Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 05:22 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
1. The Wa Po and NYT report the news and have investigative journalists with well placed sources. Wikileaks works in concert with Russian hackers/FSB to undermine democratic governments.

2. Trumplings hate the WaPo and NYT. They love wikileaks, Putin and Russia.

That was easy!

Got any more?

Old Gringo, Do you want to play a game? Easy game.I will post a fake news story from Wa po and you post a fake story from Wiki. Lets see who runs out of material first. I will go first.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.63442493850b
"Last week, then-FBI Director James B. Comey requested more resources from the Justice Department for his bureau’s investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, according to two officials with knowledge of the discussion." "that was used to justify Trump’s swift and unexpected firing of Comey on Tuesday evening"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 05:24 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Really? If you don't know the difference between two reputable newspapers and the Russian-sponsored, Trump approved Wiki Leaks then you are truly living in a partisan black hole.

"between two reputable newspapers"

Reputable. Now THERE is a laugh.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
Old Gringo, Do you want to play a game? Easy game.I will post a fake news story from Wa po and you post a fake story from Wiki. Lets see who runs out of material first. I will go first.
"Last week, then-FBI Director James B. Comey requested more resources from the Justice Department for his bureau’s investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, according to two officials with knowledge of the discussion." "that was used to justify Trump’s swift and unexpected firing of Comey on Tuesday evening"

I don't pay attention to fake news.

Go ahead and count this as a win for your side.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:58 PM

1 posts, read 371 times
Um... Who got us into the Iraq War on false grounds?

Old 06-12-2017, 01:44 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotConvinced View Post
Um... Who got us into the Iraq War on false grounds?
The Washington post was very supportive the iraq invasion and the need for war and the NY times played a huge part in spreading the lies of weapons of mass destruction. These papers are a train wreck but so many Democrats just caved and the liberal msm media just fell in line

MSNBC also fired liberal Phil Donahue, a critic of Bush's Iraq policy, a month before the invasion began and replaced his show with an expanded Countdown: Iraq, initially hosted by Lester Holt. Wolf Blitzer and CNN became war central. Most of the criticism of the invasion came from the right and Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan.

All any president needs is a war to calm "the resistance" and mainstream media, they love trump when hes bombing syria?

https://thinkprogress.org/washington...n-8d93a991b3da

"Among the the nation’s major newspapers, the Washington Post editorial board was one of the loudest cheerleaders for war in Iraq. As Chris Mooney wrote for the Columbia Journalism Review:

" The paper started out hawkishly, echoing many of Bush’s arguments and calling war “an operation essential to American security” even before Powell’s presentation. The Post then quickly endorsed Powell’s WMD and al Qaeda claims. ."

"Chalabi was reportedly the main source of bogus information that New York Times reporter Judith Miller used in her thoroughly discredited work about Iraq's supposedly brimming stockpile of weapons of mass destruction.

It was Chalabi who wove Saddam Hussein fiction and it was Miller, then a widely respected Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, who gave it the NYTimes stamp approval as the paper did its part to lead the nation to war. "

But never once in the course of its coverage--or in any public comments from its editors--did the Times acknowledge Chalabi's central role in some of its biggest scoops, scoops that not only garnered attention but that the administration specifically cited to buttress its case for war. "

Last edited by floridanative10; 06-12-2017 at 01:54 AM..

Old 06-12-2017, 04:02 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
1. The Wa Po and NYT report the news and have investigative journalists with well placed sources. ....
These days I can't believe that anyone could say that about WaPo and the Mexican owned blog called the NY Times.

They have thoroughly disgraced themselves for lack of journalist integrity these days.

Both are also in financial trouble. This speaks for itself.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
The Washington Post often waits months to publish leaks if they cannot verify them. Wiki Leaks publishes anything immediately, fabricated or not.
You mean like Comey's notes? How do you verify information that the leaker wrote themselves? He said no one else was in the room? It's he said - he said, improvable info.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:26 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wikileaks and Assange just dump massive amounts of documents with no regard if they are endangering lives in the process. The mainstream press verify their information with several sources before printing stuff and hold back anything that might put our armed services and operatives at risk. Wikileaks is working with Russia to destroy us.
So is the Washington Post and NYT. They are doing what Putin wanted them to do. Not sure they are on Putin's payroll or not.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:31 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So is the Washington Post and NYT. They are doing what Putin wanted them to do. Not sure they are on Putin's payroll or not.
The WaPo and NYTs working with the Russians!!! Where do you guys come up with this rubbish?!?

It reminds me when my son was six years old and coming up with an excuse no matter how ridiculous.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
Quote:
Old Gringo: I don't pay attention to fake news.
I heard the entire hearing of the 3 Intelligence officials and the Deputy Attorney General who is in charge of the investigation since Sessions recused himself, not just the clips. McCabe (Acting FBI Director) testified under oath that they don't need more money to investigate. If you would like to hear that answer from the horse's mouth it comes at the 2:05:57 mark (I included the question of Senator Blunt who asked the question) of the full testimony here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atFX846pmw8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies