Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 09:44 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
My impression of everyone on the committee after about the 3rd speaker...

"Thank you for everything, i sincerely appreciate it, now i am going to spend fifteen minutes asking the same questions my previous colleagues have asked, and again, i appreciate this opportunity to look like i'm doing something on TV."
King is bringing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 09:44 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This reminds me a lot of the Bill Clinton impeachment. Yes, there was wrongdoing and deeds that were inappropriate, but not enough to remove a popular President from office. No "smoking gun" so to speak.
Rape, obstruction, and perjury are fine as long as you are "popular". That is how high school jocks operate.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:45 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Who will rid me of this meddlesome Priest?

Shakespeare

I always wondered who wrote that.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:45 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well, I never thought one could impeach over that statement. It's certainly inappropriate. If he meant "leaks" he should have had a discussion about leaks. A broad statement like "I need your loyality" really means one thing. Sure, you can parse up anyway you want to make it fit your narrative though.
It can mean a lot of things. In business, being loyal means you don't "sell out" when you get the chance of something better. In such a case like this, it could mean "don't sell me out to BS politics" and was a real concern with the leaks, the obvious Obama hold overs and their antics to his actions.

The fact is, Washington is a political machine, that functions in a very specific fashion and process. This is what we call the "establishment". There are so many rules and behavior expectations that drive everything. Trump saying "I expect loyalty" can be taken as "Don't pull stupid petty political games and processes".

Washington HATES Trump because he acts like businessmen, not a politician and so he doesn't abide by all the stupid behaviors, handshakes, and etiquette that it has. This infuriates those in Washington, which is why both right and left have hate for him. As much as Trump is a "billionaire", he still acts like the "average joe" in his demeanor and blunt social mannerisms. This is looked down on by Washington who think themselves noble elites.

besides, the law is VERY clear on intent and action to achieve such. This is why Comey looks like an idiot politician.

I guess he wasn't "loyal" and decided to play politics as he is doing now.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:47 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The FBI director... A LEAKER. HOW LOW CAN YOU GO!!
Yeah, I find his actions here rather conflicting.

he claimed Trumps comments were "inappropriate" but then handles the release of the memo outside of proper norms inappropriately.

Comey is a moron.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:47 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What he leaked was not classified. Try again.
ALL communications with the President of the United States are classified until he says otherwise. That is why there is "executive privilege" when investigators attempt to get info.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:48 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The FBI director... A LEAKER. HOW LOW CAN YOU GO!!
Comey has lost all credibility at this point. He's best riding off into the sunset.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:50 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
I know Dems were feverishly waiting for this now nonevent. Are tears falling?
What a total collapse of all fabrications. Awesome.....next

Old 06-08-2017, 09:52 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This is such a joke and a waste of everyone's time
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Yeah, I find his actions here rather conflicting.

he claimed Trumps comments were "inappropriate" but then handles the release of the memo outside of proper norms inappropriately.

Comey is a moron.
Well I will concede he isn't very Presidential, although a lot more Presidential then Trump.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:52 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What a total collapse of all fabrications. Awesome.....next
No doubt the dumbocrats are scrambling to find some new picayune event to blow up into a major scandal since this whole flap just blew up in their face
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies