Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Ron Paul conservatives support Donald Trump?
Supported Ron Paul, Support Donald Trump 14 41.18%
Supported Ron Paul, Do Not Support Trump 9 26.47%
Did not support Ron Paul, Support Donald Trump 2 5.88%
Did not support either 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 08:10 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if there is any crossover between the Ron Paul crowd and those who support Trump. They seem to be different bases yet overlapping in some ways. Maybe it's just that the Ron Paul cult seemed as devoted as Trump's cult is to him. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 08:20 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Why do you use the term cult? Are you a cultist too?

Old 06-11-2017, 09:32 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
The question is meaningless and here is why : Its to early to know.

Explained :
Identity Politics is a cult promoting tribalism.
Its useful in promoting stereotypes and other simplified models to understand people in a population of hundreds of millions.
The OP referring to both Ron Paul and Trump supporters as cult members is important to note. It is the main tactic use in cults, tribes, and identity politics to use bulling. When a tribal member is unwilling to conform to the politics of the collective, bullying is used to keep individuals from wandering off or joining other groups. Shouting people down is another tactic, but here it is a mild form of bullying to disparage both groups disapproved of.
The underlying question and concern seems to be : will they join forces to become a more powerful voting block and stand in the way of the liberal resistance movement ? Its a good question and shows the understanding is at the very fringe of understanding of the Trump Revolution or the Bernie Revolution. We won't really know what groups will join together until the next campaign starts and we know what the message is and what issues they address.
Democrats have no positive message now.
Will Bernie supporters split the liberal party again ? He is out bashing the Democrats lately and maybe he will take over the Democrat party and try to take the country far left. Anyone leaning to the conservative side will join together to stop that, the best they can, in the binary choice.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
From memory, there were a bunch of Ron Paul people in 2012 running around here.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:50 PM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I am wondering if there is any crossover between the Ron Paul crowd and those who support Trump. They seem to be different bases yet overlapping in some ways. Maybe it's just that the Ron Paul cult seemed as devoted as Trump's cult is to him. What do you think?
Ron Paul was the smartest politician and I support his positions more than any other politician. I also support Trump although I don't always agree with his positions, I appreciate his effectiveness, leadership, and patriotism.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:47 PM

Paul is the man, Trump a lesser evil.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:39 PM

28 posts, read 17,238 times
During their campaigns and speeches both of them sounded antiestablishment.

The media made **** up about both of them, including being racists and anti-semites (both claims were lies).
Ron Paul was largely ignored by the media, while Trump was slandered.

Ron Paul is anti-interventionist, and Trump at one point did say he would "stop the wars".

Paul spoke against the Fed. Trump spoke against media.

I assume Trump addressed illegal immigration which most mainstream "conservative" elites have ignored for decades and decades.

They clearly have their differences... Ron Paul was Libertarian, Trump is his own kind. Not totally conservative but addresses some of their issues.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:44 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,375 times
From the handful of people I know that were Ron Paul fans, most of the them voted Trump. This makes sense to me, for many reasons as mentioned by the guy above me,

Real anti-establishment.
Main stream media constant attacks, as mentioned Paul was mostly just ignored, but still the little coverage given was negative.
Both hated by their own party.

Although these reasons don't touch on agendas, Ron Paul followers really hate the establishment and want to see a real change.

I don't think Ron Paul supported Trump during the campaign but my bet is he voted for him. Just a guess. Ron Paul has said pro Trump things since the inauguration, mostly regarding economic affairs.

Has Ron Paul said anything about the pull out of TPP? I bet he was happy about that.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:46 PM

The two have one favorable thing in common. They ain't Democrats.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:49 PM

1,057 posts, read 868,076 times
Trump has made Ron Paul-esq statements, such less war, intervention, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies