Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 02:12 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,167,348 times

Advertisements

This writer explains clearly why the, 'Oh, Trump is just ignorant" defense is a problem in itself. Yes, I know the Trumpeters will soak it all up all the stink and thinks it smells like roses, but the rest of us sane people gets it.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1431...rant-president

Quote:

If the Comey testimony is presenting a problem for the RNC, Republican politicians and sympathetic pundits are coming up with their own separate apologia for Trump: They acknowledge that Trump’s behavior might look fishy, but argue his actions were those of a novice politician who obstructed justice out of sheer stupidity. Ignorant of the basic understanding of the rule of law and the independence of law enforcement, Trump blundered into shady behavior with no malicious intent.

Let’s accept, for a moment, the contention that Trump’s mind doesn’t grasp how government works. Isn’t that a good argument for removing him from office?

Old 06-08-2017, 02:24 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,688,144 times
Please do not take what I am about to say as in any way defending Donald Trump, I would never do that. But the fact is, all his life he has been a real estate salesman who wheeled and dealed and had secret little meetings with people where he asked them to do "questionable" things. Everyone knows he had shady business practices, and leopards do not change their spots.

So, when he got to the WH, he had no idea that things do not work that way at that level. Where he could have pulled some vendor aside and said "I HOPE you can give me two invoices so it looks like I paid more than I did ", he doesn't understand that you can not pull the Director of the FBI aside and say "I HOPE you will look the other way on this Flynn thing".

Not making excuses for him, as any normal person would know that is unethical at best, and illegal at worst, but Donald Trump is NOT NORMAL. He does not possess the intelligence, or that little part of the brain, that says "You can not do this !". I bet he still does not understand why he was wrong to ask Comey for that favor.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:25 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,111,652 times
Another lefties circle jerk thread.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:27 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,271,490 times
Uh oh, the Comey testimony has left libs mighty crabby today. Time to turn off CNN, grab a tall boy and go fishing.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:48 AM

417 posts, read 189,038 times
Ignorance is no excuse. If you don't know the lay of the land, you take people with you who do. Comey is not known as a liar. Trump has a long history of lies. It has been shown over and over again, long before he ran for public office.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:50 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,358,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This writer explains clearly why the, 'Oh, Trump is just ignorant" defense is a problem in itself. Yes, I know the Trumpeters will soak it all up all the stink and thinks it smells like roses, but the rest of us sane people gets it.
How much time do you spend googling up opinion articles each day, which you then post here as fact?

The yoyo you quote was proven wrong. So now they do what leftists do, they resort to name calling.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:03 AM

76,829 posts, read 47,136,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Please do not take what I am about to say as in any way defending Donald Trump, I would never do that. But the fact is, all his life he has been a real estate salesman who wheeled and dealed and had secret little meetings with people where he asked them to do "questionable" things. Everyone knows he had shady business practices, and leopards do not change their spots.

So, when he got to the WH, he had no idea that things do not work that way at that level. Where he could have pulled some vendor aside and said "I HOPE you can give me two invoices so it looks like I paid more than I did ", he doesn't understand that you can not pull the Director of the FBI aside and say "I HOPE you will look the other way on this Flynn thing".

Not making excuses for him, as any normal person would know that is unethical at best, and illegal at worst, but Donald Trump is NOT NORMAL. He does not possess the intelligence, or that little part of the brain, that says "You can not do this !". I bet he still does not understand why he was wrong to ask Comey for that favor.
All presidents are new to the job, but when they don't know how some things are done, they ask for advice. Trump asks no one, and when advice is offered, he ignores is.

The "he is just new and ignorant" is no excuse.

Try telling a police officer than you didn't know your actions were against the law. Guess what? They don't care.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:07 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,363,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

https://newrepublic.com/article/1431...rant-president

This is what happens when you elect someone who has absolutely no government experience to the highest office in the land; someone who ran on being a "disruptor" but who has little or no knowledge of our history, institutions and Constitution; someone who has an adversarial relationship with the truth; and, someone with no intellectual curiosity.

The excuse that he is "new" at it would be laughed at in a court of law:

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, we request that you find the bus driver, my client, D. Trump, not guilty of negligence for driving the bus off the cliff and maiming everyone on board because he just obtained his commercial license and was new at it"

Yeah, see how that goes.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 06-09-2017 at 07:28 AM..

Old 06-09-2017, 07:08 AM

65 posts, read 33,289 times
If he has to ignorent to enforce the law then so be it. He's not a fifth column

Old 06-09-2017, 07:13 AM

727 posts, read 387,399 times
In the face of all that Donald Trump has brought to the presidency, I was baffled why people who Trump, who he has proven, at best, are very low on his priority list, loyally support him. Some of what I see here is probably just provocation intended to get people upset. But I think some are actually loyal supporters.

In trying to understand why there are blind supporters, I tried to understand Trump. There was a common theme in much of what he said - fear. Many politicians use fear to get votes but with Trump I think it's very real.

There have been times I thought Trump had a less than average IQ, sometimes way below average. He is where he is because he's an amazing salesman, but you don't have to be intelligent to achieve that. But when I factored in fear I wondered just how much it paralyzes him and his ability to think.

It is now pretty well known Trump has problems concentrating. I thought that was a sign of low IQ. But it could very well be that paranoia consumes so much of his thinking, it's difficult to concentrate on anything else.

It doesn't appear to me Trump is highly intelligent, average maybe, but not highly. What I will probably never know is how much fear consumes his ability to function at the level his IQ is capable of functioning. So I'll withhold believing he has a low IQ.

As far as ignorant - AKA uneducated - he has certainly proven that he is uneducated about government and world affairs. But I wouldn't chalk that up to low intelligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies