Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 11:01 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
yes! now we're finally starting to get somewhere...
Of course, Metsfan53 is an impeccable source of information that applies to each and every Trump voter, so they'd be foolish not to heed his advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 11:04 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Trumps EPA policy is harmful and includes eliminating the GLRI funding which would halt the clean up of the great lakes. Our drinking water comes from Lake Michigan. The 1% businesses would greatly benefit from deregulation, but that's the bottom line and all that really matters in this epic good old boy network.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:04 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Personally, he blocked my husband's federal detail. He's had us living in limbo about a new job since January.

Now that might not be very significant in the grand scheme of things but that is how his actions have affected me personally.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:16 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
For starters, here is my list what Trump did FOR us!

illegal immigration is down 78%

Stock market is up "15%" since taking office

Unemployment is down 4 straight months

National debt went down 2% in the 1st 90 days

Pulled us out of the Paris Climate Accord (Thank God!)

Massive lift of Government regulations

Religious Freedoms Executive Bill signed

EPA mandate to lift regulations on coal and energy sectors

Have signed 34 Republican bills into law

Dakota Access and Keystone Pipeline is back in operation

Stopped Federal funding to abortion groups

The UN will officially be defunded.

The bid process to build the wall has begun.

Deporting of criminal illegal aliens up over 400%

Sanctuary cities are being defunded (corrupt judge’s ruling will not hold up)

A freeze on refugees coming from terror nations

America is finally PULLING OUT OF TPP

A freeze order on hiring federal employees

A freeze on ALL of Obama's regulations

Dodd-Frank will be repealed (finally)

Head of ISIS killed

Cancelling of all of Obama’s illegal executive orders

Executive order to stop Obamacare penalties will bankrupt Obamarcare

The list is too long………….

I agree that he has done most of this and it's a good thing. However, he didn't rescind Obama's EO on DACA as he said he would and currently reports are (if true) his administration has approved 17,000 new applicants. What's up with that?

Old 06-13-2017, 11:25 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you had half a brain you would know the wealthy voted for Trump. Z Bruce Springsteen very wealthy town voted very heavily for Trump. It was the poor welfare crowd that voted for welfare Hillary.
I'd like to see proof that Trump's base mostly lives in trailer parks and sits around cursiing out blacks, gays and "legal" Mexicans, wouldn't you? I won't hold my breath though and I'm sure you won't either. It's just the usual liberal lies and spin.

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-13-2017 at 11:38 AM..

Old 06-13-2017, 11:36 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Trumps EPA policy is harmful and includes eliminating the GLRI funding which would halt the clean up of the great lakes. Our drinking water comes from Lake Michigan. The 1% businesses would greatly benefit from deregulation, but that's the bottom line and all that really matters in this epic good old boy network.

Interesting....

$20M federal grant supports new Great Lakes research center | Fox17

Federal budget deal to maintain Great Lakes funding at $300M - The Blade

Great Lakes infrastructure projects get extra cash from feds

Old 06-14-2017, 09:30 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Trump doesn't budge on eliminating Great Lakes cleanup funding | MLive.com

It looks like the clean up has been funded for one more year thanks to the over whelming blow back from everyone effected by the loss of the funding. One year and 300 mil. is a drop in the bucket compared to what's needed to clean up the mess. My hope is that in a year from now the public and blow back will be back before the destruct-or and chief has his way. Does anyone know if the Dodd Frank regulation was repealed in the senate? The vote was last week I think.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:38 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Helloooo. Trump is an elite. He was never poor and never had to start from scratch on his own. He went into the same business as his father and rode his coat tails and his contacts. Sounds elite to me.

Absolutely, but his is what a lot of his base thinks--that he was a renegade who came to town to shake up Washington. Not really. He was born w/ a silver spoon in his mouth. Any one see the show on Front Line, I think it was, show about him and his growing up? His chauffeur, at age 8 or 9 would take him around for his paper route? Sounds like a real maverick, huh? Lol. A rich guy who knew how to play people for his own benefit. Con artist mostly.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
So, 7 pages later we got a lot of hurt feelings and a lot of help.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:21 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, 7 pages later we got a lot of hurt feelings and a lot of help.
Don't forget a lot of laughs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies