Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 10:04 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times

Advertisements

Omaha police chief: 'We failed'; 2 officers to be fired for violating policies in Taser incident | Crime & Courts | omaha.com

Thanks, to the police chief of Omaha's fixation on diversity and inclusion there is a chance of a big lawsuit.

Same thing is going on in many cities. I am all for female police officers if they have same physical endurance of the average male police officer and the typical strong criminals.

This same liberal police chief loves the cameras and always preaching about diversity. Rather then good, solid police officers no matter race or gender; he is fixated on being a liberal, camera loving activist who is constantly on the news.

Wonder if Omaha will have a huge lawsuit because the police chief has a fixation of having as much diversity as possible even if it means lower quality. I am all for diversity for police departments if they retain high standards, but sadly in the name of numbers of appeasing liberal groups they cherry-pick as many people who are considered to be have diversity enhancing groups in the shortest amount of time possible.

I am all for police hiring good-solid applicants no matter what race or gender. If a women applies and is very strong then perfect, but many police departments seem to have tiny, petite women on patrol.

Odd, how in Omaha the dispatch sends to two-petite rookie female police officers to a mental health crisis involving a very large male.

And then two more police officers arrive from that was likely cherry-picked because they added diversity to the force.

I notice that in Omaha that many women ride with men in police cars. I guess it is what it is but it seems like there are less police cars in the city driving around on patrol, because many of cars are male cop/female cop in one car patrolling.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 06-10-2017 at 10:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 10:38 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
The feds will sue and fine them for not having enough females. when I had my floor covering business, before I retired, I had to be careful about bidding government jobs. They wanted me to hire women, but the job took too much physical strength for most women. An employee had to carry in rolls of carpet that weighed 200 lbs or more. I could not find a woman who could do it.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:47 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
They aren't looking for police. They are looking for the future victims of violence. They love victims.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:53 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
This has been a growing problem for the last few decades. They have lowered the standards to allow women into law enforcement when they have no business being there. Not only do these lowered standards allow women who are not physically capable, but it allows men who are also not up to the qualifications.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:01 AM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The feds will sue and fine them for not having enough females. when I had my floor covering business, before I retired, I had to be careful about bidding government jobs. They wanted me to hire women, but the job took too much physical strength for most women. An employee had to carry in rolls of carpet that weighed 200 lbs or more. I could not find a woman who could do it.
We just had a Full Size Futon Delivered. Male Driver and Female Helper. SHE picked up the Futon herself and carried it (no doley) into our basement all alone. How much does a Futon weight? At LEAST 200 lbs, between the mattress and steel mechanisms. The box alone was around 6 ft.

Of course, she was about 5'10" and about 175 lbs. At that size she was probably bigger and stronger than a lot of men, as her Driver. Depends on a woman's size, not solely her gender.

BTW, I had a friend who was around 4'8" and a Third Degree Black Belt. When we were attacked by two men following us, she took out both of them by herself.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:07 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
If they pass the job-simulation physical agility test then they can join - regardless of size or gender.
Could you pass?

In my city:
https://www.elpasotexas.gov/police-department/join-eppd

Pursuit Agility Course
Objective: To complete the 180 foot course in 39 seconds or less. The work sample simulates a short distance foot pursuit that might occur in the parking lot of an office complex or shopping center. The test requires that the applicant make frequent changes in direction while running as fast as possible.

The distance around the pursuit course is 180 feet. Before the applicant enters the course, they must run as quickly as possible around the course. Once they enter the course, they will scale a three-foot wall and jump over three 18-inch barriers. The distance the applicant will run inside the course is 150 feet. Applicants will be required to wear a bullet resistant vest and carry a police radio while completing the course.

Wall Climb
Objective: To run a 25 yard course, scale a six-foot wall and run five yards to the finish line in 17 seconds or less. This work sample simulates a situation in which an applicant must scale a six-foot wall during a pursuit. The applicant will be required to run 25 yards up to a wall, scale the wall, and run five yards to the finish line. The applicant may use any method to get over the wall. However, the applicant may not use the side supports in any manner to get over the wall.

Body drag
Objective: To drag a 185 pound dummy a distance of 30 feet in 16 seconds or less. This work sample simulates dragging a wounded officer or citizen to safety for a distance of 30 feet. The applicant will be required to drag a 185-lbs dummy that is lying face up on the ground. The applicant is to drag the dummy by back peddling as quickly as possible for a total of 30 feet. The time it takes to drag the dummy will be recorded. The time ends when the dummy’s feet crosses the finish line.

500 Yard Pursuit Run
Objective: To complete the 500-yard pursuit run in 152 seconds or less. The work sample simulates a medium distance pursuit. The exam consists of the applicant running 500 yards while wearing a bullet resistant vest carrying a police radio. When taking the exam, the applicant should pace themselves by running at about 2/4 speed. Applicants should not try to sprint the entire distance.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
How is that different from some overweight, middle aged, beer bellied cop that couldn't chase down my geriatric Westie?

Old 06-10-2017, 11:12 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
If they pass the job-simulation physical agility test then they can join - regardless of size or gender.
Could you pass?

In my city:
https://www.elpasotexas.gov/police-department/join-eppd

Pursuit Agility Course
Objective: To complete the 180 foot course in 39 seconds or less. The work sample simulates a short distance foot pursuit that might occur in the parking lot of an office complex or shopping center. The test requires that the applicant make frequent changes in direction while running as fast as possible.

The distance around the pursuit course is 180 feet. Before the applicant enters the course, they must run as quickly as possible around the course. Once they enter the course, they will scale a three-foot wall and jump over three 18-inch barriers. The distance the applicant will run inside the course is 150 feet. Applicants will be required to wear a bullet resistant vest and carry a police radio while completing the course.

Wall Climb
Objective: To run a 25 yard course, scale a six-foot wall and run five yards to the finish line in 17 seconds or less. This work sample simulates a situation in which an applicant must scale a six-foot wall during a pursuit. The applicant will be required to run 25 yards up to a wall, scale the wall, and run five yards to the finish line. The applicant may use any method to get over the wall. However, the applicant may not use the side supports in any manner to get over the wall.

Body drag
Objective: To drag a 185 pound dummy a distance of 30 feet in 16 seconds or less. This work sample simulates dragging a wounded officer or citizen to safety for a distance of 30 feet. The applicant will be required to drag a 185-lbs dummy that is lying face up on the ground. The applicant is to drag the dummy by back peddling as quickly as possible for a total of 30 feet. The time it takes to drag the dummy will be recorded. The time ends when the dummy’s feet crosses the finish line.

500 Yard Pursuit Run
Objective: To complete the 500-yard pursuit run in 152 seconds or less. The work sample simulates a medium distance pursuit. The exam consists of the applicant running 500 yards while wearing a bullet resistant vest carrying a police radio. When taking the exam, the applicant should pace themselves by running at about 2/4 speed. Applicants should not try to sprint the entire distance.
That's just to get into the academy. My son is currently in an academy in another state. People drop like flies everyday during...

Old 06-10-2017, 11:16 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Omaha police chief: 'We failed'; 2 officers to be fired for violating policies in Taser incident | Crime & Courts | omaha.com

Thanks, to the police chief of Omaha's fixation on diversity and inclusion there is a chance of a big lawsuit.

Same thing is going on in many cities. I am all for female police officers if they have same physical endurance of the average male police officer and the typical strong criminals.
Police are armed with pepper spray, batons, electric stun guns, and firearms. And a properly trained police officer does not need to be overly strong to do their job.

Quote:
This same liberal police chief loves the cameras and always preaching about diversity. Rather then good, solid police officers no matter race or gender; he is fixated on being a liberal, camera loving activist who is constantly on the news.

Wonder if Omaha will have a huge lawsuit because the police chief has a fixation of having as much diversity as possible even if it means lower quality. I am all for diversity for police departments if they retain high standards, but sadly in the name of numbers of appeasing liberal groups they cherry-pick as many people who are considered to be have diversity enhancing groups in the shortest amount of time possible.

I am all for police hiring good-solid applicants no matter what race or gender. If a women applies and is very strong then perfect, but many police departments seem to have tiny, petite women on patrol.

Odd, how in Omaha the dispatch sends to two-petite rookie female police officers to a mental health crisis involving a very large male.

And then two more police officers arrive from that was likely cherry-picked because they added diversity to the force.

I notice that in Omaha that many women ride with men in police cars. I guess it is what it is but it seems like there are less police cars in the city driving around on patrol, because many of cars are male cop/female cop in one car patrolling.
I live in New Orleans and I prefer coming in contact with female police officers. I find female police officers more willing to answer questions, more interested in the actual law, and better at calming tense situations.

I find male police officers less willing to answer questions, have no interest in actual law, while often having the typical would rather be eating doughnuts mentality. There are male police officers that provide exceptional service in regards to questions, law, manners and reasoning (but personally I find female officers to have those traits much more often.)

Last edited by chad3; 06-10-2017 at 12:00 PM..

Old 06-10-2017, 11:33 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times
I'm more worried about all the overweight and obese male cops out there who can't even chase a rolling donut down the street. Ever watched Cops? They run 20 feet before running out of breath and having to call backup. What a joke. This is a bigger problem than having a few ladies in the force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies