Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 05:21 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually....they can impeach for a variety of factual reasons.
Violations of the emoluments Claus
Obstruction of justice
And abuse of authority.

All fall under the term of "high crimes and misdemeanors".
These accusations are borderline at the best, violations of the emoluments clause? When he was elected what I said was he was going to get hammered with this his entire term because there reality is there is no way for him to separate himself from his business no matter how many pieces of papers he signs or what is occurring.

Clinton was a long shot but had a much greater chance that this, had only the facts of the case been considered it would have been 100-0 vote because Clinton himself admitted to doing the crime. You don't have anything near that with Trump...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 05:22 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Source:
Trump impeachment process set to begin

Trump Impeachment Process Set to Begin As Democrat Al Green Files Articles

Two House Democrats launch longshot bid to impeach Trump | PBS NewsHour

The last link is probably the best one, they make it clear that its a longshot. The other two are way too excited about it, the pbs link states it more like it is.

I think its a mistake. I think its still too early to do this, and the failure of it will make any possibility of impeachment to just take longer in the end. Barring some evidence that would make the Republicans back this, this is just dumb. Impeachment should be done at the right time, with the proper evidence, that is not yet today, nor in the next few weeks as they indicate. Rushing this is unwise.
The Democrats don't have the authority to file anything. Only the Speaker of the House can do this and he is a Republican. This is all fake news.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:25 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Comey told Trump he wasn't currently the target of a Counterintelligence investigation. Doesn't mean he wasn't under a Criminal investigation, and certainly doesn't mean he isn't under one now.

Nothing in Comey's testimony is beneficial for Trump.
Mr. Comey also confirms that on at least three occasions he told Mr. Trump that he was not a personal target of the Russia probe.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-ind...mey-1496878266

I agree with the conclusion of the article and said so when Comey was fired AND before that as Comey is everything that is wrong with our system, but yes, this testimony is going to help Trump.

This is what Trump claimed and when Comey refused to admit to it even though it was the truth, with many calling Trump a liar he now stands on higher ground.

I am NOT a Trump supporter but I am willing to state factually how things are, whether I like them or not.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:25 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I think there's enough there to impeach, but not enough people on board.

Trump's latest approval rating was 34. If it continues to drop, we will see if the GOP is desperate enough to keep their jobs to act.
"Trump's latest approval rating was 34"

1st, post the results. I i checked a while back "polled" 13% MORE dems then repubs. What "outcome' would you expect?

2nd, With all the alphabet media constantly making all sorts of false claims, accusations, what ifs, etc., for so long , it would be no wonder his ratings would be so low.

Now that all those accusations the media has been using, have been proven FALSE, maybe his ratings will go UP.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:26 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Comey made it clear that what Trump did was not the political way to do things. I can see Trump benefiting bigly by that. If the end result is "This isn't how you do things as a politician" then Trump could win big here.

That is what people have tired of. Trump was elected because they were tired of politicians and the way they do things.

Trump saying that Comey told him he was not being targeted and then Comey refusing to back that even though it was factual is going to help Trump big time. Trump can now say, "See, I was simply stating facts" and Comey is saying "I had to play politics".
Spicey, is that YOU !!!

It might be a little early in the process to start asking for impeachment, but it will happen at some point. The Republics who care about their own futures, and those who actually care about right from wrong, will be the ones who swing to the side of "He must go" .

As bad as we paint the GOP, they are not blind, and they see how disruptive and out of control this current administration has been since day one...........Hell, even BEFORE day one. They did not want Donald Trump in the first place, he was thrust on them by people who somehow thought he was a good choice. But very few Republicans were nuts about him representing their party.

A lot will hinge on what comes out of these hearings. We are already seeing some Republicans starting to soften their support for Trump, and as their constituents lean on them more, they will begin to soften even more. No party can survive having a loose cannon, nut job as their leader, and they know it.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:26 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Nothing to do with sore loser. Trump has committed acts that warrant impeachment and he's completely unfit and unstable for office. He's abusing the office and destroying our position in the world.
In your eyes and the eyes of those that follow. But that will never be enough eyes to impeach! You lost and you will loose this battle.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:29 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Actually....they can impeach for a variety of factual reasons.
Violations of the emoluments Claus
Obstruction of justice
And abuse of authority.

All fall under the term of "high crimes and misdemeanors".

The problem is....the republicans have to agree he has to go. And that's not happening without more.
"The problem is...." Trump is NOT guilty of even 1 of those thing.

It IS going to be along 4, maybe 8 years for you.

If the loss of hillary wasn't enough for you, Trump's victories WILL be.

If you keep at it, you will have nervous breakdown.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:32 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Spicey, is that YOU !!!

It might be a little early in the process to start asking for impeachment, but it will happen at some point. The Republics who care about their own futures, and those who actually care about right from wrong, will be the ones who swing to the side of "He must go" .

As bad as we paint the GOP, they are not blind, and they see how disruptive and out of control this current administration has been since day one...........Hell, even BEFORE day one. They did not want Donald Trump in the first place, he was thrust on them by people who somehow thought he was a good choice. But very few Republicans were nuts about him representing their party.

A lot will hinge on what comes out of these hearings. We are already seeing some Republicans starting to soften their support for Trump, and as their constituents lean on them more, they will begin to soften even more. No party can survive having a loose cannon, nut job as their leader, and they know it.
Is this why the (D)'s have lost so many elections the last eight years? You can not, nor will we impeach someone over being unpopular. It's not going to happen.

Find an alternative people can support. For some odd reason, the (D)'s reject this idea.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:33 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Trump saying that Comey told him he was not being targeted and then Comey refusing to back that even though it was factual is going to help Trump big time. Trump can now say, "See, I was simply stating facts" and Comey is saying "I had to play politics".
Now this a pretty good one as well.

When it started out, of course the investigation was not about Trump. It was about Flynn's questionable behaviors, Manafort's murky connections, that odd server business, the dodgy dossier, information provided by other foreign intelligence services, ...

Where the investigation would end up was anybody's guess. But where it started out was with Trump's minions not Trump.

Trump's insistence that it wasn't me, I didn't do it, I knew nothing, nothing... is odd in and of itself. Makes him sound like a befuddled old man being taken advantage of by fast-talking types running a scam right under his nose.

But for Trump to ask the FBI Director to provide him with a public alibi, then claim Comey was the one playing politics by declining to do so, now that's one great spin.

I'm telling you, you got a future here.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:39 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Source:
Trump impeachment process set to begin

Trump Impeachment Process Set to Begin As Democrat Al Green Files Articles

Two House Democrats launch longshot bid to impeach Trump | PBS NewsHour

The last link is probably the best one, they make it clear that its a longshot. The other two are way too excited about it, the pbs link states it more like it is.

I think its a mistake. I think its still too early to do this, and the failure of it will make any possibility of impeachment to just take longer in the end. Barring some evidence that would make the Republicans back this, this is just dumb. Impeachment should be done at the right time, with the proper evidence, that is not yet today, nor in the next few weeks as they indicate. Rushing this is unwise.
We've had so much stupidity around this can we at least wait until they're actually filed?

I mean we've had dozens of "imminent" "set to begin" blah blah blah impeachment claims for months now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies