Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 11:07 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,711,303 times

Advertisements

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#608995ff6b4a

Trump is such a despicable, repugnant human being. Taking charity money allocated for kids with cancer and funneling it into your organization to pad your pockets is as low as you can go.

And before the cries of Fake News come in, Forbes is a conservative news outlet and was a big Trump endorser.

Any Trump cultists want to justify this one so you can prove to us all you have absolutely no morals either?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 11:08 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,378,269 times
Well, anyone who doesn't see by now that tRump is all about only one thing: tRump, is living in a separate reality.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:13 PM

4,125 posts, read 2,809,058 times
"But, but Hillary!" inbound.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:26 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,226,534 times
All charity is a money laundering scheme of some sort for crony capitalists.

Nobody would do it otherwise.

And no I'm not defending Trump. You don't need this story to have an epiphany on what a wretched human being he is (though I still find him delightfully funny ).

Just saying, if you dug into 99% of charities you'd find this garbage going on everywhere.

On the non-stop Trump bashing:

Ya know liberals, only a small percentage of people who voted for Trump actually liked him as a political candidate.

Hillary just sucked.

And while I agree with nothing in your platform you still have one (I think). Ignore Trump is my point. It's really not worth it.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:32 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,930,170 times
Why isn't this two-bit thug in prison yet?
Because in America crime pays and the rich are above the law.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:36 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

And no I'm not defending Trump. You don't need this story to have an epiphany on what a wretched human being he is (though I still find him delightfully funny ).

Just saying, if you dug into 99% of charities you'd find this garbage going on everywhere.

Ya know liberals, only a small percentage of people who voted for Trump actually liked him as a political candidate.

Hillary just sucked.

And while I agree with nothing in your platform you still have one (I think). Ignore Trump is my point. It's really not worth it.
Not 99%. Certainly some are. The worst seem to fall into two categories: cancer scams and police/firefighter/military scams.

Your assertion that no one would do it if it weren't a giant money laundering scheme is both absurd and rather telling about yourself. Some people are simply decent human beings.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:49 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,114,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Hillary just sucked.

Would it be worth it after he's stripped us of decent healthcare, clean air, respect, etc.?

What Trump and his son did takes despicable to a whole new level. Pretending to work for the sick then robbing from them? And you think it's ok just to look the other way? ....That they all do it, so it's ok for him too?

Old 06-07-2017, 07:57 AM

13,676 posts, read 8,942,167 times
This is an interesting story by Forbes.

I will say that the part about Donald John Trump becoming upset when he discovered that his golf courses (where said charitable golf events were being held) were not being paid for hosting said events, rings true (sorry for the long sentence which I could not escape from).

The article notes that in his video presentation to potential donors Eric stated:

"We were able to come up with this concept of raising a lot of money with really no expense and it's because we were incurring the expenses at the assets we were taking on the expenses as Trump. We were using our own facilities."

I tend to believe that Eric was being truthful when he made the video: that he thought his foundation could hold fundraising events at his father's country clubs with little expense (it would be unreasonable to expect the clubs to not get at least some reimbursement, although at far less than the 'market value' if one had to rent the country club).

Indeed, I used to watch "The Apprentice", and I seem to recall that for one season the 'final task' for the two final contestants was to organize an Eric Trump Foundation golf event at one of the Trump country clubs (or, at two, with each finalist having one Trump club to use). I may try to find that episode.

Regardless, the report indicates that the Eric Trump Foundation has raised 11 million dollars for the St. Jude's Hospital. While the Forbes report is disturbing, including funneling some $500,000 to other charitable organizations, including some connected to other Trump family members, I shall assume that at least 10 million actually made it to St. Jude's Hospital. As others have noted, in the world of charity, where scams abound, that is not too bad.

I realize that some will think I am being 'overly charitable' to Eric Trump, but I do think that Donald John Trump is very controlling of his children, and they do not wish to displease him.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:58 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,638,820 times
Trump is a cancer upon America.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:02 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,801,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#608995ff6b4a

Trump is such a despicable, repugnant human being. Taking charity money allocated for kids with cancer and funneling it into your organization to pad your pockets is as low as you can go.

And before the cries of Fake News come in, Forbes is a conservative news outlet and was a big Trump endorser.

Any Trump cultists want to justify this one so you can prove to us all you have absolutely no morals either?

Anyone who would support such a SUB-HUMAN Cretin as Trump, when he clearly showed his colors during the campaign..........well that says it all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies