by sacred texts and is the Word of God
This is the most dangerous type of terrorism in the world
Because terrorism is intended to impose its control by all means on the world
This is what happens in the countries of the free world
There is a conflict between the ideology of underdevelopment coming from the Arab desert
And the ideology of civilization centered in Athens and Rome
That is why the conflict is long and Satan has moved into your territory
On the left and right of your country to agree on the basis of the fight against the scourge that has sprouted in your countries
The best means is to spread free thought and not to recognize the sanctity of religions
Those who refuse this must leave your country
If you give sanctity to a murderer, you share it with the crime
If the prophet is a murderer, you must tell him that your prophet is a murderer
Those who reject dialogue so clearly must leave the country of freedom and return to the country of the Black Stone
Those countries that only know the culture of the culture of women's collection
And the culture of fun marriage
And the jurisprudence of toilets
A country where there is not a single museum
And the country believes in beating the woman
When they migrate to you, they transmit these diseases to your community
You have to wake up
Otherwise, your civilization is at risk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies