Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2017, 04:48 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,632,048 times

Advertisements

Just the fact that Comey wanted his memo shown to the NYT sounds shady. Why not to the NY Post as well?

Hmmmm....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 05:04 PM

25,597 posts, read 56,279,063 times
Nobody at the NYT saw the memo. Parts of the memo were read over the phone to the NYT reporter.

Sure as night follows day, when it comes to Trump people - which one can always take to the bank - they can NEVER get their facts straight. Or, if the fact is too uncomfortable, it is twisted - just like their master Trump twists and talks in riddles.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:19 PM

8,058 posts, read 3,913,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well, then, we can assume that:was disclosed by colleagues at the FBI. When I first read this NYT account in May, I immediately assumed the information was coming directly from Comey's FBI associates. If that is true, then the "several people close to him" does not contradict his testimony about not disclosing "outside the FBI."
That would leave Comey lying by omission; since he, of all people, would have know that the NYT story came from his memos.

Not to mention the fact that your implication paints the upper echelons of the FBI as unethical.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:39 PM

25,597 posts, read 56,279,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
That would leave Comey lying by omission; since he, of all people, would have know that the NYT story came from his memos.
I've rethought that prior to your post and reedited my post. Please reread. Per recent news accounts, he disclosed to a friend AFTER he was fired. How is that contradictory? Friend called NYT.

I knew someone like Trump very well years ago. You could never beat them by being a better person - because they always took advantage of your integrity. I finally just walked away because I didn't have the energy nor could I stoop to that level of depravity - but in Comey's case the stakes are too high. He has to fight back. And, so far, it appears he's managed to do it within the proper parameters.

Of course, Trump can do anything he wants because he has no ethics. In his world, there is no right or wrong - just what works for him - no matter how depraved - or who it hurts.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I've rethought that prior to your post and reedited my post. Please reread. Per recent news accounts, he disclosed to a friend AFTER he was fired. How is that contradictory? Friend called NYT.

I knew someone like Trump very well years ago. You could never beat them by being a better person - because they always took advantage of your integrity. I finally just walked away because I didn't have the energy nor could I stoop to that level of depravity - but in Comey's case the stakes are too high. He has to fight back. And, so far, it appears he's managed to do it within the proper parameters.

Of course, Trump can do anything he wants because he has no ethics. In his world, there is no right or wrong - just what works for him - no matter how depraved - or who it hurts.
You're back to square one.

Comey testified he "woke up in the middle of the night" after Trump's "tapes" tweet and then asked his friend to leak the memo.

“I woke up in the middle of the night ... because it didn’t dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation,” Comey told senators. “And my judgment was, I needed to get that out into the public square. And so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter … because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

Again, why would Comey need to "get that out into the public square" twice? He knew the first story came from his memos.

It ain't adding up.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:36 PM

51,587 posts, read 25,535,844 times
Quote:

It ain't adding up.
A lot of folks have trouble adding things up.

It tends to happen when you believe lies.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:38 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,459,092 times
Quote:
You're back to square one.

Comey testified he "woke up in the middle of the night" after Trump's "tapes" tweet and then asked his friend to leak the memo.

“I woke up in the middle of the night ... because it didn’t dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation,” Comey told senators. “And my judgment was, I needed to get that out into the public square. And so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter … because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

Again, why would Comey need to "get that out into the public square" twice? He knew the first story came from his memos.

It ain't adding up.
Seriously. Would you like me to pick apart everything trump has said. And I will limit it to since he has been Potus. Any reasonable person would come to the conclusion he is a liar.

What happened here is trump acted like a fool after he fired coney. He publically disparaged him. Comey acted like a a man and fought back. Let me ask you. If your boss fired you and then went public and trashed you would you sit back and take it?

Trump is a rich boy bully that just got punked.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,747,628 times
Trump shouldn't testify. Either he triple downs on his "I fired Comey to end 'this Russah thing'" and gets impeached over obstruction of justice (hindering an investigation) or he tells the truth and gets impeached for perjuring himself because of inconsistent comments (similar to Slick Willy) AND obstruction of justice. The only problem is not doing anything on Capital Hill could lead to a possible bench warrant by Congress.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
A lot of folks have trouble adding things up.

It tends to happen when you believe lies.
Show me where I'm wrong.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,457,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Excellent, looks like the right man is on the case and it looks like they are not going to leave any stone unturned, as it should be.
So do you think trump will attack Mueller and his investigators, would he actually be that stupid?
My guess would be yes if he gets angry enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies