Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 06:11 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Sadly it will take many more terrorist attacks before liberals wake up. Look at England. They literally are willing to sacrifice young girls than admit that multiculturalism is a failure. Just keep having candle light vigils. That'll stop the attacks. LOL
I am pretty damned liberal and I don't get the outrage. Yes, we should KILL EVERY RADICALIZED ISLAMIST. By saying RADICALIZED, this is not an attack on the religion of Islam. It is WAR against terrorists who would like to destroy us and, our goal should be to decimate each and every one of them. It is unfortunate that young people with few opportunities are recruited, sometimes unwillingly into terrorist organizations but the bottom line is, when someone's goal is to kill you, you need to be proactive and take them out. Why is this even controversial, did Americans forget 9/11? I don't agree with the Right on many issues but when it comes to terrorists, it's a war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 06:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I am pretty damned liberal and I don't get the outrage. Yes, we should KILL EVERY RADICALIZED ISLAMIST. By saying RADICALIZED, this is not an attack on the religion of Islam. It is WAR against terrorists who would like to destroy us and, our goal should be to decimate each and every one of them. It is unfortunate that young people with few opportunities are recruited, sometimes unwillingly into terrorist organizations but the bottom line is, when someone's goal is to kill you, you need to be proactive and take them out. Why is this even controversial, did Americans forget 9/11? I don't agree with the Right on many issues but when it comes to terrorists, it's a war.
We are attacking their countries, not the other way around.

Trump said that we should kill every one of them AND their families. When a president of a country says this, why is it that we expect them to act any different than we would act towards someone saying that?

Syria did absolutely nothing to us. We armed the "terrorists" there. We had no idea who we were backing and have helped to destroy their country. Is it really surprising that they would want to retaliate?

Old 06-07-2017, 06:23 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We are attacking their countries, not the other way around.

Trump said that we should kill every one of them AND their families. When a president of a country says this, why is it that we expect them to act any different than we would act towards someone saying that?

Syria did absolutely nothing to us. We armed the "terrorists" there. We had no idea who we were backing and have helped to destroy their country. Is it really surprising that they would want to retaliate?
Taken out of context - this thread was not about Trump, and the ridiculous things Trump says or tweets on a daily basis. It was about what Clay Higgens stated and he did not mention attacking countries, but killing RADICALIZED Islamists. Again, not sure why what he said is controversial. You cannot enter a country and accurately determine who is radicalized and who is not but if you have known radicals, as was the case in London before the attack, send them out of the country or kill them - they are a known enemy. I don't believe we have to wait for radicalized individuals to act. If they are talking the talk, take action. Pretty simple.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Taken out of context - this thread was not about Trump, and the ridiculous things Trump says or tweets on a daily basis. It was about what Clay Higgens stated and he did not mention attacking countries, but killing RADICALIZED Islamists. Again, not sure why what he said is controversial. You cannot enter a country and accurately determine who is radicalized and who is not but if you have known radicals, as was the case in London before the attack, send them out of the country or kill them - they are a known enemy. I don't believe we have to wait for radicalized individuals to act. If they are talking the talk, take action. Pretty simple.
I commented on statements made by others. When others state that we should be killing those threatening us, why is it not understandable that they would want to do the same?

You can't just point out where they are wrong and ignore where we are wrong and demand that people shut up about it.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:08 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We? You're on a laptop somewhere. Why aren't you over in Muslim Lands fighting Islamic militants?

I don't see you fighting. Doing a lot of typing though. That ain't gonna kill any radical jihadists.

Same thing to you. Go fight.
Unlike you, I did my time in the service honorably.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:13 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
How do you declare war on a religion? Or even radical sects of a religion?

See, a formal declaration of war would requires congressional approval (though the president can just bomb whoever the **** he wants apparently, becasue that's what the current one did... and if you did that to Russia, they'd call that a declaration of war... but whatever, **** separation of powers... #MAGA). The thing is, a declaration of war comes with certain assumptions, all made in the context of war with a sovereign state. The idea of declaring war on 'radical Islam' is one we aren't necessarily prepared to do.

Imagine we know of a terrorist cell hidden somewhere in Pakistan. We know generally where but can't give a specific location. If we declare war on 'radical Islam' would this allow us to just send troops into Pakistan? Because Pakistan may very well not be on board. While if we declared war on Pakistan, they may not like it, but at least a war is formally against them. It's different with non-state actors.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:15 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Easy to say, too bad they don't wear tags to identify themselves.
That was my reaction. The Senator said "suspects." Who says who is a radical extremist Muslim? Who gets to decide? Who gets to tell the non-radical Muslims of the decision and what happens when non-radicals suggest the radicals aren't all radical? Finally, what does our God say to us -- those who believe -- on Judgement Day?

Old 06-07-2017, 08:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
‘Kill them. Kill them all’: GOP congressman calls for war against radical Islamists '

Looks like a call for violence. It might be just a poor choice of words but people are more comfortable with that nowadays.

Isnt that the same rational ISIS is using?Has America devolved to a level where they are just an alt version of ISIS?

Old 06-07-2017, 08:19 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump said that not only should we kill them, we should kill their families.

Explain to me the difference. We elected him as president.
He said go after not kill.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:19 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,991 times
The far right used to shout the Anti-Communist rallying cry.
This has never worked.
The congressman should worry about paying the child support he is WAY behind on.
I wonder if his children have been taking state benefits due to his non payment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies