Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 09:38 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,227,886 times

Advertisements

Megalomaniacs are addicted to attention/power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 09:41 PM

38,608 posts, read 26,225,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I actually thought that Mr. Biden's suggestion that Mr. Romney run for the Senate made good sense. Now, I did not vote for Mr. Romney, but I do feel like he would be a pretty good Senator representing Utah.

Why?

Old 06-10-2017, 09:41 PM

31,841 posts, read 14,828,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I have no idea why the left pushed Hillary Clinton so much, other than just to have "first woman president"
They thought that Hillary would easily win the 2008 nomination. They underestimated Obama though. So of course they thought she should be next in line for the nomination. Good grief it was her, Bernie and Martin O'Malley. Slim pickins for the dems. On the other hand, Republicans had a dozen candidates to choose from and here you gave us Trump

Old 06-10-2017, 09:48 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,385,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think people estimated Hillary's popularity to be greater than it was simply because Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were popular. Even people who loved Bill Clinton disliked her.

Obama and Bill Clinton had charisma and could diffuse ugliness or aggression by making a joke or saying something that endeared them to the public. She just got her full face *B* on and thought that would be okay.

It's obvious she's not cut from the same cloth as those two. Not even close. I sometimes wonder if the powers that be knew that going into it but were too afraid to tell her.
She's not charismatic I agree. She's probably ten times smarter than Bill and I doubt that he would have been president without her. But, in this day and age, the show horse is always going to beat the work horse and we must remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
They will run First Transgender in '20, first Intergalactic in '24.

LOL.
You ran the first orange clown. LOL.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:58 PM

31,635 posts, read 26,478,552 times
Mitt Romney just needs to give up on running for WH and concentrate on something he can win; like perhaps a senate seat from Utah.

And before anyone starts Senator Hatch isn't that popular with a good number of voters from his state saying it is time for new blood. Running for a senate seat in a majority Mormon state would give *Mittens* a good leg up, and certainly side step any unpleasantness from Christian far right.

MR ran for POTUS *twice* and lost, time to move onto something else. Besides you can be sure in 2020 many in the GOP won't have forgotten Mittens cozying up to DT looking for a place in His Orangeness's administration.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:01 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,264,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Are they thinking of some sort of centrist campaign in 2020? Would be interesting. Biden seems too reasonable for the modern Democrats.

I dont get the concern, are they supposed to hate each other?

Likely both are from the old school in which opponents knew how to be civil and even friendly with each other.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:04 PM

38,608 posts, read 26,225,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
i want to hear Biden's justification for wanting that pos Romney to run for the Senate.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Biden's son is ass deep in Ukrainian political corruption and money.

With Biden, and Democrats generally, out of power, his son's value to the Ukrainian oligarchy is greatly diminished. Inviting Romney into future international influence pedaling schemes may be a bipartisan marriage of convenience for political whores lacking any core values whatsoever.

Vice President Joe Biden's son joins Ukraine gas company - BBC News

Old 06-10-2017, 10:37 PM

31,841 posts, read 14,828,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Are they thinking of some sort of centrist campaign in 2020? Would be interesting. Biden seems too reasonable for the modern Democrats.
Biden would have won the nomination over Hillary.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:32 PM

29,389 posts, read 16,304,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama was not popular by 2016 with the working class and middle America. That is why Democrats were devastated in the US House, US Senate, and state government, and governor's houses. (aside from losing the presidency)

Bill Clinton was irrelevant. He had a hard time getting 100 people to show up at his campaign events.

Anyone who saw this knew Trump was going to send Hillary to the pasture. I said it time and time again on this forum for over a year.
Ugh, you making this argument is always laughable, she got 3 million more votes than Trump, and lost the election because of 80,000 votes across 3 states.

If you actually had the ability to guess that, you wouldnt have been here post.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:23 AM

14,676 posts, read 7,978,215 times
I didn't vote for Romney when he ran for President....but I would take him hands down over the President that we have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies