Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 06:23 AM

937 posts, read 698,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
dear poster: if you really want to fix things - fix the underlying cause - govt spending. the solution is not to take from others which is narrow minded, greedy and selfish.
It has to come from somewhere, it's the upper classes that have it. Take from the ones that have way to much as opposed to taken it from the poor that have little.

Cut the military budget if you want to cut something. It's nothing but waste, starting with the pentagon.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:27 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,576,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
It has to come from somewhere, it's the upper classes that have it. Take from the ones that have way to much as opposed to taken it from the poor that have little.

Cut the military budget if you want to cut something. It's nothing but waste, starting with the pentagon.
There is no shortage of places to cut (basically everywhere) but with our current two party system,, political patronage alive and well, a high stock market and even our current (drain the swamp) President it is just not going to happen.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:57 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Some did not care for what Obama stood for and wanted to take us.
Many of us were Anti-Obama for the entire 8 years (and continue to be so) much like many were anti-Bush.

Difference seems to be the extreme Media attention on Trump which will continue to feed the left. The media glossed over and never really looked into Obama. I've almost stopped watching any national news. They will never accept Trump.

Shame the Media scrutiny on Trump was not on Obama his lies on the IRS, Fast and Furious and especially Obamacare.

We will probably see the Progressive left be increasingly more violent.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:24 AM

321 posts, read 182,774 times
My "meltdown" over Bush lasted until 2015, and Trump is SO MUCH worse than Bush - I suspect this will last until at least 2042.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:26 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Will this hetze and witch hunt ever stop or will the left keep going for the all time rock bottom melt down.

Some on the left have now admitted that President Trump was not doing anything wrong. Others try to change to a new narrative to save their face and image that others already laughed about.

More left wingers have destroyed their careers than before by acting on their hate and jealousy and unable to deal with acceptance of voting for a bad , lying candidate.

We see how the meltdown is not winning any seats for the left but the left seems to be dead and blind for reality.
Lol...I like the responses. What meltdown? We don't see no me stinkin' meltdown.

Dems have two things. They have the MSM, and a passionate hatred of Trump, his wife and his children. That means they can say any awful thing about Melania or Barron and feel perfectly smug and justified.

What they don't have is power. They are desperate for Ossoff to win so they can claim the tide has shifted against Trump. They really need 2018 because Obama didn't groom anyone for higher office and they lack anyone to go against Trump in 2020.

The left wing is just going to get worse.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
There is no shortage of places to cut (basically everywhere) but with our current two party system,, political patronage alive and well, a high stock market and even our current (drain the swamp) President it is just not going to happen.
But, you don't cut programs that help the poor (ans I'm NOT talking about "handouts"), nor do you cut programs that help the environment because both benefit ALL of us.

Poor = crime = incarceration @ $40k+/yr. That doesn't seem to make any sense to me, buit many here don't seem to get that.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Difference seems to be the extreme Media attention on Trump which will continue to feed the left. The media glossed over and never really looked into Obama.
You don't get it. Your Trump causes his own media attention starting with the deployable and outright stupid practice/habit of using his toy idiot phone to continuously send childish text messages which amount to nothing but dribble instead of acting like an adult. I would of added 'acting like a president', but that really would of been pushing things.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:50 AM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times
I hope it never ends. I love laughing at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2qraZKD4hI

Old 06-10-2017, 10:16 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
I've wondered this as well . I'm guessing when the liberal media outlets start losing viewers and losing money . The media are experts into getting viewers attention though and spend a fortune to do so , so I don't see that happening anytime soon .

The media definitely didn't treat Bush this way. Trump just started but he's already proving to be a lot better than Bush .

Old 06-10-2017, 10:18 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Some stayed in melt down mode for 8 years while Obama was POTUS.

Some never accepted him as POTUS.

Same deal with those who came before.

Imagine some will remain in melt down mode for as long as Trump remains POTUS and never accept him.

(Shrug)

There is no objective source for the number of people who have ruined their careers by acting on hate.

US politics is cyclical. No party remains in control forever.
This pretty much sums it up.

I know people that still rage about Obama, and the guy ain't even POTUS anymore. I have no doubt that there will be people that still blame Trump or hate on him long after he's passed away.......think Richard Nixon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies