Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 01:21 PM

348 posts, read 255,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
As usual, hardcore Trump supporters on here in complete denial. What do you expect when you elect a shady business guy Trump into power? You expect him to stay squeaky clean when he gets in power?? No, old habits die hard!

Next time, dont vote for someone based on emotions and how they make you feel inside.
Doesn't matter which side you are on. When MSNBC spends only 4.5 minutes interpreting and breaking down this MAJOR BREAKING NEWS OF CORRUPTION.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If that had been Hillary or Bill Clinton demanding loyalty, asking for the FBI to 'go easy' on a friend who committed several crimes (let's use Anthony Weiner) because he is 'a good guy who had been through a lot' and continuously asking if she were under investigation and to 'get it out there,' I would bet the farm that all of those saying 'there's nothing there' and making excuses would be screaming for prosecution and impeachment.

Distort D'Newsa would be shooting a new film already.
And you think that Bill Clinton did not stack the deck: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Bill_Clinton!

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Really? You are going to sit there and say that tripe when he released his statement that is a bunch of nothing? My GOD are people STOOOOOOPID!
You're just projecting right now.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
So those of us who said there was a distinction between asking/suggesting something be done, and ordering that something be done, were correct.

Either Trump is a buffoon who didn't know the difference and figured that his experiences in business carried over to this role - where the mere suggestion of what the CEO would like to see happen - happens.

Or he's smarter than I thought and played it that way on purpose so he couldn't be accuse of tampering.

Either way, it looks like nothing is there and while Comey will be grilled like crazy tomorrow, I don't expect anything new to be revealed.

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You might be right that there isn't enough evidence on which to base an obstruction charge. But it won't be because there's no letter saying "you're fired because you wouldn't drop the investigation." Comey's statement is evidence that Trump wanted him to stop investigating Flynn. He wouldn't agree to do that and was fired. It's up to a factfinder to determine cause for the firing in that situation.
There is absolutely no proof that he was fired for that and it can't just be made up out of thin air. There has to be evidence to back that up, not just an opinion. You said it yourself, FACTFINDER, an opinion is not in any way fact.

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Exactly. And Comey did not "lift the cloud". But it was not illegal for Trump to ask. He was told he was not, Trump came out and said he was told he was not, so he was asking for back up.
Legal or not it is pretty damning for a president to ask an FBI director to drop an investigation for no apparent reason, and he asks the US Attorney General that he appointed to leave the room.

Then he turns around and fires him.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:24 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
What Trump notes? There are no Trump notes. There were Trump threats about tapes that have not materialized. Comey also recorded and shared memos with other FBI officials at the time. He asked Sessions not to leave him alone with Trump.

Then there is history and character. Comey has a stellar reputation for having good moral character and ehtics, and being extremely honest.

Trump...not so much. Very low on the moral character and ethics scale and a known liar.

He said, she said....Comey wins hands down.
True. There are no "Trump notes" as far as I've heard. Comey documented everything said and done and where it happened. I think Trump is more of a guy who talks on the cuff. I wonder who will be more prepared?

Old 06-07-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
You're just projecting right now.
So says the poster who has no idea what was in the released Comey remarks or what the law surrounding Obstruction even is.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
True. There are no "Trump notes" as far as I've heard. Comey documented everything said and done and where it happened. I think Trump is more of a guy who talks on the cuff. I wonder who will be more prepared?
And? Did you even read his statements? I don't think you did. Prepared for what? It is already out what he's going to say.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
If that had been Hillary or Bill Clinton demanding loyalty, asking for the FBI to 'go easy' on a friend who committed several crimes (let's use Anthony Weiner) because he is 'a good guy who had been through a lot' and continuously asking if she were under investigation and to 'get it out there,' I would bet the farm that all of those saying 'there's nothing there' and making excuses would be screaming for prosecution and impeachment.

Distort D'Newsa would be shooting a new film already.
Personally, I'd love to see him impeached - and I voted for him. Actually, I voted against Hillary but the result was the same.

If there's nothing there - and it sounds like there isn't, but we'll see - what do you want people like me to do about it? PRETEND?? Sorry, I don't b.s. just because I'd like to see a specific outcome. We'll just have to wait until he really steps in it to get rid of him.

But I'm still waiting for something to be done to Hillary for perjury - aren't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies