Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 04:56 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

The US has changed over the years. What was acceptable at one time is not acceptable today. I remember husbands and wives coming into my grandparent's bar when I young (in the 1950's/60's). The wife would have a black eye and the other male patrons would ask the husband: "What did she do this time"! I also remember segregated bathrooms on the ferry at the end of the Delmarva peninsula to mainland Virginia. Half a century can make a big change; if people want to change.

I am an atheist and I do not understand why anybody would subject themselves to being mistreated by their chosen religion. That goes for Christian, Muslims and all religions. People are paying the price in their devotion, money and time - so why let them mistreat you? It makes no sense other than many areas of the world are still behind us - not that we are perfect (we have plenty of flaws). Thanks to the internet many are starting to question: Saudi woman jailed for defying driving ban is arrested | Daily Mail Online. Of course that does not mean that the systems will change.

Last edited by fisheye; 06-08-2017 at 05:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 04:57 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Of course you went with the mythical party swap Democrats always use to cope with how their party was the party of racism.

Sorry, but no matter how upsetting it is to you, the Democrats were the party of slavery and Jim Crow. That is just a FACT. One that you just can't cope with.
You keep putting your foot it in.

So you are saying that the South were "Liberals" back then?

And conservatives (as a whole) marched for racial equality?

Just answer directly.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:01 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Thankfully, my family comes from a nation where Christians, Hindus and Muslims live side by side so my perspective differs. There are good and bad in every religion.

Quote:
Let's not forget that blacks primarily vote for the party of slavery and Jim Crow.
I understand that you are obseseed with "black" people but try to at least stay on subject. Your mention of slavery is a prime example of serious cruelty committed by Christians in the U.S and beyond. Murder, rape of women and children, beatings etc. Virtually all religions have people who have committed atrocities against other human beings.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post

Just answer directly.
Neither party was fighting for gay marriage back then.

The ideals of liberalism and what is considered liberal has changed quite a bit over the years. Obama was against gay marriage for most of his adult life. Was Obama a conservative when he was in the Senate and against gay marriage?

The FACT is that the Democrats were the party of slavery and Jim Crow.

What party was George Wallace with when he was governor and blocked blacks from entering school? What party was that same George Wallace with when he was governor of Alabama in the 80's?

Hint, he was a Democrat both times.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Neither party was fighting for gay marriage back then.

The ideals of liberalism and what is considered liberal has changed quite a bit over the years. Obama was against gay marriage for most of his adult life. Was Obama a conservative when he was in the Senate and against gay marriage?

The FACT is that the Democrats were the party of slavery and a Jim Crow.

What party was George Wallace with when he was governor and blocked blacks from entering school? What party was that same George Wallace with when he was governor of Alabama in the 80's?

Hint, he was a Democrat both times.
Are you drinking?

Refer to my previous post. You are repeating yourself like a drunk.

And answer the two questions I posted before moving on:

Simple questions. Yes or no? This is not an Essay test.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:12 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Are you drinking?

Refer to my previous post. You are repeating yourself like a drunk.

And answer the two questions I posted before moving on:

Simple questions. Yes or no? This is not an Essay test.
FACT, the Democrats were the party of Jim Crow and slavery.

Sorry if this FACT upsets you.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:14 AM

736 posts, read 353,555 times
They should keep supporting Islam, so that their rights can be taken away like in Saudi Arabia. Then we wouldn't ever hear them complain again.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
FACT, the Democrats were the party of Jim Crow and slavery.

Sorry if this FACT upsets you.
Pretty obvious you cannot answer the questions! LOL

Yes or no is so simple. Yet beyond your capability.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:47 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Fair enough.

There are abusive men who will hurt and try to control women in the name of religion or anything else. Because a woman is Muslim doesn't mean she's submissive or abused. It's more the practice than the book.
The Koran is pretty damn explicit on a woman's place.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:49 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
why do people support the repubs-- when they are also toxic for women's rights? check the laws- and lack of
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies