Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 11:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,869,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The president can fire anyone for any reason...you know that, right ?
Yes he can, but if you are the one claiming you did nothing wrong then it might not be a smartest idea to fire the one investigating a matter of impropriety. The firing did nothing more than focus more attention on him, trump has still learned nothing about politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 11:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,869,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
There was no smoking gun as I hoped, not even a luke-warm barrel.
Yeah sure, keep telling yourself that, hopefully your wishes will become truth one day unfortunately that is not how real life works.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:19 AM

16,345 posts, read 17,969,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
While there was no smoking gun, there was plenty to incriminate Trump. However, Trump and his most ardent supporters have set the bar of responsibility so low that they actually believe Trump was vindicated by Comey. We are past hoping that Trump will mature into his role or that his supporters will hold him accountable. Now, it's about the Republican-controlled Congress and whether they decide to continue to enable Trump in order to hold on to power. My guess is they will.
I'd be interested to see Trump shoot someone on 5th Avenue and watch the reactions of his supporters and whether they verify what Trump said about them. I suspect most of them would say the victim had it coming, or if the President does it, it's not murder. You know, just like classified information that doesn't belong to the US.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:20 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,757,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
Something all the Trump supporters should read before they think Von Clownstick is off the hook.

3 Big Takeaways From Comey Day in Washington | Observer

Most notable:

"Last, Comey dropped an easy-to-miss bombshell when he was asked by Republican Senator Tom Cotton if he believed that President Trump has colluded with Russia. The former FBI director’s reply was terse: “That’s a question I don’t think I should answer in an open setting.”

To anybody versed in how classified information is handled in Washington, that’s a jaw-dropping response, since Comey de facto admitted that there is evidence that the president colluded with the Kremlin in 2016—but that information, being classified, cannot be discussed in an open session."
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So how Trump gets that he was vindicated by this is a mystery.
I thought the same thing about that exchange....

It made me think that there actually is something "there" about Trump or leaning toward Trump and due to it being classified, he couldn't discuss it.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:24 AM

18,525 posts, read 7,281,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes he can, but if you are the one claiming you did nothing wrong then it might not be a smartest idea to fire the one investigating a matter of impropriety.
But he wasn't investigating impropriety by Trump.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:26 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,400,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
SSSSHHHHH!!! They are pretending that he was! Don't wake them up from their wet dream, they are enjoying it too much!

Old 06-09-2017, 11:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,757,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
SSSSHHHHH!!! They are pretending that he was! Don't wake them up from their wet dream, they are enjoying it too much!
Nobody on the thread is pretending anything it seems except you Trump supporters who are pretending that Trump didn't fire Comey because of the investigation into his campaign regarding the Russian interference in our election last year.

That is the only thing that has been shocking for me in this whole scenario. If he was going to fire him, Trump should have waited until the investigation was over.

You all trying to act like all of us are butt hurt about the election (I am not and would rather have Trump as president than Pence in particular so am worried about this situation from that angle) are being silly and not looking at the big picture which is

• Trump is a habitual liar
  • Trump tried to intimidate Comey into being "loyal" to him
  • Trump had inappropriate 1 on 1 meetings and dinners with Comey
  • Trump tweeted that he fired Comey because of the investigation
  • An investigation is still ongoing
We don't know the results of what the investigation will be or are at this point because that is classified information but we know the above occurred.

You are being frantic IMO that your savior isn't much of a mythical, all powerful being. Our country is more important than Trump and he is not our king and doesn't deserve any blind loyalty.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,171,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Correct. He was investigating Russian interference with the US election and possible collusion of those associated with the Trump campaign and improprieties by Flynn.

So Trump, by attempting to interfere with both investigations, and, by his own admission, attempting to terminate the Russian investigation altogether, Trump has, in fact, created more serious improprieties. Ironic or what?

Old 06-09-2017, 11:37 AM

5,716 posts, read 2,168,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The only real takeaways:

1. Trump was never under FBI investigation.

2. There never was any collusion with the Russians.

3. This whole thing was nothing but a witch hunt against a Presidential administration.
Pretty much this

Old 06-09-2017, 11:49 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,171,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I thought the same thing about that exchange....

It made me think that there actually is something "there" about Trump or leaning toward Trump and due to it being classified, he couldn't discuss it.
There were several of those 'cannot discuss in open hearing' moments that were very interesting.

The mysterious dossier, secret channel to Russia, meetings with Russians, contact with Russian intelligence, Flynn, the Russian bank VEB, any blackmail out there. The fact that Comey didn't just suspect Russian interference with the election but had no doubt (which surely will come publicly at some point).

And just in terms of common sense, why have they all lied or 'forgotten' about meetings with Russians? Why is Putin the only leader Trump has never made negative comments about, and in fact defended? Why did Trump jump at Putin's request for Trump's private Russian meeting (with no US press--only Russian) the day after he fired Comey and admitted he wanted to block the Russian investigation? There is an awful lot of smoke that needn't be there if everything was so innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies