Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 10:36 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Donald Dolt forgetting that he is the President of the USA has indicated he plans on filing a complaint with the DOJ against Comey over his handling of Comey's memos.

Trump must think he is still running Trump University or Trump Steaks as no politician worth his salt would even contemplate this type of complaint.

But the Donald "I am not a colluder" Trump still thinks he is the carnival barker he was in private life when he would threaten law suits all the time and never follow through with them or dismiss those cases soon afterward.

Someone should tell that idiot that "Bully Pulpit" does not refer to the President beating up and threatening those below him that seek to uphold the law or hold him accountable.

*****I have edited this OP to better reflect the nature of Trump's Actions against Comey*******
He SHOULD sue him. Comey has been defaming Trump for some time now. He should be held accountable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 10:39 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I hope that every sane person who wanted a 'business man' running the government is paying attention. The insane ones, well, whatever.
Trump is far more narcissist empire builder than businessman. When I think businessman I think Mulally.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:44 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,808,097 times
Remember how I said Trump seems to always have ways of digging himself into a deeper hole? Trump is vindicated by Comey's testimony. If he were smart, he would let it go and focus on running the country. I don't see anything good for Trump if he tries to drag this out.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:58 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
He SHOULD sue him. Comey has been defaming Trump for some time now. He should be held accountable.
Be careful for what you wish. The Donald as prosecution will be exposed to a deposition. There are MANY things which he might not like to have exposed in public in order to 'prove' that the things which might have been leaked about him are "not true".

The Donald has given at least three reasons for Comey's firing, so when the Donald said it was about the Russian inquiry, he was lying. Nothing to dispute there. That alone defines the character of The Donald as a liar, and that old grunt who spewed three pages of disconnected (and many times false) 'facts' about him ystdy will get slaughtered if he goes into the court room against a savvy Comey team.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:22 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
Quote:
You have to remember if Trump sues, the case will never see the light. His suit would be punitive to make Comey spend money to defend the law suit.

Yes, I agree though it could really back fire on him.
Ah, but a lot of people, including myself would donate to his defense fund. Crowdsourcing FTMFW!

Old 06-09-2017, 11:35 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
He also said he would sue the women who accused him of sexual impropriety.

He said he would never settle on Trump U.

I expect his attorney's would warn him that if he sues, he will end up on the witness stand. Maybe he fails to understand how that could backfire and will do it anyhow. In the USA, a defendant has the right to face his accuser. Perjury can get very serious.

We can only hope.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:37 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
LOL. This would be a huge strategic mistake on his part. If the DOJ acts on his request they will do so out of spite against Trump. Because Trump WILL find out that retaliating against a legally protected whistle blower will have unexpected consequences. Plus it will make the entire intelligence services hate him even more.

And the circus of clowns continue.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:48 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

And the circus of clowns continue.

Said it right from the very beginning...the clown car pulled up to the WH, the Donald got out of one side, and the **** got out of the other.

Nothing we have seen since has made anything look different.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:58 AM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
You can see Comey is trying to come across as logical and professional.

But that emotionally-fueled thinking drips off him....that is what led him to leak information.

I hope Trump sues him and prosecutes him if there is legal-justification.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:59 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,484 times
Quote:
You have to remember if Trump sues, the case will never see the light. His suit would be punitive to make Comey spend money to defend the law suit.

Yes, I agree though it could really back fire on him.
If he thinks that by suing Comey that Comey will crumble due to $$, he is in for a rude awakening. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would gladly defend Comey and help him financially if it forces Trump to go under oath...

Trump, our lawsuit-happy Idiot-in-Chief will be making a big mistake if he pursues this route and I hope he does!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies