Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 10:08 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Poor Spicer. Dude has such a difficult job, trying to defend/explain Trump's idiotic tweets and wishy-washy decisions every day.

Stress level must be off the charts.
He doesn't have to explain anything, he chooses to do that. He could simply say I don't know, I haven't spoken to him about it, NEXT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 10:12 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
I wonder if this view has changed

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...28562739970048

Old 06-07-2017, 10:13 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Sean Spicer: Trump's Tweets Are Official Statements | Time.com

So DUMB-A** Spicer looks like an idiot again, since he had said earlier that Trump's Tweets were a "Vetting" system, not official statements!
Considering some of the stuff he has written on his Twitter...that's kind of embarrassing (and I'm just thinking about content since being elected, not all of his tweets).

The switch on this stance is odd, too. I wonder if Trump said something to Spicer after his last statement on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I doubt it did. He knows who owns Congress.

4,087 posts, read 3,243,209 times
We are apparently in the Era of a TWITTER POTUS. He can forget news conferences with THE MEDIA.... LOL. He can be on the golf course and OFFICIALLY do opinions and news on the Nation. Spicer is doomed..... his job is far less necessary now.

Would we ever.... Dem or Rep? Ever have thought a President would use COMMON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR THE MASSES? AS A OFFICIAL POTUS ANNOUNCMENTS FORUM?

Old 06-07-2017, 10:18 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If in fact the tweets are official statements, they can not be deleted or at least deleted tweets would need to be accessible under the Freedom of Information Act.
this is the part of the story that interests me. we know that trump has deleted tweets in the past. i'll be curious to hear what will be required now that they are official ( ..... altho my gut is telling me that spicer will backtrack on the claim ).

Old 06-07-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
We are apparently in the Era of a TWITTER POTUS. He can forget news conferences with THE MEDIA.... LOL. He can be on the golf course and OFFICIALLY do opinions and news on the Nation. Spicer is doomed..... his job is far less necessary now.

Would we ever.... Dem or Rep? Ever have thought a President would use COMMON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR THE MASSES? AS A OFFICIAL POTUS ANNOUNCMENTS FORUM?
Yep absolutely. That disease is spreading to every facet of everyone's life. Shameful really.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:16 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Are you allowed to call into a press briefing with the POTUS and comment on what he is saying? How about a simple televised address to the nation? Didn't think so.
OIC... even though trump's favorite way to disseminate his opinions is to use a social media platform - y'know the term "social" generally implies that readers may freely respond to the posts - those who don't agree with the post are not allowed to respond. Why didn't someone think of that before?

Old 06-07-2017, 06:19 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
this is the part of the story that interests me. we know that trump has deleted tweets in the past. i'll be curious to hear what will be required now that they are official ( ..... altho my gut is telling me that spicer will backtrack on the claim ).
The good news is that all those deleted tweets were saved for posterity by the very organizations that trump tries to avoid. And, they will be available forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies