Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 04:20 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's not about going and attacking Muslims, as I said, most are decent people, but it is odd to HONOR Muslims after such events, jsut as it would have been odd to honor White Rednecks after the mass shooting in South Carolina in the Black church.
No, it would not be odd if the rednecks were there to pay their respects to the victims.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-06-2017 at 04:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 04:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,265,871 times
A number of you seem to be missing the fact that the lead terrorist was in fact turned in by two neighbors one of whom at least appears to be Muslim and the authorities admit to the fact he was investigated. He also appeared in a Jihadist TV piece.

The Italians also warned the Brits about the third guy.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Those on the far left trip over themselves to elevate and celebrate and laud normalcy or those who are doing what everyone else does, but only when it involves minorities. (and this isn't a diss to minorities but the white SJW idiots of the world)

The White House had an event where everyone in the audience rose to their feet giving a standing ovation to the Children of the Gospel Choir in the middle of a Sara Bareilles song.

Fathers who stay in the lives of their children and help raise them are *heroes*.

Muslims who join in a march after yet another murder occurs should be sainted.

Nothing outstanding about any of this. In fact, this is nothing more than normal life for the vast majority of people.

If I was in a group where this was happening, I'd be offended. It's what George W. Bush (and I'm no fan) refers to as "the soft bigotry of low expectations".

Old 06-06-2017, 05:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,191,161 times
The only way that things will change is for muslims to be accepted and assimilated into the larger society and for the muslim society to begin confronting and shunning the terrorists.

This is beginning to happen.

"...Their move came as senior Muslims and community leaders said they would redouble efforts to root out extremism in their communities after the attack in London on Saturday...."

...A group of 130 imams and religious leaders have refused to perform the traditional Islamic funeral prayer for the London Bridge attackers....

"...Police were tipped off by members of the Muslim community that Salman Abedi was a dangerous extremist...."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...idge-attackers

London attack: 130 imams condemn attackers and refuse to perform funeral prayer for them | The Independent

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...error-10492183

Old 06-06-2017, 05:17 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,262,843 times
Quote:
Once again, I know most Muslims are decent people, but I just don't understand the left's view on over-acceptance of Islam after a terrorist attack in the name of Islam. It's just an odd thing to do. If anything, Muslims should be holding public events demanding peace within their communities, demanding that we (Muslims) need to step up and sniff out any radicals destroying our name... Instead you have the bleeding hearts cheering on Muslims as they march down the attack site, WTF The left is just saying, YES THE MORE TERRORIST ATTACKS THE MORE WE LOVE YOUR RELIGION!!!

London lives on - CNN.com
(scroll toward the end of the video)
Darn, did I miss the white male public events after white males gunned down 20 second-graders, black church members, etc?

Oh wait, did you not call for those events...??

Old 06-06-2017, 05:21 PM

15,483 posts, read 10,419,037 times
"London cheers for Muslims as they walk down the London Bridge"

I didn't see this in their local press, so perhaps CNN embellished the story a tad.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:22 PM

30,011 posts, read 18,849,267 times
Quote:
Once again, I know most Muslims are decent people, but I just don't understand the left's view on over-acceptance of Islam after a terrorist attack in the name of Islam. It's just an odd thing to do. If anything, Muslims should be holding public events demanding peace within their communities, demanding that we (Muslims) need to step up and sniff out any radicals destroying our name... Instead you have the bleeding hearts cheering on Muslims as they march down the attack site, WTF The left is just saying, YES THE MORE TERRORIST ATTACKS THE MORE WE LOVE YOUR RELIGION!!!

London lives on - CNN.com
(scroll toward the end of the video)
I have noticed this among liberals which is just another form of:

Liberalism is a mental disorder

Old 06-06-2017, 05:27 PM

56,986 posts, read 25,952,358 times
Quote:
So without any attacks there wouldnt be any rallies to honor Muslims

With attacks there are rallies to honor Muslim

Makes perfect sense! The radicals live in the Muslim neighborhoods in the West, it's nearly impossible nobody knows of suspicious behavior in their own neighborhood. There is a level of protection with them, that is common sense.
Have you ever been suspicious of a neighbor, did you call the police?

How many times have we heard of people that went on a murder spree in the US and the neighbors had no idea.

There is strength in unity, start taking out the aggression on innocent Muslims and see what happens.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:38 PM

6,599 posts, read 4,978,564 times
I thought this was common knowledge, but it seems this eludes some people. This isnt about liberals and conservatives, its about what can actually stop terrorism and what is either putting your head in the sand or kicking the can down the line. Extremist Islam exists as a tool to keep the arab population in check under control by the royal saudis or pick your ruler,they use religion to keep their population subservient, they export their extremist population to keep the us versus them narrative. The west feeds into it by selling weapons and training the oppressive governments, doubling down on the anti islam rethoric, it makes money for everyone at the table. You dont stop terror by being terrorist, we cant drone our way out of this, we can ban religions or thoughts or ideas. I would also say this we are not going to stop terrorism by grabbing our ankles either but any kind of tough measures need to come with a geopolitical gameplan, withdrawing support for Saudi Arabia, disengaging in the ME, trying to end the occupation of Palestine, etc.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:41 PM

7,801 posts, read 10,078,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You probably don't want to alienate the Muslims, after all, they are there to stay and they are going nowhere

If they feel welcome there, they will view themselves as part of the community and maybe next time, they will report something.
Well said, this is exactly what I am saying!

Hearts and minds is the only viable approach to solving the Islamic fundamentalist threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies