Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 04:47 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times

Advertisements

ok thank you! it seems there are different view points on what happened, why and who and all that. so that's why i am confused about what is really going on. i did find another thread talking about it. some threads get so long and go off topic and go in all different directions. but i am also trying to find online, researching, but it's hard to find out there too because, again, there are different opinions and who is right or wrong?!

anyway, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 04:52 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,078,314 times
The FBI did wiretap Trump Tower years ago. There was a Russian gambling ring operating there. It was widely reported when arrest were made.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:55 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They tried to hack the GOP, but they kept themselves secure.
Suuuure.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:57 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Equivalent question: the reason the sky turned chartreuse last week?

Equivalent question: when did you start hating women?

Old 06-09-2017, 05:15 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i have searched but i cannot find the answer to my question. i'm sure it's here buried somewhere in a long thread. doing a search doesn't really help because all words used to search are just too general...russia interference, u.s. elections, trump, clinton, and combo's of some of those words, etc. so i apologize if this has been discussed and i just can't find it. and i'm also sorry if this is a dumb question.

i am confused about why, exactly, russia would interfere in our presidential elections. what was the goal? they didn't want clinton to win? if so, why exactly? they wanted trump to win? if so, why exactly? and how did they interfere? what was done? and who did it?
The goal is the same as it's been for the past 60 years, the goal is to weaken us. It's the same old game the Soviets have played for years. Disruption, confusion, interference, having people at each other's throats can often weaken a country. Our media played right into their hands btw. Anyway, they unsuccessfully tried to hack some databases with an email scheme. Russia isn't the only country that does stuff like this, China and Iran do it too.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
i have searched but i cannot find the answer to my question. i'm sure it's here buried somewhere in a long thread. doing a search doesn't really help because all words used to search are just too general...russia interference, u.s. elections, trump, clinton, and combo's of some of those words, etc. so i apologize if this has been discussed and i just can't find it. and i'm also sorry if this is a dumb question.

i am confused about why, exactly, russia would interfere in our presidential elections. what was the goal? they didn't want clinton to win? if so, why exactly? they wanted trump to win? if so, why exactly? and how did they interfere? what was done? and who did it?
They did several things. From on one occasion expressing their wish to avoid a Clinton presidency which a lot of Americans agreed with up to supporting certain internet entities in certain internet activities. There's more no doubt too. The problem is though all countries do this all the time.

Hell the Saudis are elbow deep in every politician in DC and they're the main supporters of terrorism.

The why of it is that they want better relations with the west and the goal is to get people in power who are receptive to the idea.

The problem is the insane ****nuts we have in power need Russia to be an enemy so they can pick the pockets of taxpayers and control things in general.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:20 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Deny it all you want, Putin lovers. I cannot believe American citizens would put their respect of Putin above their own country. And it is the same "my country right or wrong" crowd.

This is not about Billary or Trump.

I saw a women who has been watching this play out for years. Wish I had caught her name and job. She said the Russians were playing around like Boris and Natasha in 2008. She knew who they were and what they were doing. Said they have gotten very good at it.

Another source, my morning paper, said they almost got into 2 states voter registrations. The government knew in June. They alerted all the states SOSs. Some SOSs said they were not aware how serious it was.

The Russians were paying people to put up fake news sites, FB posts and planting stories to create doubt in our system and candidates, both of them.

All y'all who think your team is best better wake up and smell the coffee. The Russians need money.

All those sanctions are hurting Russian oligarch bankers. They are former KGB agent buddies of the head KGB agent, Putin.

The oil lease owned by EM is worth billions. As soon as the sanctions are lifted they start drilling.

It appears Putin is winning this fight.
I think that was just the Grisham novel you read a few years back.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:32 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times
Quote:

If Russia wanted to influence the US elections, it would have been Hillary they helped being they already knew she could be bought. They liked doing business with her when she was Secretary of State.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:40 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I think that was just the Grisham novel you read a few years back.
Just repeating stuff that has been around for a long time. But you would discount because it is corporate owned MSM.

Pay attention. It's all out there.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:44 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
If Russia wanted to influence the US elections, it would have been Hillary they helped being they already knew she could be bought. They liked doing business with her when she was Secretary of State.
Are you trying to introduce reason and logic into this tantrum? Let me guess... you have stock in the Play-Doh and the trumpophobe spinner toy corporations...

Furthering your point: why would Russia give the big middle finger to the very same woman who helped them revamp their ICBM arsenal? She had been their darling... and now they slap her in the face like this when she runs for president?

The solution to this particular conundrum seems pretty obvious to me. (hint: what if the Russians did NOT control the election? I know that's an odd, crazy idea, but just pretend for a moment. Just a "what if?" sort of thought)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies