Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 01:44 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It's up to the law and the facts. If they find something in writing that says Trump fired him because of that you're right, but the only thing in writing is that he fired him because he lost confidence in him.
Trump told NBC's Lester Holt: "And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won'."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 01:46 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump told NBC's Lester Holt: "And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won'."
And what does that nonsense have to do with anything? Was that just a nervous knee-jerk reaction to just try to spin something into something?

Old 06-07-2017, 01:47 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
He added that, but he said the reason he let him go was misleading the VP. Comprehension is the key.
What do you mean "he added that".. like after the fact?? Comey said Trump had additional concerns. So "I fired him because he lied to the VP and I also had additional concerns".. So he fired him because he lied and on top of that he had additional concerns. Very easy reading.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:49 PM

348 posts, read 255,982 times
I think Trump was improper when he called and met with Comey and asked him to drop the Flynn thing. Also, to acknowledge publicly that Trump was not under investigation for the Russian collusion.

After watching Comey speak during prior hearings he seemed to let emotions play into his thought process and situations. He never had a boss like Trump who requested to meet or speak with him over and over. No doubt Trump was use to the private sector and overstepped his bounds when dealing with Comey.

However, I do not believe there was any corruption on Trump's part mainly inexperience. Comey was use to seasoned and career politicians who knew the government protocol and was uncomfortable with Trump.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
The "cloud" meaning that the media was saying HE was under investigation. He was told directly by Comey that he was not under investigation. All he was asking that the public hear the same to lift the "cloud"
"not personally investigating President Trump"

Old 06-07-2017, 01:52 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,334 times
None of it matters, Trump will still be our President.

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
What do you mean "he added that".. like after the fact?? Comey said Trump had additional concerns. So "I fired him because he lied to the VP and I also had additional concerns".. So he fired him because he lied and on top of that he had additional concerns. Very easy reading.
No, "I fired him because of this Russia thing, they were some other concerns, but it was the Russia thing". Like he admitted on television.

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Another cryptic post. Put the vodka down Donna, it will be ok.

3,841 posts, read 1,978,664 times
Quote:
Exactly. Trump wanted the public to know he was not personally being investigating because he thought it was hindering his job.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:53 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
And what does that nonsense have to do with anything? Was that just a nervous knee-jerk reaction to just try to spin something into something?
So the president speaks nonsense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies