Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump will win a second term?
Yes, he will be re-elected in 2020 56 40.88%
No, he will be a one-term President 81 59.12%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 09:18 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
But you just can't get enough of the 16 years (and counting) of hatred for Bush, and the endless 24x7 mindless, rabid, frothing at the mouth hatred spewing from liberal media outlets. People don't care how tired you are of hatred directed at Obama.

I dont hate Bush, heck I even voted for him the first time. Disappointed,yes. Hate, no? I think he was and is a sincere guy with a desire to do good who became misguided. Nothing more.

And Im not worried about whether people do or dont care about how tired I may be of the hatred towards Obama. My post actually referenced a post from a guy complaining how he was tired of all the Trump hate, and simply referenced the never ending hatred the right has for most any Dem who dares to become POTUS.

At least the Trump hate has a basis in his behavior, rather than simply skin color or being a liberal Dem.Trump has earned the scorn the world has for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 05:24 AM

937 posts, read 699,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
I don't think he'll make it through his first term. He is going to say, "the heck with this, I was happier before I became President."
He's not "happy" if he isn't in charge or can fire someone.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:10 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
It's objectively too soon to tell, but I highly doubt it. Thus far, he's proven to be a not very good president in terms of ability to get things done. He's also not any less of an ******* than he was when he ran, which I was hoping would not be the case. His approval rating has consistently been low as well, and many Republicans aren't even willing to defend him.

That does not bode well. With that said, the Democrats, after the last election, need to prove that they are a viable option for many Americans who feel that the party betrayed them. There needs to be a JFK or an FDR Democrat (like Bernie could have been) to run, rather than a Bill or Hillary Clinton.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:44 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
If they pass tax reform, get the wall up and gas prices stay down, he'll win again.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:36 AM

304 posts, read 160,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If they pass tax reform, get the wall up and gas prices stay down, he'll win again.
His Tax reform seems very unpopular at this moment in time, what passes the house and what passes the senate will be 2 totally different things which will be watered down in joint committee. Plus the GOP has blanket control so cant pin that one on the dems

The wall won't happen...I think at the end of the day he will do a big photo-opp with a groundbreaking ceremony (just in time for either 2018 or 2020) and that will be about as far as the wall gets.

Gas prices is always my favorite..people seem to like it both ways. When Obama took over in 09 and gas prices were creeping around $3 a gallon it was all HIS fault. When it started to fall in 2015 the president has very LITTLE impact on gas prices, now that Trump is president, if prices STAY low HE gets credit. Make up your mind people. For the record, yes i acknowledge the dems pulled the same card while Bush was president and they were wrong as well.

I still think though 2020 will be about Pence election to his own term. I believe a the end of the day Trump will be in the same spot as Nixon. Remember Nixon did NOT order the Watergate break-in or have anything to do with it. His tapes even had him saying "who is the idiot (can't use what he really said on city-data but it states with an A) that ordered this" THEN he tried to cover up and obstruct. I think Trumps surrogates pulled illegal stunts and instead of falling on his sword and giving the appearance he is trying to be a stand up guy (and quietly pardon them down the road), he is trying to cover up their illegal deeds and its going to cost him.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:06 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He'll be re-elected if the economy stays strong and he keeps us out of any wars.
I just saw a commercial on TV trying to recruit people to learn to fly stealth bombers. Sounds like a wind up to war to me.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Since you all feel he will be impeached you have nothing to worry about
Pub congress would NEVER impeach him, even if he did murder someone on 5th Ave in broad daylight. You know, like he said in the campaign.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:45 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
My guess is that he will be soundly defeated in 2020. Assuming he survives another 3.5 years and he is still sane enough to run for re-election. He base is ever-shrinking, and he is making no effort whatsoever to expand it. He is happy as long as he has his cult in lockstep, that satisfies his ego, he has no interest in representing anyone else. I was never convinced he REALLY wanted to win the first time, much less be POTUS for a second term.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:52 AM

181 posts, read 378,631 times
He has to make it past his first term first.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:08 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
It will be a replay where the Democratic Party hands the election to the GOP no matter who the GOP candidate is. The Democratic Party is in shambles, and has no leadership. More and more people are unable to support the Democratic Party as it becomes a national embarrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies