Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 10:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think you need to quit repeating the same thing over and over again without understanding or addressing the point posters are making.

If you don't want to answer the question, then fine.

My question is

Do you think you should kill them first before they kill you? NOT "Do you think we are better than them"
I've answered that many times. No I do not.

We are slaughtering people by the thousands to protect the financial interests of Wall Street. Fee things are less dispicable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 10:09 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It really doesn't matter what you say you supported. Trump said it and he was elected. On top of that, we are doing it. Do I see you calling for it to stop or will you make excuse like others?

More than 200 civilians killed in suspected U.S. airstrike in Iraq - LA Times
Sure, I am happy to call for the discontinuance of general strikes that cause disproportionate collateral loss of life. Killing tens, hundreds, or thousands of civilians in order to kill one or a handful of enemy individuals on its own should not be an acceptable practice.

Quote:
In WWII hundreds of people jumped to their deaths rather than get captured by U.S. soldiers because they were told we did so many of those things. How we would rape and torture them if captured. Rather than see that happen they tossed themselves and their children off cliffs.

Propaganda is a strong tool.

(Don't click link if at work or you are squeamish)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...dBurma1945.jpg
WWII was an atrocity all around. I'm unsure what relevance the injection of WWII lends to this particular discussion, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
All these scenarios you list have also been perpetrated on Americans by Americans so i dont think Islamic radical nut jobs are the sole perpetrators of such depraved actions.
I'm sure you'll kindly cite contemporary sources that demonstrate:
  • Americans committing wanton acts of depraved violence upon one another en masse and in the name of the God of Abraham.
  • Americans in the United States throwing battery acid in the faces of little girls for wanting to learn to read or otherwise attend a public or private school system.
  • Americans permitting the selling of little girls into sexual slavery under protection of the First Amendment.
  • Americans publicly stoning other Americans to death for theological offenses and without repudiation or criminal charges.
I'll wait...

Old 06-08-2017, 10:14 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
I've answered that many times. No I do not.

We are slaughtering people by the thousands to protect the financial interests of Wall Street. Fee things are less dispicable.
You've never answered that question.

Your answer is always, "we are not better, and war is not the answer" NOBODY disagrees with you, but you need to understand the point the posters are making and go from there.

question: should radicalized islamic terrorists who sneak into your country be killed?

Your answer: you need to stop pretending you are better than them.

you see how lame that sounds? A simple Yes OR No will be the right answer.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 06-08-2017 at 11:03 AM..

Old 06-08-2017, 10:19 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
This is what we need. We're at war.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:55 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump reacted to fake news reports that the 9/11 terrorists had wives and children in the US who were protected. Reality is, none had wives or children anywhere.

Most of the hijackers legally entered the US on Saudi passports.

Trump Admin just brokered a $110 billion arms deal with the Saudies. Ivanka accepted a massive pledge for donation to her foundation from Saudi Arabia and UAE where Trump Org has substantial business interests.

Go figure, eh.

Royal Kingdom family is doing the happy dance.

Go figure? It's easy. It's about Sunni, Shiite, Saudi and Iran. But I'm sure being a typical Clintonite leg humper you didn't read the memo. Talking points are so much easier.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:14 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Seriously? Please list exactly where each one of these things have been done to Americans by Americans. In other words, back up your wild arse assertions with facts.
To name a few atrocities done by Americans think
Tim McVey
Dylan Roop
Adam Lanza
Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold
Jim Jones
Charles Manson
The genocide against American Natives
I could go on but i'm sure you get the idea.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Sure, I am happy to call for the discontinuance of general strikes that cause disproportionate collateral loss of life. Killing tens, hundreds, or thousands of civilians in order to kill one or a handful of enemy individuals on its own should not be an acceptable practice.
I'm glad to hear that but still Trump said it and was elected.

Quote:
WWII was an atrocity all around. I'm unsure what relevance the injection of WWII lends to this particular discussion, however.
I stated the relevance, I'm sorry you missed it. Propaganda can be a strong tool.

Quote:
I'm sure you'll kindly cite contemporary sources that demonstrate:

Americans committing wanton acts of depraved violence upon one another en masse and in the name of the God of Abraham.
Nobody is doing anything "en masse". This is always thrown in there to try and diminish the argument. There have been many people killed by those who say that they were carrying out the will of God.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-violence.html

(I noted this as someone who is pro-lfe)

Quote:
[*] Americans in the United States throwing battery acid in the faces of little girls for wanting to learn to read or otherwise attend a public or private school system.
Why does the motive make the difference?

There have been no shortage of women who had acid thrown on them by jealous boyfriends.

Stoning was originally a Jewish practice. Is this idea outdated and not acceptable? Indeed but the answer is education, not war.

Quote:
[*]Americans permitting the selling of little girls into sexual slavery under protection of the First Amendment[*]Americans publicly stoning other Americans to death for theological offenses and without repudiation or criminal charges.[/list]I'll wait...
"Under the protection of............." always these ways to wiggle out. Human trafficking is a problem in all walks and beliefs in life. Yes, it is a problem here in the good old United States also.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
You've never answered that question.

Your answer is always, "we are not better, and war is not the answer" NOBODY disagrees with you, but you need to understand the point the posters are making and go from there.

question: should radicalized islamic terrorists who sneak into your country be killed?
NO. They should be deported. We do NOT kill people for simply having thoughts. Think about it. Are you advocating we kill people for their thoughts?

Old 06-08-2017, 12:32 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
NO. They should be deported. We do NOT kill people for simply having thoughts. Think about it. Are you advocating we kill people for their thoughts?
Okay. You got a fair point. See how it works now?

I had some problems with the "suspect" word that he used. Due process and all.

But I DO believe radicalized islamic terrorists should be killed. SUSPECT, no.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Okay. You got a fair point. See how it works now?

I had some problems with the "suspect" word that he used. Due process and all.

But I DO believe radicalized islamic terrorists should be killed. SUSPECT, no.
I believe those who would blow up a hospital killing innocent women and children should be dealt with harshly also. (I do not support capital punishment).

We can not expect out of others what we will not do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies