Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 08:47 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
But it's not over. I don't have the facts, but my take on it is that the Russians did what the could to change the outcome. Were they successful? I doubt we will ever have the answer to that. I don't believe they changed votes. I believe they did as much damage, mediawise, that they could and those are the facts. Going forward, we as Americans, just need to be very mindful of what we are reading.

However, the big question is: did people like Sessions, Flynn, and well I could go on with names, did they encourage this, know about it, help it, cheer it on? If so, that would be very anti-American.
Who was in charge when all of this was going on? Who was the boss of the intelligence services at that time? Who was the Director of the FBI during all of this? Yes, that's correct, Obama and Comey. What did THEY know? Did they encourage it? Help it? cheer it on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 08:49 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Who was in charge when all of this was going on? Who was the boss of the intelligence services at that time? Who was the Director of the FBI during all of this? Yes, that's correct, Obama and Comey. What did THEY know? Did they encourage it? Help it? cheer it on?
Exactly. And I'd like to see all the answers come out. I have a feeling that some people would not.

We already know that Obama and Comey knew of the meddling back in 2016 and there are documented conversations stating that Obama did not want to release the information publicly as he thought it would seem he was trying to tip the scales of the election toward Hillary Clinton, since the meddling at that time was already known to be pro Trump.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:49 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
But it's not over. I don't have the facts, but my take on it is that the Russians did what the could to change the outcome. Were they successful? I doubt we will ever have the answer to that. I don't believe they changed votes. I believe they did as much damage, mediawise, that they could and those are the facts. Going forward, we as Americans, just need to be very mindful of what we are reading.

However, the big question is: did people like Sessions, Flynn, and well I could go on with names, did they encourage this, know about it, help it, cheer it on? If so, that would be very anti-American.
I disagree with you on the bolded statement and believe it contradicts the sentence right after it.

If the Russians only targeted swing states, and swayed a few thousand votes here and there, that could have swung the election. "Media" is where most people get their information, and increasingly from nefarious sources. One Russian troll goes onto a Wisconsin chat forum and spends all day everyday posting anti-Hillary propaganda? It most likely did happen and most likely change votes. Now you have a team of people doing targeted misinformation like that? And no reasonable person on the other side is even denying that actually happened.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:50 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
The Trumplings sure are showing their desperation, good, gonna be fun watching some of the fat heads around here explode, then they can get on with their Rebellion because of the vast conspiracy to overthrow their Golden One, the entertainment is priceless.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:51 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
As good Americans, you do want the truth to come out, don't you ? Until these investigations are complete, you can posture all you want, but your beliefs are meaningless and unfounded.

Sounds like you guys would just love this whole thing to go away. SURPRISE, it isn't.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:51 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I disagree with you on the bolded statement and believe it contradicts the sentence right after it.

If the Russians only targeted swing states, and swayed a few thousand votes here and there, that could have swung the election. "Media" is where most people get their information, and increasingly from nefarious sources. One Russian troll goes onto a Wisconsin chat forum and spends all day everyday posting anti-Hillary propaganda? It most likely did happen and most likely change votes. Now you have a team of people doing targeted misinformation like that? And no reasonable person on the other side is even denying that actually happened.
I meant that I don't think they physically, directly changed a Clinton vote to a Trump vote within the voting machine/software.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:52 AM

348 posts, read 256,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What investigation? Trump? He isn't under investigation.

Maybe you have something else in mind.
I was responding to the OP's post and yes there is an ongoing investigation by Mueller.

Why do you choose to pull apart everyone's comments to assure everyone that Trump is innocent? How do you know what will be addressed in a closed hearing since we will not know the details?

We know from your posts Trump is innocent. Okay?

Old 06-09-2017, 08:52 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
I meant that I don't think they physically, directly changed a Clinton vote to a Trump vote within the voting machine/software.

Agreed there.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
It is true -- if Clinton had won and the Russians were found to be guilty of attempting to interfere with the election, conservatives would be doing the exact same thing as liberals are right now.

The self righteous stance of the conservatives about liberals going after Trump, blah blah -- is ironic and hypocritical. They know it, we know it but it's the dance right now.

I never thought Trump was purposely guilty of anything...or capable to think up an intricate plot of anything.

He hasn't even figured out that while bickering about the travel ban, he could have completed the review of immigration processes and be presenting the results and making changes as required....but oh no -- he's gotta fight that ban. It's a silly game.....

Meanwhile Flynn, Manafort and even Sessions may have put the Trump admin. at risk with their lies. Why would they lie about meetings..they forgot? Hmmmmm that's a tough excuse to believe. These men are seasoned Washington DC guys they know their meetings.......

Old 06-09-2017, 08:55 AM

348 posts, read 256,034 times
Some people will whine and complain for years if the results do not fit their opinion or agenda. There should be others who feel the same since misery loves company.

Me, I will accept the results.

Last edited by littlebebe; 06-09-2017 at 09:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies