Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should he testify?
Trump supporter - YES, testify 17 12.88%
Trump supporter - NO, dont testify 21 15.91%
Anti-Trump - YES, testify 87 65.91%
Anti-Trump - NO, dont testify 7 5.30%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 08:01 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
My hope is that he gets forced to.

If it were to happen, workplaces would have to shut down that day because NO ONE would be at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 08:03 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Pedro !! You usually have such inciteful posts. How could you be reduced to "But Hillary...." I've lost faith !
Fixed it for you, hope you don't mind.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:06 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
I wasn't paying attention and selected "Trump supporter - YES testify". Should have been "anti-Trump - YES testify". I can see that it didn't skew the pole in the least. What does that tell you?

At any rate, you bet I want him to testify! That'll be an hour or two of prime entertainment. Invite some friends over, have a BBQ, a few beers and it's a fine evening of television. Wouldn't miss it!

Old 06-10-2017, 08:16 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Fixed it for you, hope you don't mind.
Thanks, but there are two spellings of the word.

in·sight·ful
inˈsītfəl,ˈinsītfəl/
adjective
adjective: insightful
  1. having or showing an accurate and deep understanding; perceptive.
    "thank you for all the insightful comments"
    synonyms:intuitive, perceptive, discerning, penetrating, penetrative, astute, percipient, perspicacious, sagacious, wise, judicious, shrewd, sharp, sharp-witted, razor-sharp, keen, incisive, acute, imaginative, appreciative, intelligent, thoughtful, sensitive, deep, profound; More

Old 06-10-2017, 08:17 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Thanks, but there are two spellings of the word.

in·sight·ful
inˈsītfəl,ˈinsītfəl/
adjective
adjective: insightful
  1. having or showing an accurate and deep understanding; perceptive.
    "thank you for all the insightful comments"
    synonyms:intuitive, perceptive, discerning, penetrating, penetrative, astute, percipient, perspicacious, sagacious, wise, judicious, shrewd, sharp, sharp-witted, razor-sharp, keen, incisive, acute, imaginative, appreciative, intelligent, thoughtful, sensitive, deep, profound; More
I was joking (at Pedros expense). I should have used an emoji. LOL

Old 06-10-2017, 10:54 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Doh! I hit Trump supporter that wants him to testify when it should be anti Trump supporter wanting him to testify. Note to self, never reply to a poll while hung over with little sleep.

Yes I want him to testify. I also want some pop corn and a few friends over for a good laugh. The liar and chief testifying under oath? Sure, why not?

Old 06-10-2017, 11:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
He has offered to testify, I think he should.

I would like him to testify before the investigation is complete so we can compare what he has to say with the facts.
Indeed he did offer. Of course, he would like under oath with no second thoughts. He's only been deposed like 100 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Yes, but, there's a process to doing it. Presidents don't just flippantly reveal classified info, then
say, "Oops...OK, now this info is unclassified!"
Trump does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I wasn't paying attention and selected "Trump supporter - YES testify". Should have been "anti-Trump - YES testify". I can see that it didn't skew the pole in the least. What does that tell you?

At any rate, you bet I want him to testify! That'll be an hour or two of prime entertainment. Invite some friends over, have a BBQ, a few beers and it's a fine evening of television. Wouldn't miss it!
Trump would probably do it just because he knows it would get good ratings!

Old 06-10-2017, 11:57 AM

727 posts, read 390,461 times
As of this writing, 10.52% of Trump supporters say testify under oath.
21.05% say don't

Of non Trump supporters 63.15% say testify and 5.26% say don't

That means 1/3 of Trump supporters want to hear what he will say under oath, while 2/3 don't.

If you are a Trump supporter why wouldn't you want to hear what he has to say under oath? (Forget using national security because everyone knows they will watch him like a hawk.)

Non supporters overwhelmingly want to hear what he has to say when it's criminal to lie. Why not you?

Old 06-10-2017, 11:59 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:14 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
I say yes. If nothing else, it will help put the whole controversy to rest. Or he'll lie and we can impeach him for lying under oath.

I see no downside either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies